2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

Brunson or Maxi were the MVP's; love watching Brunson play. Probably my 2nd player favor after Luka. He plays with such heart and would be a starting 5 on many, many other teams. Maxi was playing hard tonight too and making some big shots (1-800-Maxi)

THJ had an atrocious game and Luka was ice cold the first half before having an ugly 27 points or whatever it was. But even if he's 0-20, you never know when he will go 10-10 and he's magic.

Dwight Powell is not an NBA player. He needs 6 minutes a game, max. He's just bad and it's frustrating. I'm done with him and his 3 missed dunks and bad offensive fouls and lack of ability.

Oh, and Bullock's hair is atrocious.

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Brunson or Maxi were the MVP's; love watching Brunson play. Probably my 2nd player favor after Luka. He plays with such heart and would be a starting 5 on many, many other teams. Maxi was playing hard tonight too and making some big shots (1-800-Maxi)

THJ had an atrocious game and Luka was ice cold the first half before having an ugly 27 points or whatever it was. But even if he's 0-20, you never know when he will go 10-10 and he's magic.

Dwight Powell is not an NBA player. He needs 6 minutes a game, max. He's just bad and it's frustrating. I'm done with him and his 3 missed dunks and bad offensive fouls and lack of ability.

Oh, and Bullock's hair is atrocious.

Also...this might be an unpopular opinion, but Luka looks chubbier than usual. I wonder if that's contributing to a slower start than usual.

And also, his Free Throws remain an achilles heel. I don't think he hit one at all tonight, did he?

But he's the best player on the floor 9 times out of 10, so hey, nobody is perfect.

Finally, cross-posting from the crypto thread:

Went to the Dallas Mavericks game tonight where they announced Voyager as a crypto partner. Mark Cuban is matching $100 free with a $100 deposit and crypto purchase if you use the code Mavs100. https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/currencies/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-free-bitcoin-100-voyager-digital-app-2021-10

Anyways, before the start of the 4th quarter they had a fan come out with a timer and make some shots to qualify for the chance to shoot a half court shot and if he makes it, Mark Cuban gives this guy $100k in crypto.

The loudest the game got was when this guy nailed it. We all went nuts for him, what a cool moment. Boban and all the Mavs players were legitimately floored too and celebrating and looked pretty astonished:

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

Going tomorrow. For anyone that has gone to a game, for the Covid protocol check in, do you just show the link that you are "cleared" on the text you received to the attendant?

Yeah, they check just outside the exterior doors. Then do contactless ticketing via phone on your way in. All concessions are contactless now as well. 

Edited by Alfalfa
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Skipper said:

Going tomorrow. For anyone that has gone to a game, for the Covid protocol check in, do you just show the link that you are "cleared" on the text you received to the attendant?

Yes and they don't even really care from what I saw.

Anyways, how about those new city edition uniforms?

I really like them. 

Brunson is the only quality asset they have to trade but I think they waited way too late to do it. He's expiring after this year so nobody is going to give up anything of significance for him.

I think they're going to have to trade for Dragic. Please don't let Dwight Freaking Powell be the holdup. It might not be a popular opinion, but I believe they need to get DP and Maxi off the books for next year if they're going to want to have any money to work with in FA. It would also be great if they could simply dump KP, but that's going to be tougher. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Jason Kidd is the coach.  How good were you expecting them to be?  My expectations tanked when Kidd replaced Carlisle.  The ceiling is probably the 6-seed, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if that happens.    

Edited by idigTexas
OU sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2

Who do they trade though? Brunson? Hardaway? Good players but not sure they fetch a ton.
No one wants KP.

They need to trade for and stockpile draft picks and build that way. See the Hawks.

No trades for players are going to fix this roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Brunson can hoop.

Lots of spares on the Mavs roster though. 

Brunson's great.  his glaring weakness is his inability to play against longer opponents.  what the clippers did to him the past two years was ugly.  also, i hate how we use him when luka's on the court.  we can't turn luka primarily into a spot up shooter.  i know jb was in the zone last night so it's not always going to be like that but we have to figure out how to get luka involved in the game when they're both on the floor otherwise he's just going to pick up fouls on the defensive end and stand at the 3 pt line on offense.

5 hours ago, TxTower said:

They need to trade for and stockpile draft picks and build that way. See the Hawks.

No trades for players are going to fix this roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Main problem is Mavs had no assets when Luka came along. KP ended up being an anchor around the franchise. Atlanta had young guys like John Collins already, draft capital and used their cap space wisely before Trae needed to be paid.

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Hawks will still most likely be bounced in the 2nd round in the East. 

No shade though. Mavs haven't been to the 2nd round in more than a decade.

Yeah but the Hawks understand what Cuban has never understood during his entire ownership tenure. The draft is a valuable part of team building and doing it well sets your team up with tradeable assets if the opportunity ever arises to trade for a big star. Cuban's Mavs have always chosen the hail mary route of free agency as the sole method of team building. We lucked out with 2 generational draft picks over a 20 year span, but outside of that the Mavs have been poorly run for the greater part of 2 decades.