Yanny or Laurel?

Baboontyme

2 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

They played it on the news this morning and I heard one (yanni I think) and my wife turned on the blender while they were repeating it and i heard the other while the blender was running.

When she turns on the blender do you piss yourself and forget who you are for a half hour or so?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:
Both my kids and wife hear yanni.  They are all fucked in the head.  All I hear is
laurel.jpg

You keep hearing the sheriff is near?

You need a hardy slap to the head....  know yer phrasing sir, know yer phrasing or is intentional obtuseness the game.....

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Yanny" on studio monitors.

"Laurel" on cheap earbuds.

Humble brag?  Those with money hear Yanny, the poors hear Laurel.

I hear Yanny no matter how I listen to it.  I even tried this and hear Yanny no matter how I change the slider on laptop or desktop:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html#k=0.090

2 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

I hear Yanny no matter how I listen to it.  I even tried this and hear Yanny no matter how I change the slider on laptop or desktop:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html#k=0.090

Finally after going  to the nytimes site and sliding it way to the left (cancelling out the high frequencies) did I hear the laurel, but still underneath the yanni.  I hear them both now, now that i know what I'm supposed to be listening for, but still yanni on top.

2 hours ago, ulukinatme said:

I love how 3 journalists had to write that article

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I hear Yanny because that's what it is and anybody who says it isn't is a lying liar possessed by demons.

Do you like those shows where the guy in the mask reveals how the magic tricks are done? Me either.

It's Yanny

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1

It’s Laurel. The creator admitted it.
This goes back to what I was saying earlier. Anyone who didn't say Laurel was full of shit and looking for attention. They heard it clearly being Laurel but went with the other option for the sake of going against the grain. And then being fucking lame by saying it was because of their great hearing and superior speakers and headphones lmao.

Dumb assess.

On 5/16/2018 at 12:21 AM, Celery Man said:

Sounds like “yarry” at first, but if I focus on the lower frequencies I can clearly hear Laurel. Couldn’t hear it in a way that was Yanni.

This is what I heard.  I also heard it before knowing what I was choosing between, so I had no prior bias.  If I remember correctly, you are a musician so this actually makes more sense to me because your ears, much like mine, are much more sensitive to tone than the average human.

It's almost as if your age and other factors determine how well you can hear certain pitches and frequencies!!! This kind of shit pisses me off because it reminds me how uneducated people are wrt to basic science (not necessarily here but all over social media for sure).

Ignore the stupid Aggy hat,

The nerd video explains it. Pitch changes on different devices I guess and people hear the pitch different. I heard no L sound in real time at first, just a y (more like yarry than yanny) but I heard the laurel at the higher pitch. Went back to the original and heard just regular laurel. Just fucking weird but I guess it’s science.

Probably posted earlier - don't care. The slider below finally helped me hear yanny. Its funny though. If I slide it gradually I have to get damn near off the timeline to the right before I can hear it. But if I jump to say the 2nd tick to the right from the center, I can hear yanny right away. Still, forever and always #TeamLaurel and #TeamWinona