ALCS -- Red Sox vs Astros

Beau Vine

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

If he gets chin music in Fenway this is why. I do not agree with that, just saying. Oh, that was a gorgeous shot. Love how the pitcher is even say damn..... But who let the fuck on the right in Tennessee orange in? 

You don't have to "just saying" anything. That's some classless shit for game 1 of a 7 game series. Especially for a guy that excused his way out of the ASG.

But - I'm here for it and he did take y'all yard to win it - love this series almost as much as the WCF in the NBA.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You don't have to "just saying" anything. That's some classless shit for game 1 of a 7 game series. Especially for a guy that excused his way out of the ASG.

But - I'm here for it and he did take y'all yard to win it - love this series almost as much as the WCF in the NBA.

Nah, I don't mind. They are big boys. You can see the pitcher knows. The catcher knows. The ump is glaring past the moon to see if that fucker was going to hit the ISS. 

Just now, TexArcher said:

Yes, it's classless to celebrate a huge homerun in an ALCS game.  No one has ever done that ever, except the Astros.  Like sign stealing.

It isn't just "celebrating" it's being a dick about it. If it was a series clinching game then whatever but it's a little cocky to not even start running after a shot in the first game of the series. No one but Astros fans are going to agree with you on this one. 

For the record - if it was my team I'd be here for it. But I think that's going to bug the neutral observer. 

And maybe the neutral observer can fuck off - idk - can I get a non Chelsea fan in here so I don't have to be as careful with my words?

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

Correa just leans into the wrestling heel gimmick all the way these days. If you’re going to be hated anyway, you might as well enjoy it. 

This is a good take on the matter. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Why on earth would you ever subject yourself to talking to Huckleberry? 

He dropped the matter because he got caught with his pants down. Whatever. Moving on.

I'm just saying, all that unwritten rule stuff about showing up a pitcher goes out the window in the playoffs.  Guys get emotional.  Soto flexed all over us in the World Series a couple of years ago.  Do I like the trend?  Not particularly.  I'm more a purist, I suppose.  But there are guys on every team doing it.  Just like sign stealing.

I hate to tell you this, but if you think the Astros are some uniquely evil entity, you've been sold a bunch of bullshit.

But, by all means, keep it up.  Some of our guys seem to feed off of it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It isn't just "celebrating" it's being a dick about it. If it was a series clinching game then whatever but it's a little cocky to not even start running after a shot in the first game of the series. No one but Astros fans are going to agree with you on this one. 

For the record - if it was my team I'd be here for it. But I think that's going to bug the neutral observer. 

And maybe the neutral observer can fuck off - idk - can I get a non Chelsea fan in here so I don't have to be as careful with my words?

I think you are way overthinking it, it's the fucking playoffs in the year 2021 when everyone is constantly talking about growing the game and making it more appealing to kids blah blah blah. 

I am an Astros fan who loves Correa, but that bias aside, I wouldn't have a strong aversion to what he did in that moment because it's the fucking playoffs and it's late in the game. Celebrate those moments, that's what the fans want. 

If this was Tatis Jr going deep, I would love it as a neutral fan watching on TV. 

And I am fucking old.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm just saying, all that unwritten rule stuff about showing up a pitcher goes out the window in the playoffs.  Guys get emotional.  Soto flexed all over us in the World Series a couple of years ago.  Do I like the trend?  Not particularly.  I'm more a purist, I suppose.  But there are guys on every team doing it.  Just like sign stealing.

I hate to tell you this, but if you think the Astros are some uniquely evil entity, you've been sold a bunch of bullshit.

But, by all means, keep it up.  Some of our guys seem to feed off of it.

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I think you are way overthinking it, it's the fucking playoffs in the year 2021 when everyone is constantly talking about growing the game and making it more appealing to kids blah blah blah. 

I am an Astros fan who loves Correa, but that bias aside, I wouldn't have a strong aversion to what he did in that moment because it's the fucking playoffs and it's late in the game. Celebrate those moments, that's what the fans want. 

If this was Tatis Jr going deep, I would love it as a neutral fan watching on TV. 

And I am fucking old.

I get it - and I'm as biased as y'all are - I just thought the nature of it and the way he did it was kind of... shitty? 

I'm all for passion and celebration because it's great - but what he did seemed super cocky and frankly unwarranted for being at home in the first game of the series. 

There's like one Sox fan here so we can't really know how they feel but I'd guess they'd have some choice words about it.

Ultimately - and again - I love it because it adds to the atmosphere of the series - but if that's against my team I'm pissed. And I guess that's probably the point?

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Shit, if Tatis ever hits that big of a homer in a playoff game, there's an even money chance that he does a mashup of every NFL end zone celebration as he rounds the bases.

Oh whatever. Tatis is way cooler than fucking Correa. Y'all can have the rest you aren't slipping that one by me. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I get it - and I'm as biased as y'all are - I just thought the nature of it and the way he did it was kind of... shitty? 

I'm all for passion and celebration because it's great - but what he did seemed super cocky and frankly unwarranted for being at home in the first game of the series. 

There's like one Sox fan here so we can't really know how they feel but I'd guess they'd have some choice words about it.

Ultimately - and again - I love it because it adds to the atmosphere of the series - but if that's against my team I'm pissed. And I guess that's probably the point?

Am I that fan? I am not pissed. he is going to take a 95mph fast ball. They are big boys. They want to play the game this way, then it happens. Ortiz was a showboater. He took his hits on the thigh, back, etc. It is today's game. 

And yeah, if Tatis ever wins anything well I will show off my boobs. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Carlos will probably wear one in spring training for it.  I doubt they'll throw at him in this series because you can't have guys getting suspended.  But we'll see.

Dropping curveball off his cup. :)  

Astros fans forget, Cora was part of building both fans. He ran a good game tonight. Our relievers did well considering the firepower you bring. 

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There is no longer such thing as a “neutral observer” when it comes to the Astros 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

There is no longer such thing as a “neutral observer” when it comes to the Astros 

I was going to say something about you having a victim complex but I was just texting a Dodgers-fan, Carlsbad-raised buddy and he fucking hates the Astros so you may be right. 

Your take on this is absolutely terrible, no offense. Correa didn’t do that to taunt Boston, it wasn’t targeted at their team or the pitcher. It was a celebration with/for his teammates.

Staring down the pitcher with a ridiculous bat flip, sure, but this wasn’t that or being a dick.

Agree with @formermav43, they take shit all year long far more than most, and when they do great things they should be able to celebrate. A go ahead home run late in game 1 of ALCS at home in potentially his last season as an Astro seems like a good time to me. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Correa kind of looks like a penis.

Top SS in the game and stomping on paid for Yankee playoff records in the process. Let’s keep rewriting to record books!  

Credit Tx 3 Putt

MLB says it was also Correa’s 4th career go-ahead home run in the 7th inning or later in a postseason game. That’s most in postseason history.   

Correa also has 55 postseason RBIs,, the most among active players. 

The home run was Altuve’s 20th career postseason home run.  With that dinger, according to MLB Stats, Altuve became the fastest player in league history to get to 20 home runs.  He joins three others who have hit 20 or more postseason home runs -- Manny Ramirez (29), Bernie Williams (22) and Derek Jeter (20).

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Your take on this is absolutely terrible, no offense. Correa didn’t do that to taunt Boston, it wasn’t targeted at their team or the pitcher. It was a celebration with/for his teammates.

Staring down the pitcher with a ridiculous bat flip, sure, but this wasn’t that or being a dick.

Agree with @formermav43, they take shit all year long far more than most, and when they do great things they should be able to celebrate. A go ahead home run late in game 1 of ALCS at home in potentially his last season as an Astro seems like a good time to me. 

He did the watch thing last series after another playoff RBI clutch hit. Has nothing to do with two time caught sign stealing Red Sox and the mastermind of it all, the Sox manager. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

He did the watch thing last series after another playoff RBI clutch hit. Has nothing to do with two time caught sign stealing Red Sox and the mastermind of it all, the Sox manager. 

Yeah, but the virgin-white Red Sox and the pristine-pure Yankees never would've cheated if the Astros hadn't invented it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Exactly this. ^^^^^

You gotta love moments like this, players should too.

8 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

If he gets chin music in Fenway this is why. I do not agree with that, just saying. Oh, that was a gorgeous shot. Love how the pitcher is even say damn..... But who let the fuck on the right in Tennessee orange in? 

Does Tony Bitchass LaRussa manage Boston?  No.

The Sox have their laundry cart and rocking the baby. Correa wasn’tshowing them up either.  Did it in the previous series as a gesture towards the Houston dugout.

In my humble opinion, all of that shit is good for the game. Bitch ass crybabies like LaRussa are  not. Cora is also not a cunt.

8 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I don't think so. And I agree, I miss the put your head down and take the bases approach. But that does not get you on MLB Tonight. 

This is the baseball I miss. This is emotion. And IMHO, this is how you do it. Plus Scully. 

Correa has been booed relentlessly all season.

He can do what the fuck he wants, and people can sit there and take it like he has.

Fuck em.

Wha
Wha
Wha
Fuck off
  • Hook 'Em 2

I’m generally all for the traditional non-celebratory or subdued ways of MLB players. I’m an old and I value humility in people.

That said, the game has changed and the guys have become more outwardly celebratory over the last decade or so. As others have said, gesturing toward your own dugout is pretty much standard now. If CC had pimped his HR and stared down the pitcher, that would be bullshit. But that’s not what he did. He stood at home for too long for my taste, but it was an emotional moment and, again, he wasn’t taunting the opponent.

And yeah, Boston isn’t throwing at him in this series unless they are waaaay behind in a game and the series is pretty much decided. You don’t give away outs when the stakes are high just because you didn’t like a guy’s celebration. (And if BOS is way ahead and the series is close to being decided, they won’t care anymore anyway.)

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 1