NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

Who's more disappointed in the season so far, Wizards or Celtics? I feel like both teams had playoff ambitions and are just hovering around 0.500 and on the playoff bubble.
Celtics because they IMO have two young guys who are supposed to be stars. Maybe not Superstars but talented enough to not be in 10th place.

Grayson Allen in top form:

fwiw i don't actually think that should have been a flagrant 2, but with his reputation, what are you gonna do? plus that was a bad fall. the way he bounced off the court...sheesh. glad he wasn't injured. that's gonna hurt in the morning though. 

Edited by shadow_operative

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

fwiw i don't actually think that should have been a flagrant 2, but with his reputation, what are you gonna do? plus that was a bad fall. the way he bounced off the court...sheesh. glad he wasn't injured. that's gonna hurt in the morning though. 

The initial contact was OK, it's the right arm swinging in after the play is made that spins Caruso and causes the awkward landing. It was unnecessary, and that makes it a flagrant 2 IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I've looked at it a few times now and I think it was the pulling of the arm that warranted that. The initial foul was fine but, he pulls the arm well after. I think the guy broke his wrist and is out for a while. 

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the previous responses

Edited by PittsburghTiger

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

No he's right. All they needed was for Durant, Giannis, Butler and Embiid to all suffer season ending injures in the next few weeks and the door would have been wide open. 

Bulls have legit talent.  Embiid is great but his team has zero chance at the Finals, the only competition is Nets/Bucks and there's no guarantee with the Kyrie drama. Miami isn't going anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Bulls have legit talent.  Embiid is great but his team has zero chance at the Finals, the only competition is Nets/Bucks and there's no guarantee with the Kyrie drama. Miami isn't going anywhere. 

Yeah I'm not discussing this with you but I appreciate your opinion. You must have missed the back to back ass fuckings the Bulls were handed by focused and motivated Nets and Warriors teams. 

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

A team whose best player is DeMar DeRozan ain't making the NBA Finals. Stop it.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I'm not discussing this with you but I appreciate your opinion. You must have missed the back to back ass fuckings the Bulls were handed by focused and motivated Nets and Warriors teams. 

GS destroyed the Nets in BKN a while back too.   Teams get hot at various points in the season.

13 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Bulls had a legit shot at the Finals, now this bullshit injury to Caruso has destroyed that hope. Allen needs to be suspended for many games next time. 

I'm going to make the mistake of taking this troll attempt seriously.

1. Caruso is a nice player, a productive sixth man who can score, facilitate, and not be a liability on defense. A guy you can leave on the court in crunch time. The notion that he's the difference between a trip to the finals or not is something only his mom might believe.

2. Is this version of DeRozan better than the version that was incapable of getting it done in Toronto and led the worst stretch of Spurs basketball in a decade and a half (at least)? I know history is littered with guys that made the leap to best player on a championship team at age 32, but I'm still not buying that having him as your best player is a ticket to the finals. I get people are impressed with him this season, but statistically the only thing that has increased significantly from his last season with the Spurs is usage rate.

3. Milwaukee.

4. The Nets with a healthy and active trio of Durant, Harden, and Irving are still the best team in the league. They just never have the opportunity to show it. This is not a bad part of the season for Durant to be sitting. Come back a couple weeks after All Star break to get things clicking heading into the playoffs. Maybe some rules will change and Kyrie can play home games by the time playoffs roll around. If that happens the Bulls are at best a speed bump.

5. Bulls already missing Ball and LaVine, much bigger impacts than Caruso, IMO.

6. They don't get nearly enough from Vucevic on a consistent basis. A guy like that underperforming is not really the secret ingredient to a championship run.

Edited by Llogg
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

is this going to be the year that Embiid wins the MVP? i guess all it took was getting Ben out of his way, lol. man. it's still blows my mind that they could have gotten Harden in a trade for Simmons and weren't interested.

He is on a crazy run right now. The 76ers are foolish if they dont lower their demands for Simmons and bring in some help.

13 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

of course this is all Jokic has been up to:

03774470-FCC8-43F9-97ED-E6DD2FE02AE1.thumb.jpeg.533a2320627d4faf975fe766aee71a59.jpeg

Jokic is the best player in the NBA. It's time we acknowledge that. 

Having Jokic and Embiid playing at this level refreshing, especially for those of us who love post play. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

They're only 4-3 with Kyrie though. Weird that they are a better road team even without him.

Yeah, I didn't delve into it yet, but I am curious what the explanation is. I can't recall a team ever being that good on the road and so mediocre at home. Does Brooklyn have a shitty home crowd atmosphere? Did they play a lot of home games since KD got hurt?  I don't get it.