[BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Rolovich attended Catholic schools growing up, so if he claimed that was his religion, it was a nonstarter, as the Pope said everybody should get vaxxed.  What a dumbass.

Also gotta prove they don’t use things like Tylenol 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yeah I don't think COVID will get him but maybe a gun in the mouth as the idiotic choices he's made come crashing down on him.

Hope it doesn't happen, though, because it's awful when it does.

If he was a movie producer or musician being paid $3mm for their next project and they walked away when the label/studio mandated a vaccine, it'd be one thing.  But he's a football coach.  Every fiber of his being is team.  team.  team.  Everything is done for the good of the program.  Every sacrifice, every early morning, every late night, everything done to gain a slight edge and lift up your teammates/staff/program/university. 

That's what makes this so fucked up.  It's not just the money he's walking away from, it's that he's going to be the highest paid and most well-known walking paradox in North America.  For the rest of his career, he's the coach who actually doesn't really believe in the team or in the program if it's inconvenient for him to do so.  He's the guy who walked away from millions and screwed over his staff and his program and his university.  A handful of stupid people will consider that brave.  But after a few months of cable news appearances and church revivals...somebody needs to keep an eye on this guy because he doesn't yet know the weight of shame and regret and depression that's gonna slowly eek into his life in a few months.  Hopefully he doesn't do anything rash with four children in the world, but I get the impression this guy may not have thought all this through.

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

So many things I want to say about this but my opinion is likely unpopular.

His mind is great and he’s otherwise healthy. I’m not an oncologist and probably agree with (most) of what you’re not saying. This guy can live several good years with that diagnosis. 

Or he can catch covid when his immune system is suppressed and die

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

If he was a movie producer or musician being paid $3mm for their next project and they walked away when the label/studio mandated a vaccine, it'd be one thing.  But he's a football coach.  Every fiber of his being is team.  team.  team.  Everything is done for the good of the program.  Every sacrifice, every early morning, every late night, everything done to gain a slight edge and lift up your teammates/staff/program/university. 

That's what makes this so fucked up.  It's not just the money he's walking away from, it's that he's going to be the highest paid and most well-known walking paradox in North America.  For the rest of his career, he's the coach who actually doesn't really believe in the team or in the program if it's inconvenient for him to do so.  He's the guy who walked away from millions and screwed over his staff and his program and his university.  A handful of stupid people will consider that brave.  But after a few months of cable news appearances and church revivals...somebody needs to keep an eye on this guy because he doesn't yet know the weight of shame and regret and depression that's gonna slowly eek into his life in a few months.  Hopefully he doesn't do anything rash with four children in the world, but I get the impression this guy may not have thought all this through.

I mean that's not really what is fucked up, there are plenty of unvaxxed coaches stop being naive. The problem is that he is a state employee and the state mandated vaccines.

• Like 2

True.  I'm saying he's now the most famous of any of 'em though.  By far.  Because he was actually shitcanned.  That title he wears to proudly right now, the shine will wear off.  And he will be all alone with an awful lot of shame around his neck.  

Just now, Lobo said:

True.  I'm saying he's now the most famous of any of 'em though.  By far.  Because he was actually shitcanned.  That title he wears to proudly right now, the shine will wear off.  And he will be all alone with an awful lot of shame around his neck.  

probably not.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That’s not his religion.

What is it, then?  According to this article from a nearby paper he grew up Catholic:

https://lmtribune.com/sports/rolovich-confirms-he-s-seeking-religious-exemption/article_e9d0ad67-da5d-57cc-8dc8-6f61ec67d9e3.html#:~:text=Rolovich comes from a Catholic background and attended,said%2C “You think it’s been a fun time%3F

Rolovich comes from a Catholic background and attended Marin County Catholic High School in the California Bay Area.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

What is it, then?  According to this article from a nearby paper he grew up Catholic:

https://lmtribune.com/sports/rolovich-confirms-he-s-seeking-religious-exemption/article_e9d0ad67-da5d-57cc-8dc8-6f61ec67d9e3.html#:~:text=Rolovich comes from a Catholic background and attended,said%2C “You think it’s been a fun time%3F

Rolovich comes from a Catholic background and attended Marin County Catholic High School in the California Bay Area.

I shouldn’t answer that on this board.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Feel badly for his assistants if they got vaxxed. Fucker cost them their jobs. But, hey, it's his freedom.

Never mind, see they fired his unvaxxed assistants. The vaxxed ones will still be looking for jobs next season.

From my understanding, only the uvaxxed assistants were fired.  Early accounts are that there were 4 assistants who got canned.  They need the rest of the staff to coach the team Saturday vs. BYU!

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

9 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Gonna have a hard time playing the "But I'm devout Catholic" bit considering he's the coach who invites Tarot Card readers to the practice facility every few months to read the players their fate/fortunes.  Neither is my business, just saying don't count on people hearing out your religious exemption plea when you got carnival workers dispensing spiritual advice to the young men who look to you for moral guidance.  

Just now, Deej said:

Show your work.

Both my wife and I were fully vaccinated her pfizer and me Moderna. Come into contact with someone who had it pre symptom and we both caught it. Tested positive with light symptoms.

Would we probably have had more severe symptoms if we hadn't been vaxed. Sure.

But saying you won't get it if your vaxed is just flat out wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

From my understanding, only the uvaxxed assistants were fired.  Early accounts are that there were 4 assistants who got canned.  They need the rest of the staff to coach the team!

Right but his point is those guys are eventually out of a job when the next head coach takes over in January. Doubtful he keeps the old staff unless they're really good. All because the head coach is an f'ing douchebag. But hey, he stood on his principles no matter what it did to the others under him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Bigjohns97 said:

Both my wife and I were fully vaccinated her pfizer and me Moderna. Come into contact with someone who had it pre symptom and we both caught it. Tested positive with light symptoms.

Would we probably have had more severe symptoms if we hadn't been vaxed. Sure.

But saying you won't get it if your vaxed is just flat out wrong.

No, I said you are less likely to spread it. Funny how the less vaccinated states were taking the biggest hits during the Delta surge. Why might that be?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Bigjohns97 said:

Cool, my misunderstanding.

It's all good. I also believe those less likely to be vaxxed are probably less careful. It's a lot of moving parts, but being vaxxed is more likely to save you than not being vaxxed. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3

Also, no CR but it would appear that even with all the moving parts...being vaxxed is more likely to save your job as a State of Washington employee than not being vaxxed.

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

It's all good. I also believe this e less likely to be vaxxed are probably less careful. It's a lot of moving parts, but being vaxxed is more likely to save you than not being vaxxed. 

We can agree there, the one thing that really fucked me up was having a 9 month old daughter who can't get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Liberty is possible but unless there's some underlying health issue he's at virtually no risk of dying from Covid complications which I'm sure is a bummer to most of the respondents I'm this thread.

Yeah, he could easily pass it on to someone who is.  So we will proceed making fun of the dumb motherfucker.  His brother is named Billy Ray so I do feel bad for his ass...probably never had a chance with those jeans. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Bigjohns97 said:

I did read the article, it's misleading as fuck.

welcome to 2021.  If only this Coach's contract were as obscure, he'd have a legal leg to stand on.

"Yes, but you see A.D. Johnson...if you take into account the studies from Israel and read page 7 of my contract and consider my religious freedoms.  Also vis a vis the lack of time to study the vaccine whereas the myriad codicils of my state agreement for forced vaccinations given the current political milieu..."

A.D. Johnson, "Dude, you're fired.  We've been having this discussion every other day for 8 months.  Get your shit, you're fired.  Go ahead and sue the state of Washington, good luck with that."  

3 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I don't understand the haters.  (I'm vaxxed btw) but the dude stood by his convictions and lost his job.  Ok.  Why the fuck him this and that.  It doesn't make sense to me.  

His "convictions" just fucked over his whole program for at least the rest of the season, maybe longer.  
When a coach fucks over his football program because of his own internal bullshit, fans lash out.  In fact that's kinda the central theme of Surly for the last 11 years...you new here or something?  

• immamac changed the title to [BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only