2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

On 3/31/2022 at 3:36 PM, Drew said:

After that crybaby up top tried to shit all over me for a "not that crazy" take that the Mavs have all but locked up a Top 4 seed...yeah.  I am.  

You’re an idiot as you always are. You said it way too early at the time you said it. I would’ve agreed had you said “a 4 seed is likely”. But you said something stupid as you always do. 

3 hours ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

Dallas is beating all the top teams in either conference at home or on the road. And Luka has definitely entered the MVP chat, as the only player in the league averaging 28 8 8 or better

He's in the same group as Giannis and Embiid, I guess, but no one has a statistical argument over Joker this year.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:11 AM, Porterhouse said:

You’re an idiot as you always are. You said it way too early at the time you said it. I would’ve agreed had you said “a 4 seed is likely”. But you said something stupid as you always do. 

It was NOT early when I said it, which is why I said it, and clarified it with all but locked up.  The only idiot here is you, as usual.

And it's just like the Mavs to lose to the Wiz, then beat the contender Bucks. Luka looks like superman too.  Just crazy.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

It was NOT early when I said it, which is why I said it, and clarified it with all but locked up.  The only idiot here is you, as usual.

And it's just like the Mavs to lose to the Wiz, then beat the contender Bucks. Luka looks like superman too.  Just crazy.

It was too early. They were up a game with 7 left to play. It was Greenspoint-esque. Just because you keep popping up after Mavs wins doesn’t make you right. You’re still a moron. 

They were a game up and the Jazz were floundering with a MUCH tougher SOS remaining.  You're acting like I said they had definitely locked it up...I didn't say that.  I said what I said, and I stood by it...you didn't like it because you didn't agree and instead of backing down, since I never made any concrete statement, you have kept going on and on.

6 hours ago, Drew said:

They were a game up and the Jazz were floundering with a MUCH tougher SOS remaining.  You're acting like I said they had definitely locked it up...I didn't say that.  I said what I said, and I stood by it...you didn't like it because you didn't agree and instead of backing down, since I never made any concrete statement, you have kept going on and on.

Contrary to what you may believe, I don’t care. I like toying with you. It’s fun. 

7 hours ago, Drew said:

Come on Drew, it was never a big deal but you did seem to call it "locked up" a bit on the early side. Don't be a Derka

43 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Question for Mavs fans: what the hell happened with Josh Richardson in Dallas? He's been really solid for the spurs since they got him at the trade deadline. I'm not getting why he flamed out in Dallas or Boston. What am I missing? 

He actually had about the sameish stat line on the mavs, we just expected more from him for the price.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Question for Mavs fans: what the hell happened with Josh Richardson in Dallas? He's been really solid for the spurs since they got him at the trade deadline. I'm not getting why he flamed out in Dallas or Boston. What am I missing? 

8 minutes ago, Bigpoppapump said:

He actually had about the sameish stat line on the mavs, we just expected more from him for the price.

And his defence wasn't near worth the tradeoff of the offense we lost in Seth Curry. In fairness to him though,  he probably needed to be in a system with guards who are less ball dominant than Luka and even Jalen.  San Antonio suits his game more in that respect with the way they share the ball more evenly throughout their backcourt.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

He was a good fit on paper.  So was Delon Wright.  Both had good size yet were capable of chasing jitterbug point guards around to lessen Luka’s defensive responsibility.  No idea why it didn’t work, because it should’ve worked.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:54 PM, Drew said:

It wasn't a big deal, which is why I though it was stupid he made a point to call me out for it.

No worries, I'll scroll past his dumbass from now on.

I called you out because it was a dumb comment. I wasn’t the only one who called you out. You’re the tough guy who made a big deal about it. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

I called you out because it was a dumb comment. I wasn’t the only one who called you out. You’re the tough guy who made a big deal about it. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Met Dodo the other day. His kids play in the same club my kids do. Have enjoyed his career progression. 

You routinely try and make "Dodo" a thing and you have the gall to comment on how dumb another poster seems?

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
1 hour ago, Llogg said:
You routinely try and make "Dodo" a thing and you have the gall to comment on how dumb another poster seems?

Doe doe is his nickname. Coaches, players, the media... Everyone calls him that.

Who calls the 4th best player on a middling playoff team by some nickname?

Tony Brothers is Trash...and I"m sure he'll cost them a playoff game.

Honestly THIS was the game to sit Luka anyways.  They don't win by 50, but they win by 20+ without him.  Now if the 3rd seed is on the line(provided the Warriors lose), he won't be able to play unless they rescind that soft Tech.

The final day of the NBA regular season has arrived, and the Mavs still have some work to do before finding out if they'll be the third or fourth seed in the Western Conference playoffs.

Had the Spurs been able to pull off an upset over the Warriors on Saturday night, the Mavs would've controlled their own destiny for the third seed heading into Sunday's finale against San Antonio. However, the Spurs weren't able to get it done, losing to the Warriors 100-94. Here are all of the possible playoff scenarios for the Mavs on Sunday:

• Mavs lose to Spurs – Dallas is the fourth seed
  • Mavs beat Spurs, Warriors beat Pelicans – Dallas is the fourth seed
  • Mavs beat Spurs, Warriors lose to Pelicans – Dallas is the third seed

Whether the Mavs get the third or the fourth seed, who they play in the first round could still be the Denver Nuggets or the Utah Jazz depending on how those two teams' final games go. The Nuggets play the Lakers, and the Jazz play the Trail Blazers, the team the Mavs just walloped by 50 points on Friday. If the Jazz win, they will be the fifth seed. If the Jazz somehow lose to the tanking Blazers, and the Nuggets beat the Lakers, then Denver would be the fifth seed.

Given that the Pelicans and Spurs are now locked into the ninth and 10th seeds for the Play-In Tournament, respectively, neither will have anything to play for on Sunday. This is good news for the Mavs' chances of finishing the season 52-30 and sweeping the Spurs in the regular season for the first time franchise history. However, that could also be bad news for the Mavs as well, as the Pelicans might sit key players in their matchup against the Warriors.

Buckle up, because we will know the final playoff brackets very soon.

• Like 1