[BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Almost every job requires you to have certain vaccinations.  Because vaccinations are for the greater good for society as a whole.  So your convictions don't mean shit.  It's a free world.  They can fire him just like he can choose not to get the vaccine.  What's the problem here?  

I don't have a problem with it.  His employer says you have to.  He didn't want to.  They walk away.  Everything else is moot.  I just don't get the hate.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I don't understand the haters.  (I'm vaxxed btw) but the dude stood by his convictions and lost his job.  Ok.  Why the fuck him this and that.  It doesn't make sense to me.  

Yea, I'm thinking he probably didn't really want this job anyways and maybe wanted to do something else. At least that makes sense to me why you would leave and not just get vaxxed. Either that or he is mentally ill and really truly thinks that remaining unvaxxed is worth more than $20-25mm or whatever the rest of his lifetime earnings would reasonably be.

4 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I don't have a problem with it.  His employer says you have to.  He didn't want to.  They walk away.  Everything else is moot.  I just don't get the hate.

I think people are hating on his selfishness as THE leader of the Wazzu football program.  Leaving without addressing his team would seem to indicate he's all about himself, a Bobby Petrino, Jr. if you will.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Who hates him?  Seems everyone is laughing at him.  I have no problem laughing at his ass.  I laugh at all kinds of shit I shouldn't...this doesn't even get to that level.  He deserves to be laughed at.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Several years ago I had to manage a former college basketball coach who was fired for not adhering to societal norms (that is putting it kindly, and I’m not going to dox him by giving details). It wasn’t criminal.  Not a D1 guy, but he was apparently considered an up and comer at the time.  Career ender.  Just googled him and he’s still not coaching anywhere.  This will have the same result.

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Several years ago I had to manage a former college basketball coach who was fired for not adhering to societal norms (that is putting it kindly, and I’m not going to dox him by giving details). It wasn’t criminal.  Not a D1 guy, but he was apparently considered an up and comer at the time.  Career ender.  Just googled him and he’s still not coaching anywhere.  This will have the same result.

Nah, Rolovich is actually pretty talented as a football coach.  He'll land somewhere.  He's still a shit for crashing the Wazzu football program.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

You need to shut the fuck up and move on or you are going to get banned. I'm not going to sit here and let you just spout random bullshit. It's okay to be skeptical, it's okay to defend other people that are skeptical. What you are doing crosses that line. 

See above

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 11

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

What Rona conversation? He was aware of his situation, made a personal decision that he's 100% entitled to make, and is now dealing with the consequences, none of which will put him in jail or give him a criminal record. Sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

fucked around and found out

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

This thread needs to get back on track. This is the football board, not daily texan, not cloak room. If you want to defend the wazzu coaches that's fine, but pushing additional narrative outside of they were within their rights to make their own choice gets you a vacation. No one gives a fuck about your stupid news opinions related to the pandemic. This is football news, and big football news. It's devastating for these kids and the program and could have a ripple effect because it's a decent job that opened up.

• Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to Washington St fires HC and assistants - READ THROUGH PAGE 4 BEFORE SUBMITTING POSTS

The State of Washington had no choice.  Lay down a rule and then and make an exception for the highest paid employee in the organization?  What kind of message does that send?  I know they say that the evaluation of exemptions was done 'in the blind' but that seems rather disingenuous.  I don't understand how Rolovich could not see this coming.  Well, other than the obvious explanation.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

This thread needs to get back on track. This is the football board, not daily texan, not cloak room. If you want to defend the wazzu coaches that's fine, but pushing additional narrative outside of they were within their rights to make their own choice gets you a vacation. No one gives a fuck about your stupid news opinions related to the pandemic. This is football news, and big football news. It's devastating for these kids and the program and could have a ripple effect because it's a decent job that opened up.

shit i hope we dont lose our corches

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Ego Nwodim Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Since I used to give tours in the Catedral Metropolitana de Buenos Aires back when Pope Francis (a.k.a. "El Papa Francisco") was still known as "Jorge Bergoglio", the Archbishop of Buenos Aires...

...AND...

...I've been Argentine since the middle of 2013...

...I consider myself an authority on this matter.

Pope Pancho* is okay with either.

*NOTE: "Pancho" is a nickname for people named "Francisco"

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

The 35-44 age group make up 17,292 or 2.5%. Of that 17,292 a significant amount had underlying health issues. So like I said unless those health issues exist he's at virtually no risk of dying from Covid.

Death isn’t the only negative consequence of contracting Covid (for him or anyone that catches it from him), but I’m sure you already knew that 

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Here’s a football point. It’s Washington State a team that outside of one year with Ryan Leaf in the 90s can’t sniff winning the shittiest or second shittiest P5 conference in the country. So while it sucks for their players who gives a football fuck. 

Jeff Banks may want to get a 3x raise - extremely relevant for us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Jeff Banks may want to get a 3x raise - extremely relevant for us.

Well so far our tight ends don’t do shit and our special teams have been net neutral to slightly negative so oh well.  I understand the recruiting ties but unless somebody tells me he is about to reel in 3-4 studs for O or D line again…oh well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Here’s a football point. It’s Washington State a team that outside of one year with Ryan Leaf in the 90s can’t sniff winning the shittiest or second shittiest P5 conference in the country. So while it sucks for their players who gives a football fuck. 

Because only, like, 20 or so teams in the country have realistic aspirations of competing for P5 conference championships on a regular basis (I know, I know, setting myself up here). 

I know it's foreign territory around here, but college fans can still enjoy their teams even knowing that they'll likely never play in a National Championship. And before Mike Price decided that we really, really liked Tuscaloosa hookers, Washington State was a really fun program with passionate fans. Then, as soon as Leach made them somewhat relevant again, he bolts for Mississippi.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Because only, like, 20 or so teams in the country have realistic aspirations of competing for P5 conference championships on a regular basis (I know, I know, setting myself up here). 

I know it's foreign territory around here, but college fans can still enjoy their teams even knowing that they'll likely never play in a National Championship. And before Mike Price decided that we really, really liked Tuscaloosa hookers, Washington State was a really fun program with passionate fans. Then, as soon as Leach made them somewhat relevant again, he bolts for Mississippi.

All fair and you’d have a point if this was a WSU or even rival Pac 12 board.  

I’d argue that Imma is right this is the football board but I’d also argue that there are no real football points to be made unless we are going to routinely start discussing Missouri, NC State, etc. So just move this to CR and give the regular gun runners there the next street battle they are looking for. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well so far our tight ends don’t do shit and our special teams have been net neutral to slightly negative so oh well.  I understand the recruiting ties but unless somebody tells me he is about to reel in 3-4 studs for O or D line again…oh well. 

Our TE’s have sucked because our TEs suck, and outside of the OU game with a fumble, individual bad decisions to return a kick and Dicker mishandling a punt out special teams have been just fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well so far our (tight) "Burnt ends" don’t do shit have yet to be featured as much as Surly would like and our special teams have been net neutral to slightly negative so oh well.  I understand the recruiting ties but unless somebody tells me he is about to reel in 3-4 studs for O or D line again…oh well. 

fify

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

fify

Nope. Our TE’s suck. Brewer blocks ok. Wiley is turrible. What the hell’s a Liebrock? Davis, Helm and Sanders are TBD. 

We’ve got one guy who might see minutes for anyone not named KU in this conference. The youngsters need more time in the oven. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

12 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Our TE’s have sucked because our TEs suck, and outside of the OU game with a fumble, individual bad decisions to return a kick and Dicker mishandling a punt out special teams have been just fine. 

We rank 120th in kickoff return defense. We would be 121st but we manage to sneak right in ahead of UNLV and tied San Diego State. 

We are 5th in net punting. 

So like I said kind of net neutral

Edited by Surly Bevo

I got the shot, so did my kids.  I think it is pretty dumb not to get it.  But people celebrating someone getting fired for making a personal medical decision they disagree with is crazy.  Celebrating the government having the final say in what a person does with their own body is nuts.  And the community contract bullshit is laughable.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 34

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

We rank 120th in kickoff return defense. We would be 121st but we manage to sneak right in ahead of UNLV and tied San Diego State. 

T5 Blocked kicks

T8 Blocked punts

5    Net punting 

13 Punt return defense

71 Kickoff returns

120 KO return defense  

I don’t recall our KO return defense being bad outside of the TCU opener, and our return game is somewhat effected by guys making bad and or desperate decisions to bring out kicks 7 yards deep when we’re losing. 

Pretty damn acceptable everywhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to [BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only