2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

Didn’t see the ejection play live but from video it looks like things went about as they should have:

luka goes for the explanation point, whiteside hard foul to stop it. Dfs/ bullock come over to defend their guy, whiteside pushes back. Playoff basketball. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Luka, while nursing a lower leg injury, shouldn’t be trying to put Whiteside on a poster when we are up by 20+ points.  While I applaud the killer instinct, dunking on people really isn’t his thing, and he didn’t come close to pulling it off.  The play by Whiteside wasn’t even dirty until Luka hit the floor and Whiteside roughed him up a little bit while he was on the ground.  Be smart.

8 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Luka, while nursing a lower leg injury, shouldn’t be trying to put Whiteside on a poster when we are up by 20+ points.  While I applaud the killer instinct, dunking on people really isn’t his thing, and he didn’t come close to pulling it off.  The play by Whiteside wasn’t even dirty until Luka hit the floor and Whiteside roughed him up a little bit while he was on the ground.  Be smart.

It actually looked like luka was trying to fall into him, so he finally pushed him to the side. 

Whitside appears to do a little throwing motion at the end but on replay looks like it wasn't meant to be intentional and when he offered to help Luka up, Luka seemed content, but his teammate came in to stand up to Whiteside. Overreactions on both sides that was quickly sorted out. I'm just glad there weren't any suspensions.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

It actually looked like luka was trying to fall into him, so he finally pushed him to the side. 

It was late and my memory is a little fuzzy, but I  thought it was a little dirty after Luka was on the ground.  Not crazy dirty, but a little dirty.  I’ll watch a replay again when I have a couple of minutes.  Luka doesn’t need to put himself in that position with a strained calf.  He’s the best guy in the league at finding creative ways to finish in the paint without dunking on bigs.  The game was over, preserve your health and move on.

Yeah I kind of figured it wasn't all that serious and more pride than anything. The way he was limping you'd have thought he actually pulled them.

Game 4 still agitates me...the Mavs should be sitting at home and resting to get the Suns/Pels winner(neither team is unbeatable, but both will be problems IMO), and they could be sitting a banged up Jalen and give Luka more time.

Also, this has a danger of going to 7. You know Utah will be playing crazy, and will get the home court Ref advantage.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Yeah I kind of figured it wasn't all that serious and more pride than anything. The way he was limping you'd have thought he actually pulled them.

Game 4 still agitates me...the Mavs should be sitting at home and resting to get the Suns/Pels winner(neither team is unbeatable, but both will be problems IMO), and they could be sitting a banged up Jalen and give Luka more time.

Also, this has a danger of going to 7. You know Utah will be playing crazy, and will get the home court Ref advantage.

It don't make a shit

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2