NLCS- Dodgers v Braves

Sbbruin

24 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

why wouldn’t you play Taylor or Mookie in center and let Lux play one of the corner outfield spots?  

The "rationalization" is that with Lux being a middle infielder, he is used ot seeing balls off the bat up the middle better than tailing balls in either corner spot.  I get it.  Not sure I agree, but I don't think you put him in the outfield at all.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

That's brutal if you are a Braves fan.

Yep.  I realize they're up 2-1, but it just feels like all the momentum of the series has switched dugouts with that comeback.  Got a bad feeling the Braves will be down 3-2 when this series heads back east.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Atlanta sports are so cursed we're even rebooting the classics now. A chance to take a commanding series lead, but a relief pitcher giving up a home run on his secondary pitch and not his dominant out pitch is just Mark Wohlers vs Jim Leyritz in the 1996 World Series, but this time the dominant pitch was a slider and the pitch he gave up the home run on was a fastball. You have to appreciate the writers for at least adding a little bit of irony if we're just remaking the classics.

10 hours ago, Burt said:

Yep.  I realize they're up 2-1, but it just feels like all the momentum of the series has switched dugouts with that comeback.  Got a bad feeling the Braves will be down 3-2 when this series heads back east.

With a “bullpen game” today, it’s likely 2-2, but I think the Braves take game 5 with Fried, then have two chances at home.