NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

i just got done rewatching the final 30 seconds of regulation on my dvr. i don't think i've ever done that before for some random regular season game between two teams i'm not a fan of. that hornets vs pacers game was unreal, and really got my blood flowing. getting to switch over and catch the 4Q/OT of that Celtics/Knicks game to find an even better game immediately afterward made last night the best opening night of the NBA i've ever seen. 

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ben Simmons is making too much money to suck. If he was a 15 million a year guy he would be traded by now. Him liking the celebrity aspect more than basketball caught up with him. 

Dude's who don't love basketball don't make first team All-Defensive teams. That takes effort, engagement, focus and film study.

Something tells me that, if Simmons was traded tomorrow, he'd immediately be averaging 18/8/9 with top notch defense for a new team.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Kinda agree with Morey. How does flipping Simmons for a couple role players help the 76ers? Really doesn't outside of eliminating a short term distraction.

Again, if the Pacers did indeed offer Brogdon and Levert, Morey should have taken it and that would have helped them greatly.   If Morey cannot find  multiple high level role players that can help his team then he and his staff are not good talent evaluators.

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Kinda agree with Morey. How does flipping Simmons for a couple role players help the 76ers? Really doesn't outside of eliminating a short term distraction.

Getting those numbers off the salary cap helps the team a great deal. Get a bunch of mud level dudes on one and two year contacts that you can waive plus picks and your team is better both short and long term 

In his career (275 games), Simmons has managed all of 5 three pointers. How the fuck do you play guard in today's nba and only manage to make ~1 three pointer per season. By comparison, tyrese maxey played point for philly last night and want  2/3 from deep (20/7/5 overall).  You trade for Simmons, you're paying a lot for good defense. 

5 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ben Simmons is making too much money to suck. If he was a 15 million a year guy he would be traded by now. Him liking the celebrity aspect more than basketball caught up with him. 

He's always been a loser, dudes team didn't even make the tourney. Him and Wiggins have always sucked and people hyped them up to be better than they were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Warriors are back to being fun to watch and if they hold up health wise, are back to being a threat. I am not sure on the same level of their run from 2014-2019 but still. They will now take over a playoff spot from someone. 

I'm biased as fuck obviously, but if the Lakers aren't able to figure out all of their pieces this year, I think the Warriors have as good a chance as anyone to come out of the West. It's a weird year. Kawhi and Murray are out, I don't see Jason Kidd as the answer in Dallas. Utah and Phoenix should obviously be the favorites right now (again, assuming it doesn't ever click for LeBron and co.), but if Klay comes back at 90%, and Wiseman either adds some much needed size, or gets traded for some nice parts, who knows.