2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

At what point do we start to get severely concerned about Kidd’s lineup choices? I know he wants to limit KP at the 5 but you simply cannot keep getting run off the floor like this to start games. 

There’s no spacing and we cannot keep anything in front of us on defense. Zubac doing behind the back passes like he’s playing pickup ball. 

KP has actually been balling lately. Mavs fans have given him a lot of shit but he's been really good since coming back from injury. Don't mind playing a big man next to him. Keep him healthy.

Frustrating our big men mostly suck though. Powell and Kleber look like they are always about to shit their pants if they are forced to make a play on offense. WCS just always looks like he's ready to go smoke a blunt or something idk. Kleber has the most potential. Needs to build his confidence more on offense.

DFS going to need to shoot the 3 better if this team is going to do anything this year. I love the dudes mentality but he's been shooting the rock like shit.

bailed mid 4th when it was tied.  guessing we lost.  LA forced the ball to go to WCS near the FT line and he made a few good plays/decisions but it largely succeeded in getting the ball out of Luka's hands and worked overall in limiting what the Mavs were doing on offense.  The parade of bricks from 3 were not helping either.  That one sequence where we went missed 3, Of rebound, missed 3, Of rebound, missed 3 was stellar.

first game i have watched for more that 5 mins in a while.  

22 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Mostly the same team but the effort level has been up on defense for sure. Sucked Luka was out a few games.

Going into that 5-game stretch I was fine with 2-3 even with Luka. Definitely a big win yesterday. Hopefully they can put a few more together. Any update on Brunson?

This team is just impossible. I do not like watching Luka play basketball this year. He has terrible body language and just consistently bitches the entire game. He’s also fat and out of shape. 

getting railroaded by an awful NOP team at home is terrible. This team is going nowhere as constructed. 

2 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

This team is just impossible. I do not like watching Luka play basketball this year. He has terrible body language and just consistently bitches the entire game. He’s also fat and out of shape. 

getting railroaded by an awful NOP team at home is terrible. This team is going nowhere as constructed. 

This has been evident for some years now. The front office has no idea how to construct to a roster. outside of Luka. So many ill fitting parts. No upside at all. 1st round exit is their ceiling. Cuban = Jerry Jones Jr. And Luka knows this team is going nowhere and has zero help. Hard to sustain that kind of energy night after night. 

1 minute ago, idigTexas said:

Seeing Luka's attitude really makes me miss Dirk. 

I know it sounds silly if you look at the box score, but Luka also takes a ton of plays and, frankly, games off. He was absolutely terrible on defense last night and it was all effort. That was certainly never an issue with Dirk. 

2 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I know it sounds silly if you look at the box score, but Luka also takes a ton of plays and, frankly, games off. He was absolutely terrible on defense last night and it was all effort. That was certainly never an issue with Dirk. 

Dirk was a tireless and selfless worker and teammate.  It is going to take much more than a better skill set if Luka is ever going to supplant him has Mavs GOAT.  Better skills mean nothing if they aren't used to their potential and don't make the team better.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Two nights in a row brunson's stepped out of bounds in key moments of a comeback. We better figure out what we're trying to do on offense.

Hint: we have no clue. I was happy to move on from Carlisle until it was announced Kidd was the replacement. What a major downgrade for the team. Such a shame nobody saw that coming.