Yanny or Laurel?

Baboontyme

When I listened to the OP's clip, I heard Yanny and thought all of you who heard Laurel had ear cancer.  Then last night the guys on the TNT pregame show before Rockets/Warriors were listening to this and I heard nothing but Laurel, and now that's all I hear when I listen to the OP's clip again.  I'm clearly fapping too much.  Or not enough. 

On 5/16/2018 at 6:53 AM, Nole-4-Life said:

The wife and I listened to it together on my phone yesterday. I heard Yanny and she heard Laurel. Did it twice.

Same with us, but opposite. I’m Laurel 100%. And she asked me what I heard before saying either (didn’t read or hear about it yet). We were opposite on that dumb dress too. 

22 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

Humble brag?  Those with money hear Yanny, the poors hear Laurel.

I hear Yanny no matter how I listen to it.  I even tried this and hear Yanny no matter how I change the slider on laptop or desktop:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html#k=0.090

Just a tiny bit to the left and it changes entirely from "Yawwey" to a very clear "Laurel."  I can locate the exact spot on the spectrum, and the change in night and day.  This whole thing freaks me out.

Edited by 'stache

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Same with us, but opposite. I’m Laurel 100%. And she asked me what I heard before saying either (didn’t read or hear about it yet). We were opposite on that dumb dress too. 

Yeah...then about 11 a.m. the next day, all I could hear was Laurel and it's all I can hear now and I have no idea how I ever heard Yanny.

I heard nothing but Laurel on my iPhone until I put my Airpods in. Then I heard nothing but Yanni. What’s really weird is that when I went back to the iPhone speaker I heard Yanni for a few seconds and then it switched back to Laurel. Now I feel like I can hear both.

Very surreal.

This on you will hear either "green needle" or "brain storm"

Depending on what you're thinking.

I tried it with the first one and started it over thinking the second and it freaked me the fuck out.

Just tried again with "green storm" and "brain needle"

What in the actual fuck?

Edit: didn't see the earlier post.

Team both, depending on the audio source. iPad I heard one but on my tv another.  This happened multiple times so it’s probably base on the frequency of the device.  (Yes that’s probably obvious, but I’ve been driving and Surly surfing).  

I’m sitting on the shitter uncontrollably laughing because I heard both yanny and laurel, the brain storm really freaked me out and the john or james did me in my wife just walked in asking why I’m laughing so hard taking a dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 7:47 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Here's another one. Unlike Yanny, I can actually hear both, depending on which one I've primed myself to hear. 

I hear Brainstorm or Green Storm possibly, but don't hear Needle anywhere in there.

9 hours ago, bigcigar said:

James or John?

I hear vagina.

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2018 at 8:54 AM, Baboontyme said:

Probably posted earlier - don't care. The slider below finally helped me hear yanny. Its funny though. If I slide it gradually I have to get damn near off the timeline to the right before I can hear it. But if I jump to say the 2nd tick to the right from the center, I can hear yanny right away. Still, forever and always #TeamLaurel and #TeamWinona

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html#k=0.090

I had to slide it one tic from the right to finally NOT hear Laurel, but it was more like Yarry than Yanny.

Thanks for posting that. Pretty cool.

Edited by DoobieWah
Thai Po

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Got my wife with this last night

"I keep hearing penis...how do you get a j sound out of that "

Me: wtf? I hear james as do most of the people in the comments.

Hopefully you capitalized and told her it must be her subconscious telling her something