NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32592504/penny-sarver-wife-robert-sarver-sent-messages-three-former-phoenix-suns-employees

Not sure if this was already posted but there's more on the Sarver stuff. Now his wife is texting former employees in the middle of the investigation and this is fucked up:

"This is Penny Sarver," one message began. "I know a lot of bridges were burned between you and Robert and you are very bitter. I want to remind you that real lives are at stake here."

Later, the message added, "Please put your hatred aside and realize the hurt you are causing by spreading lies and fabrications. Is your time in the spotlight that important? If something happens to one of my children, I will hold you and Earl Watson personally responsible. Think about your own child for a second and imagine the tables turned."

I can't believe how clueless the Sarvers are. Well, maybe I can.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32592504/penny-sarver-wife-robert-sarver-sent-messages-three-former-phoenix-suns-employees

Not sure if this was already posted but there's more on the Sarver stuff. Now his wife is texting former employees in the middle of the investigation and this is fucked up:

Yeah, I have no idea how she thought that was going to help things.   

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Cardi B Popcorn GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

There's a brief clip of it in there, but my favorite was Tree Rollins vs. Danny Ainge. The best part was that Tree bit him in the middle of all that. 

Tree is one of my old favorites and he used to play for my team (Orlando Magic)!

I screen captured this Simpsons Halloween special earlier this year from an episode about trees going wild and taking over the planet.

Speaking of the Magic, they got a little lucky and beat the Utah Jazz a few days ago, despite having the youngest starting lineup in the NBA.

Can they beat another great team again tonight at 6PM CST when Mo Bamba of the Orlando Magic battles it out vs. Keven Durant of the New Jersey Nets?!!

hook'em!

image.thumb.png.e8e5103efe38dc9358d12031d42d7cd6.png

2 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Can they beat another great team again tonight at 6PM CST when Mo Bamba of the Orlando Magic battles it out vs. Keven Durant of the New Jersey Nets?!!

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

FB_IMG_1636584773825.jpg

Harden has had like 2.5 good games on the season. That isn't a very ringing endorsement of Russ.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Speaking of the Magic, they got a little lucky and beat the Utah Jazz a few days ago, despite having the youngest starting lineup in the NBA.

hook'em!

image.thumb.png.e8e5103efe38dc9358d12031d42d7cd6.png

edit?!?
+Lamarcus Aldridge who has four 3's in the second quarter

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I haven't really watched the Wizards - can someone key me in on who the fuck is winning these games for them? Beal really hasn't been very good so far this year. 

Well tonight, nobody was hitting their shots for the Wiz all night except Kyle fucking Kuzma.

So Cavs up 93-89 with less than a minute to go...guess who the Cavs left not once but twice for wide ass open 3s?

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Well tonight, nobody was hitting their shots for the Wiz all night except Kyle fucking Kuzma.

So Cavs up 93-89 with less than a minute to go...guess who the Cavs left not once but twice for wide ass open 3s?

...Kyle Kuma?

Also think it's funny they are immediately better with KCP and Kuz instead of Westbrook. Although no way they are as good as their record so far. But they should at least make a play in. 

Just now, ztejas said:

...Kyle Kuma?

Also think it's funny they are immediately better with KCP and Kuz instead of Westbrook. Although no way they are as good as their record so far. But they should at least make a play in. 

Don't sleep on the Wiz - they are solid defensively and Bryant and Rui haven't even played yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Don't sleep on the Wiz - they are solid defensively and Bryant and Rui haven't even played yet.

KCP is an underrated piece. Feel he does a lot of stuff that doesn't show up on the stat sheet like perimeter D and floor spacing. 

Okie City openly tanking and they're on a three game win streak after beating the shitty ass Pelicans.  Sure, Zion is hurt but they're 1-11 now.  He's in his third year and they really should have better pieces around him at this point, especially considering what they got for AD.  Zion, while fat, will leave after this year.  Question is who will be risky enough to give his fat ass a long term contract?

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Okie City openly tanking and they're on a three game win streak after beating the shitty ass Pelicans.  Sure, Zion is hurt but they're 1-11 now.  He's in his third year and they really should have better pieces around him at this point, especially considering what they got for AD.  Zion, while fat, will leave after this year.  Question is who will be risky enough to give his fat ass a long term contract?

The pieces around him aren't that bad but they aren't very deep and can't afford to have both Zion and Ingram out who's only played 6 games. 

Their organization is sort of a dumpster fire but if you want to blame someone I'd start with the dude that doesn't want to stay in shape or take the offseason seriously. 

Crazy that Herro is their closer after how bad he was last year (granted Jimmy got hurt earlier tonight). Really nice rebound to start this year. 

Just checked - I guess he wasn't that bad last year but very underwhelming. 

Edited by ztejas

I want to see Jalen Green and Gary Payton Jr in the dunk contest this year. along with Ja, and at least three other truly elite dunkers. man i wish the NBA would just make a few simply changes and revive the dunk contest. athletes are too freaky for it to be so lame. get rid of the props, get rid of teammates, get rid of the insanely stupid 7-10 scoring system (should be 0-10 with decimals), get the best dunkers, make the prize money worth it, and boom- All Star Weekend just got even better.

4 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

The Pels are now 10 games below .500.  It's time to blow it up.  

Blowing it up is how they got here.  What makes anyone think that they'll get it right if they blow it up again?

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

The pieces around him aren't that bad but they aren't very deep and can't afford to have both Zion and Ingram out who's only played 6 games. 

Their organization is sort of a dumpster fire but if you want to blame someone I'd start with the dude that doesn't want to stay in shape or take the offseason seriously. 

They were badly run before he got there, they're badly run now, and they'll be badly run after he leaves.  What will be interesting is which teams gives his fat ass a $150M deal.  (Likely the Knicks or the Hawks.)  He's going to have injury problems his entire career but someone will get locked into that.

47 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Blowing up the Pels = cleaning house in the front office. Then getting Zion back on the court before trading him. Then see if you can pick up a 2nd for Jax and then get rid of anyone besides Ingram who has a multi year deal

They're 2 years in with their current administration.  I mean clearing house every couple of years is probably bad strategy.  Zion being injury prone makes it difficult to really judge how far away they are and Ingram's been out the last 6-7 games with some sort of mysterious hip injury.  Griffin has some skins on the wall (yes with Lebron), but not sure you can really assess how good...... or bad he and Langdon have been.

New Orleans seems like a really difficult place to build a champion in basketball.  Most success they've had was when CP3 was a youngster.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They're 2 years in with their current administration.  I mean clearing house every couple of years is probably bad strategy.  Zion being injury prone makes it difficult to really judge how far away they are and Ingram's been out the last 6-7 games with some sort of mysterious hip injury.  Griffin has some skins on the wall (yes with Lebron), but not sure you can really assess how good...... or bad he and Langdon have been.

New Orleans seems like a really difficult place to build a champion in basketball.  Most success they've had was when CP3 was a youngster.

The main problem is they took ZIon's bluff way too seriously and then ruined their team building plan in the process. There was no need to hasten their plan just because Zion and his fat, injury prone ass threatened to give up 40 to 50 million dollars and not take his rookie extension. All that talk of him saying no to the extension was and is complete and utter nonsense. If the rumors were true and he and his family were really making noise about getting out of dodge I would've told them to "do what yall gotta do" while simultaneously opening up a briefcase full of over 200+ million dollars. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Blowing up the Pels = cleaning house in the front office. Then getting Zion back on the court before trading him. Then see if you can pick up a 2nd for Jax and then get rid of anyone besides Ingram who has a multi year deal

Love, Okoro, and Sexton to the Pelicans for Ingram and Satoransky.  Make it so.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yganudmo

20 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It's a small, poor market whose pro sports bandwidth is devoted to the Saints.  Small markets work in the NBA but almost exclusively if the NBA team is the only pro sports team there.  In comparison, the Okie City MSA is 1.4M and New Orleans is 1.2M.  No one in their right mind would put two pro sports teams in OKC.  (You could also make the case that Tulsa is an ancillary attachment to that market but probably not.)

New Orleans shouldn't have an NBA team to begin with and add on that the team is badly run.  It should be sold and/or moved to Seattle.  

33 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It's a small, poor market whose pro sports bandwidth is devoted to the Saints.  Small markets work in the NBA but almost exclusively if the NBA team is the only pro sports team there.  In comparison, the Okie City MSA is 1.4M and New Orleans is 1.2M.  No one in their right mind would put two pro sports teams in OKC.  (You could also make the case that Tulsa is an ancillary attachment to that market but probably not.)

New Orleans shouldn't have an NBA team to begin with and add on that the team is badly run.  It should be sold and/or moved to Seattle.  

This. I lived in NOLA for six years and while that time did include the Saints SB win, I could not think of a single instance in my entire time there that anyone even mentioned the Hornets/Pelicans. It's a great sports town for visiting fanbases for the Sugar, Final Four, Super Bowl, etc., and the Who Dat Nation is still strong for now, but the NBA is as irrelevant as Tulane football. 

53 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I don't disagree at all.  To piggy back, New Orleans is also the 50th biggest TV market.  There's no obvious reason why there's a team there other than nostalgia for the old ABA team.  Seattle is the obvious contender but even Austin (which I'm not advocating) is a bigger TV and metro market.  New Orleans is a very strange site.

I'm just going to keep saying it because he hasn't remotely cooled off - Durant is absolutely fucking absurd right now. The definition of unprecedented. 

11/12 last game for a cool 30 in 3Qs - ho him 4/5 for 9 in the 1Q tonight. 

Pretty sure he's had 25+ by the 4th quarter in at least 3 straight games coming into tonight. 

Edited by ztejas

I'm trying to figure out whether this Warriors team is an actual contender or if they're an early regular-season darling that tops out at a WCF appearance. 

I think they're probably one or the other. The fact that I haven't figured out this Bulls team yet doesn't help either (I mean I know they aren't an actual contender but I wonder if they're a win one series or maybe win a couple series type team).