NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

37 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Wonder how much KD regrets teaming up with Kyrie Flat Earth Irving.

The current situation was totally unpredictable, obviously, but it's not like Kyrie doesn't have a long history of torpedoing the teams that he's on. I know that Kyrie and KD are tight, but sketchy guy to hitch your wagon to career wise.

Though, there weren't many great options two off-seasons ago. He sure as shit was never going to the Knicks.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Impressed by this new Warriors team. I didn't realize (Because the NBA is meh) that they had retooled. My favorite to win the West. They seem to be having fun.

They are looking like those preKD warriors with deep bench and great team defense.  And Klay isn't even back yet.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

ESPN continuing to give Perk more and more airtime is one of the worst things they've ever done and they've employed Jalen Rose for a long time. 

How they stumbled into Richard Jefferson is nothing short of a miracle. 

You had me in the first half. Can't stand Richard Jefferson during games.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Llogg said:

You had me in the first half. Can't stand Richard Jefferson during games.

I can see both sides. His voice can be grating but I generally like what he has to say. 

I prefer it to Mark Jackson being a pussy hurt bitch for 2.5 hours.

Edited by ztejas

Yeah it was disappointing result.  The undermanned Cavs (no Mobley, no Allen, no Marky Mark) were up 13 heading into the 4th and it was like they thought “holy shit we could win this” and then they all played tighter than a Mormon on her wedding night.  Bricking wide open 3s and then overcommitting on defense and leaving themselves open to back door cuts.  Curry on the other hand thrives in those situations and I think outscored the Cavs by himself 20-8 in the 4th.  

C’est la vie.

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

F7617FF2-7AB5-424A-B340-B148D3E6DB67.thumb.jpeg.1c031ce4615478e6f36c5eed1171c4b5.jpeg

take a second to soak that in.

Besides the obvious of how ludicrous this stat is, my second thought was wait a minute... how many shots did JR Smith have to jack up to make 9 or more threes in five separate games? So that's a minimum of 45 shots, and if he shot 50%, that's 90 shots. I'm putting the o/u at 130? My man was a 37% lifetime shooter from 3.

9 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah it was disappointing result.  The undermanned Cavs (no Mobley, no Allen, no Marky Mark) were up 13 heading into the 4th and it was like they thought “holy shit we could win this” and then they all played tighter than a Mormon on her wedding night.  Bricking wide open 3s and then overcommitting on defense and leaving themselves open to back door cuts.  Curry on the other hand thrives in those situations and I think outscored the Cavs by himself 20-8 in the 4th.  

C’est la vie.

And the scary thing is he seems to be getting better.

Just now, Message Board User said:

Sucks for Sexton right before Free Agency. 

And sucks for the Cavs who won't get the much needed data as to how he would fit on a team with Garland, Mobley, and Allen before offering him a big contract.

Someone will give him 20 a year at least. Whether that's the Cavs or not remains to be seen.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Cunningham had his most complete game of the year against the Warriors. And he looked like he cared. 

He had 25/8/8 two games ago on 50 from the field. 

2 blocks and 3 steals tonight though. He's  going to be good. The him vs. Mobley vs. maybe Green debate is getting warmed up. 

On 11/19/2021 at 12:59 AM, westexhorn said:

And thats with the new foul changes.  Barely any free throws, still dropping 40.

You could tell from his preseason interviews that Steph was pissed that he was getting lumped in with "the guys most likely to be affected by the rule changes."

Don't get me wrong, dude has never passed up an opportunity to jump sideways into someone he pump faked into the air, but he's not out there purposely trying to wrap up people's arms as they fight over screens or stopping in front of guys like James or Trae.

When Steph scores 40, it's because he put the ball through the hoop 15 times, not because he shot 18 free throws.