2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

We have very limited options in improving this roster this season. It appears Kemba Walker has fallen out of the rotation in New York. I'd call and see if they would be interested in a Powell for Walker swap. Walker has 1 year left on deal and Powell is expiring. Maybe Walker provides some offense for the Mavs.

2 hours ago, RexWilson said:

We have very limited options in improving this roster this season. It appears Kemba Walker has fallen out of the rotation in New York. I'd call and see if they would be interested in a Powell for Walker swap. Walker has 1 year left on deal and Powell is expiring. Maybe Walker provides some offense for the Mavs.

I agree they were limited this offseason but the problem now is you are hamstrung with Luka's extension kicking in next season. That is why it was so pivotal for them to improve the roster these past two seasons or at least acquire assets. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked to see Powell and/or Maxi moved. That would save them around $20 million next season but that might only be enough to re-sign Brunson. What a complete failure by this FO. 

15 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I agree they were limited this offseason but the problem now is you are hamstrung with Luka's extension kicking in next season. That is why it was so pivotal for them to improve the roster these past two seasons or at least acquire assets. At this point, I wouldn't be shocked to see Powell and/or Maxi moved. That would save them around $20 million next season but that might only be enough to re-sign Brunson. What a complete failure by this FO. 

Let's be honest, when it comes to roster building the entire Mark Cuban ownership run has consisted of trading away any and all serious efforts towards the draft, for shooting moon shots at top of the class free agents, trading for veterans, and signing mid tier free agents. While it's ok to utilize this strategy as PART of your roster building process Cuban seems to think it's the only tool in the tool belt. We never have worthwhile assets because worthwhile assets are usually young and acquired through the draft. I used to blame Donny for our futile draft efforts, but after reading the reporting on our front office and listening to the Haralabob podcast with Pablo Torre it's become more than clear that Cuban is the true culprit behind all our problems. Until he takes the draft (and in turn ceeding more power and input to the scouting process) seriously we will always struggle with this issue. Cuban is just lucky he's had 2 generational talents to cloak his inept roster building.  

4 hours ago, Rholl said:

For some odd reason Cuban has to be fucking this team on purpose...... noone can fuck a roster this badly over and over.   Dont ask me why?  But it has to be on purpose

Do you think it's more likely he's doing this on purpose or that he doesn't know what he's doing?

• Like 1

we have at least one semi-coveted asset in JB.  after that we have a bunch of JAGs and two bloated contracts.  when you have a full roster you have assets, tho how valuable they are is up to the GM to exploit.  this is nico harrison's chance to show his genius.  more likely he'll turn over our roster for a pair of jordans.

14 hours ago, bluto said:

Geez the crowd is pathetic for this nets game, must be 630 tip but still is crazy

Was at this game.  First game of the year.  6:30 place was empty.  At 8:30 still pretty light.  Couple Observations as a casual Mavs fan:

Both teams were ice cold most of the game.  it was bad basketball from a shooting, scheme, effort and generally looked like two teams who were pretty disinterested.

The crowd was crap.  Not just the 50% capacity,  but zero energy.  The only time they got into it was when they had 4th quarter chick fil a contest to win a sandwich on two missed free throws (which they did)

Luka whines every fing time.  Bunch of calls he didn't get,  and my buddies and i were like "maybe he shouldn't bitch at the refs from the tip".  BTW,  on first shot (which he made) - he turned and start bitching at the ref.  FIRST SHOT. 

The Mavs offense turned into I hope Luka gets hot in 4th.  (Didn't this get previous coach fired?)   He also passed up several up close shots to kick outside when it looked open - think he's trying to get the rest of these guys to hit a shot,  but as noted above.  Brutal 3 point shooting all night.  

Harden is an embarrassment to the league.  He makes Soccer Flops look like assaults.  At least 5 phantom flops in the game.   Watching him flop and Luka whine the entire game is a cancer on the NBA

Not that Cuban needs the money,  but I won't spend another dime on going to watch this team.  

10 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Was at this game.  First game of the year.  6:30 place was empty.  At 8:30 still pretty light.  Couple Observations as a casual Mavs fan:

Both teams were ice cold most of the game.  it was bad basketball from a shooting, scheme, effort and generally looked like two teams who were pretty disinterested.

The crowd was crap.  Not just the 50% capacity,  but zero energy.  The only time they got into it was when they had 4th quarter chick fil a contest to win a sandwich on two missed free throws (which they did)

Luka whines every fing time.  Bunch of calls he didn't get,  and my buddies and i were like "maybe he shouldn't bitch at the refs from the tip".  BTW,  on first shot (which he made) - he turned and start bitching at the ref.  FIRST SHOT. 

The Mavs offense turned into I hope Luka gets hot in 4th.  (Didn't this get previous coach fired?)   He also passed up several up close shots to kick outside when it looked open - think he's trying to get the rest of these guys to hit a shot,  but as noted above.  Brutal 3 point shooting all night.  

Harden is an embarrassment to the league.  He makes Soccer Flops look like assaults.  At least 5 phantom flops in the game.   Watching him flop and Luka whine the entire game is a cancer on the NBA

Not that Cuban needs the money,  but I won't spend another dime on going to watch this team.  

Harden was way worse than Luka but all Reggie Miller could talk about was Luka.  hell Harden was full on OJ trial sidebar half the game.  the turnover of the foul on Harden was ridiculous but par for the course for the NBA refs who are as crooked as the day is long. It was a foul on KD late in the game on the block also.  Luka gets Dirk'd a lot.  

that said the issue is the team is shit.  they can't shoot for shit. KP is a pussy.  they'll make the playoffs but will lose first round.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

do you what you can to get sabonis.  if it means putting everyone except luka on the block, fine.  

If Indiana is looking to rebuild, they want draft capital or young studs. Mavs have neither to offer. Maybe you can swing a 3 team deal with someone that wants KP or something but seems doubtful. Mavs roster management is fucked.

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

we have at least one semi-coveted asset in JB.  after that we have a bunch of JAGs and two bloated contracts.  when you have a full roster you have assets, tho how valuable they are is up to the GM to exploit.  this is nico harrison's chance to show his genius.  more likely he'll turn over our roster for a pair of jordans.

Which jordans?

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Which jordans?

none of the good ones.  maybe the wool ones.  

11 minutes ago, Llogg said:

If Indiana is looking to rebuild, they want draft capital or young studs. Mavs have neither to offer. Maybe you can swing a 3 team deal with someone that wants KP or something but seems doubtful. Mavs roster management is fucked.

we don't have anything they'll want.  no picks.  no young pieces with potential they can build around.  but we do have players who would fit in as missing pieces on a team making a run who might be willing to trade draft capital.  maybe cuban can throw in an appearance on shark tank.  

Edited by gsoda3

15 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

We're a jump shooting team that can't shoot. 14% on 29 attempts and that's not just an off night.

If Doncic is gonna suck from 3 we are toast. he has to be at least decent.

depending on THJ and DFS is death.

It appears to me that Doncic doesn't work on his game at all.  

On 12/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, Loch Ness Monster said:

Luka out tonight. He seems banged up/fat to me and settling for too many jumpers.

THJ and Bullock have been terrible this year.

don't matter...got paid.  

joking but looks like Luka enjoyed his contract off season.  guy is great and a stat sheet stuffer but when you watch a game no one is there to take advantage of the pressure he puts on the other team.  KP seems better this year but like you said others seem worse.

other teams are willing to let Luka have his and bet that he'll be off if he settles for jumpers.  he doesn't really make anyone around him better. 

I don't think Cuban and Kidd can get this done. 

Dirk was just that good but still needed Kidd(and a very good JET) to get over the hump.  

Luka will be like Barkley.  He'll be chasing a ring later in his career.