NLCS- Dodgers v Braves

Sbbruin

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I know. That’s why I said I would have guessed they were +500 in Vegas before this game. Do you know what the actual number was. The guy who said 9-1 was quoting one of those fan nerd sites that does the probabilities and he’s said it was like 88/12 for Atlanta which is pretty much 9-1. Which, again, as I said, wasn’t a +900 obviously.  
Looked it up just now and saw +700 to win the WS. 

Nvm that is to win - so it is actually probably more like +400-+500 if Vegas thinks they'd be a slight dog in the WS. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Chuckie posted it above. +700 is to make the WS - not to win. Which seems right to me. 3-1 comebacks are still rare. 

No- that’s the remaining odds to win the World Series not make the World Series. I was on that same site and saw it while Chuckie was posting. Think about it- in no world is Boston  +1000 to make the WS while the Astros are +100 to make the World Series. That’s for winning it all. If Boston was +1000 to make the World Series the Astros would have to be corresponding -750 or something. If LA was +700 to make the World Series Atlanta would have to be something like -400. They wouldn’t be plus odds. Numbers don’t work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

No- that’s the remaining odds to win the World Series not make the World Series. I was on that same site and saw it while Chuckie was posting. Think about it- in no world is Boston  +1000 to make the WS while the Astros are +100 to make the World Series. That’s for winning it all. If Boston was +1000 to make the World Series the Astros would have to be corresponding -750 or something. If LA was +700 to make the World Series Atlanta would have to be something like -400. They wouldn’t be plus odds. Numbers don’t work. 

I know. See my edit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nvm that is to win - so it is actually probably more like +400-+500 if Vegas thinks they'd be a slight dog in the WS. 

I’d have to think they’d be -135 against houston and -180 against Boston. Maybe more since they are such a public team and LA is so close to Vegas

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’d have to think they’d be -135 against houston and -180 against Boston. Maybe more since they are such a public team and LA is so close to Vegas

They'd for sure be a dog against Houston. They wouldn't have home field. 

At least - that's my understanding of the rule for non-divison winners. But that may just be for the conference series.

Edited by ztejas

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

At least - that's my understanding of the rule for non-divison winners. But that may just be for the conference series.

Nope. They have home field against houston. It resets in WS to most wins regardless of division winner or wild card which doesn’t really make a ton of sense. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

*LCS

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Nope. They have home field against houston. It resets in WS to most wins regardless of division winner or wild card which doesn’t really make a ton of sense. 

Hah. The plot thickens. I bet they'd be about even against Houston. Which means their NLCS odds would have been about +350-400 I think. 

44 minutes ago, WBT said:

What the actual fuck is Roberts doing?  Graterol hits for himself with a runner on 2nd and 2 outs and then doesn't come out for the next inning anyway?

Unfortunately, LA will win this series despite that fucking idiot.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, A-Tex Devil said:

If the Astros can win one of next two; need the Braves to win. I can miracle work trips to Houston mid-week the next two weeks. But no way I can go Halloween weekend.  

Boston winning the next 3 would solve your problem, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Treinen is one of those guys who I watch and wonder how anyone even hits the ball against him.

And really wonder how he had that one bad season a couple years ago.  Only Dave Roberts could have fucked up their pitching in the first 4 games of this series.

Edited by kevwun