[BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, Bigjohns97 said:

Both my wife and I were fully vaccinated her pfizer and me Moderna. Come into contact with someone who had it pre symptom and we both caught it. Tested positive with light symptoms.

Would we probably have had more severe symptoms if we hadn't been vaxed. Sure.

But saying you won't get it if your vaxed is just flat out wrong.

Nobody is saying that. But there's a really, really good chance that it'll keep you out of the hospital and/or the morgue.

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Yea, I'm thinking he probably didn't really want this job anyways and maybe wanted to do something else. At least that makes sense to me why you would leave and not just get vaxxed. Either that or he is mentally ill and really truly thinks that remaining unvaxxed is worth more than $20-25mm or whatever the rest of his lifetime earnings would reasonably be.

Did I miss something? I thought you were crowd-sourced over the weekend.

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Those breakthroughs don't seem to be very rare in some countries. England is reporting more deaths among vaccinated than unvaccinated. Singapore is exploding with cases and most of the country is vaccinated. New York now has more than double Florida's rate of Covid cases per 100K. Vermont is reporting most of their deaths in the month of September are vaccinated people. Rhode Island's breakthrough hospitalizations and mortality rate exceeded unvaccinated in September. 

Considering the short timeline the vaccines have been available and the data that coming out globally I don't think you can make that statement with any real certainty.

no-points-idiotic.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, hornian said:

Yeah; I’m sure the whole state of Washington would agree to change their law for the Coogs if they were undefeated. 

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Hey! Don’t be an asshole. I never said change the law. In fact I didn’t state  any potential outcome.
I merely suggested that if the guy was 7-0 rather than 4-3 it would be a different conversation. 

Both my wife and I were fully vaccinated her pfizer and me Moderna. Come into contact with someone who had it pre symptom and we both caught it. Tested positive with light symptoms.

It would be much easier to dispell that notion if the President of the United States hadnt gone on camera and said that very thing ("you can't get covid if you've been vaccinated")...iirc he repeated it just in case nobody heard it the first time. If anyone thinks he misspoke or didnt know what he was saying at the time, thats an even bigger issue, but a discussion for another thread. But at the same time, anyone who thumbs their nose at people for believing false info about covid obviously haven't been paying attention to all the conflicting/ever changing info, mixed messages etc being put out there by the most visible/influential people since this whole thing started.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That’s fucking cute.  Go fuck yourself you fucking troll.

Did you honestly think I was a Russian troll?  I couldn't tell if you were joking or if you should stay off the internet for a few months.  They say social media is very dangerous for some people's mental wellbeing.   Really bad for teenage girls, so be careful.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 23

2 minutes ago, Noog said:

Did you honestly think I was a Russian troll?  I couldn't tell if you were joking or if you should stay off the internet for a few months.  They say social media is very dangerous for some people's mental wellbeing.   Really bad for teenage girls, so be careful.

Very cute you miserable cunt.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Noog said:

Really, this is what you are coming here with?

• Haha 2

Meh, mods will have more than just his bullshit to sift thru in the morning.  

Hypothetocal—-you’re a player in a state where state employees are mandated to be vaccinated.  The scholarship doesn’t count but could the ncaa approved stipend or even a separate NIL agreement with your athletic department—-could that be construed as being an employee for vaccination purpose?   

I think his AD should give him and the other three coaches one chance tomorrow to address the team and their bitch ass move for leaving them in this dilemma half way thru the season.  After that, sever all communications, and hope the program can move on.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Meh, mods will have more than just his bullshit to sift thru in the morning.  

Hypothetocal—-you’re a player in a state where state employees are mandated to be vaccinated.  The scholarship doesn’t count but could the ncaa approved stipend or even a separate NIL agreement with your athletic department—-could that be construed as being an employee for vaccination purpose?   

I think his AD should give him and the other three coaches one chance tomorrow to address the team and their bitch ass move for leaving them in this dilemma half way thru the season.  After that, sever all communications, and hope the program can move on.  

They have had how many months to address the team before this day of this issue that they have known about. The fact that he bailed after his confirmation with Pat Chun speaks volumes of who he is. He didn't give a shit about them at the end, this is another Tommy Tuberville climbing out the window bullshit of a human being claiming to lead a bunch of young men. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Noog said:

I took the shot and recommended others do as well.  So fuck you.

You realize the people whose noses you are rubbing in shit will be in charge again someday?  Probably in about 3 years. A lot of us who hated Trump are starting to forget why he was so bad when compared to lunatic leftists. 

wtf-christian-bale.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

As much as I fucking despise Bama even Saban gets it. Instead Rolo let all of his Q beliefs infect his decision making.

Saban is smart and ruthlessly self interested. I truly mean that, might not could be a Fields Medal winner but he’d be a success in almost anything he chose to do.

Lots of football coaches are meatheads. Even good ones. That’s one reason why Saban is able to dominate this profession like he does. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Saban is smart and ruthlessly self interested. I truly mean that, might not could be a Fields Medal winner but he’d be a success in almost anything he chose to do.

Lots of football coaches are meatheads. Even good ones. That’s one reason why Saban is able to dominate this profession like he does. 

This is exactly where these dumbasses need to be dropped off a cliff. If you can't see something this obvious, then you have no hope for leading 80+ 18-23 year old young men in the direction that they deserve. This is only to selfserve your own stupid ideology. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Here’s a football point. It’s Washington State a team that outside of one year with Ryan Leaf in the 90s can’t sniff winning the shittiest or second shittiest P5 conference in the country. So while it sucks for their players who gives a football fuck. 

Ryan Leaf will be WSU's next coach.... he's had lots of shots...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Here’s a football point. It’s Washington State a team that outside of one year with Ryan Leaf in the 90s can’t sniff winning the shittiest or second shittiest P5 conference in the country. So while it sucks for their players who gives a football fuck. 

I mean, they did win in ‘02 before Carroll took over the Pac.   

6 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Hey! Don’t be an asshole. I never said change the law. In fact I didn’t state  any potential outcome.
I merely suggested that if the guy was 7-0 rather than 4-3 it would be a different conversation. 

Don’t be an asshole? Do you know where you are?

This has nothing to do with W and L, it is a state law and he’s a state employee. Don’t be so myopic. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

We rank 120th in kickoff return defense. We would be 121st but we manage to sneak right in ahead of UNLV and tied San Diego State. 

We are 5th in net punting. 

So like I said kind of net neutral

Texas is the #16 FEI Special Teams team and #23 SP+ ST

underlying rankings in FEI ST

• ranked #53 in Kick Return efficiency
  • #81 in kickoff efficiency
  • #13 in punt return efficiency
  • #6 in punt efficiency
  • #40 in Field Goal efficiency
  • #100 in opponent FGE

Special teams ratings (STR) combine kickoff return, kickoff, punt return, punt, field goal, and opponent field goal efficiency into one overall rating, represented as the team's standard deviation above or below average. Kickoff return efficiency (KRE) is scoring value gained or lost per kickoff return. Kickoff efficiency (KE) is scoring value gained or lost per opponent kickoff return. Punt return efficiency (PRE) is scoring value gained or lost per punt return. Punt efficiency (PE) is scoring value gained or lost per opponent punt return. Field goal efficiency (FGE) and opponent field goal efficiency (OFG) is scoring value gained or lost per field goal attempt.

9 minutes ago, hornian said:

Don’t be an asshole? Do you know where you are?

This has nothing to do with W and L, it is a state law and he’s a state employee. Don’t be so myopic. 

That’s cute.

There is a zero percent chance a top 10 ranked undefeated coach at WSU or especially UW doesn’t get some miraculous exemption.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Genco said:

"I got vaccinated but..." is the new "I am the father of daughters" or "I have many black friends"

And "I didn't vote for T**** but..."

I see where people think you shouldn't be told you have to do something to work somewhere but it happens all the time. Can't be employed as a doctor without a medical degree and license. Can't be a lawyer without passing the BAR. Can't be a teacher without passing a test and being licensed. Can't do many jobs without a college degree. Wherever people get a wild hair up their red ass about something they just like to act like we have all these freedoms that we don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

That’s cute.

There is a zero percent chance a top 10 ranked undefeated coach at WSU or especially UW doesn’t get some miraculous exemption.  

In the State of Washington? Having grown up there, I can say pretty confidently that you'd be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

That’s cute.

There's a zero percent chance someone competent enough to have their team undefeated would even be in this situation.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 9

7 hours ago, ousux said:
10 hours ago, Bigjohns97 said:

It would be much easier to dispell that notion if the President of the United States hadnt gone on camera and said that very thing ("you can't get covid if you've been vaccinated")...iirc he repeated it just in case nobody heard it the first time. If anyone thinks he misspoke or didnt know what he was saying at the time, thats an even bigger issue, but a discussion for another thread. But at the same time, anyone who thumbs their nose at people for believing false info about covid obviously haven't been paying attention to all the conflicting/ever changing info, mixed messages etc being put out there by the most visible/influential people since this whole thing started.

Just look at the posts in this thread, there was a link to some website where they were suggesting that like 97% of people who got COVID were unvaccinated or something like that.

I just don't believe those numbers, but again I am sure they are doing everything they can to get as many people vaxxed as possible, it's just these little white lies make people question everything.

• Fuck You 8

• immamac changed the title to [BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only