ESPN's Get Up!

AustinMT

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Agreed with this. I used to love Mike & Mike back in the day. 

It was a breath of fresh air at a time when Jim Rome and 1,000 imitators of his douche act dominated sports talk radio.  Mike & Mike actually discussed sports topics like mature adult men instead of doucebag manboys.

But then they kind of devolved into WAY too much "schitck" with Golic being the "dumb jock" and Greeny being the "nerd boy" or whatever. 

Jim Rome....what the hell ever happened to that guy?

• 3 months later...

Beagle leaving Get Up, but staying with ESPN.  Greenie and Jalen Rose will be on with other “rotating hosts.”

This show will be gone by this time next year.  Funny thing is GOlic will still be going on his show.

ESPN has become a complete hot mess.

9 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

Beagle leaving Get Up, but staying with ESPN.  Greenie and Jalen Rose will be on with other “rotating hosts.”

This show will be gone by this time next year.  Funny thing is GOlic will still be going on his show.

Damn autocorrect— “Beadle”

17 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Problem with sports programming is that the audience is full of morons. They have to dumb it down so those rubes won't fall asleep

I would say more of a case where the current trend of getting all your info from Facebook/ Twitter/ Snapchat by the younger folks has skewed the way ESPN does it's shows...

I've watched the show.  It really didn't know what it wanted to be, Sports highlight show.  Analysis of the topics of the day.  OTL in the morning?  Beadle and Greenburg never made any sense.  They tread the same water except she does it better than him.  He's really a lightweight and needs a breezy type situation to be..... a company man and sort of bland.  He's a straight man.  The show is really weird.  Jalen's a nice guy but he doesn't make any sense on the show.  Just a strange mix and really poor concept for a show..... Skipper ends up looking like a total failure in this.  Apparently Beadle never wanted to do the show, she learned to really love the WC, but Skipper kept throwing money at here to the point she had no choice.... now she gets to go back and is apparently going to do a new NBA show so she gets the money, a new show revolving around her and a couple of ex-NBA'ers, and go home.  

The new show will revolve around Greenburg and get more football centric.  It will also be truncated by an hour.  It will probably fail.....

Makes sense since she supposedly doesn't watch football anymore. That would have been some awkward Monday morning segments.

Now she can go be an NBA where for her last 10 minutes of importance.

Good riddance to Beadle.   The show was much better over the 3 weeks she was on vaca with Laura Rutledge and Maria Taylor sitting in for her.     Beadle is just female version of those douchey guys that I cannot stand (Rome and Cowherd).     I don't like them and I dont like her.   Equality is grand.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, d2o said:

Good riddance to Beadle.   The show was much better over the 3 weeks she was on vaca with Laura Rutledge and Maria Taylor sitting in for her.     Beadle is just female version of those douchey guys that I cannot stand (Rome and Cowherd).     I don't like them and I dont like her.   Equality is grand.

Beadle is nothing like Rome or Cowherd. Those guys are loud mouth, know-it-all blowhards while she is a super far left, feminist SJW who spends 90% of her time protesting injustice towards women. They're nothing alike. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 11:27 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

I've watched the show.  It really didn't know what it wanted to be, Sports highlight show.  Analysis of the topics of the day.  OTL in the morning?  Beadle and Greenburg never made any sense.  They tread the same water except she does it better than him.  He's really a lightweight and needs a breezy type situation to be..... a company man and sort of bland.  He's a straight man.  The show is really weird.  Jalen's a nice guy but he doesn't make any sense on the show.  Just a strange mix and really poor concept for a show..... Skipper ends up looking like a total failure in this.  Apparently Beadle never wanted to do the show, she learned to really love the WC, but Skipper kept throwing money at here to the point she had no choice.... now she gets to go back and is apparently going to do a new NBA show so she gets the money, a new show revolving around her and a couple of ex-NBA'ers, and go home.  

The new show will revolve around Greenburg and get more football centric.  It will also be truncated by an hour.  It will probably fail.....

I agree about Beadle being better for this show or things of this nature in general over Greenie. They would've had a better chance if Beadle was the lead along with a crew that was a lot less straight than Greenie who could better bring out Michelle's funny. Regardless I don't think this Good Morning Sports Today or whatever format they're shooting for works for sports in general.  ESPNs main viewers (late adolescent and college aged dudes) aren't even up that early to begin with.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

2 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Add in show having no clue of what it wants to be and the fact they’re trying to feature Mike Greenberg who is as interesting as a bowl of milk and it’s a mess. 

He has the personality of a wet noodle. 

One of my favorite stories was during Super Bowl week several years ago and he and Golic were walking right by Dan Patrick's set, DP invited them to come chat live on air and only Golic went on air because Greenberg was scared that he would get in trouble with ESPN for going on his show. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...