San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling

Mitch Cumsteen

11 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Does one game define a career? Did you not watch him at all last season? C'mon, frog.

Meh, if he’s not hitting romantic threes, he seems worthless.

Dude reminds me of a more religious Rashard Lewis.

Edited by Kermit

19 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Meh, if he’s not hitting romantic threes, he seems worthless.

Dude reminds me of a more religious Rashard Lewis.

He is better than Rashard Lewis. Peep his #s from last year. 

19.0/7.3 plus 0.7 steals 0.9 blocks - just 1.1 turnovers on .542/.445/.791 splits. He was like a better version of KP basically. 

A lot of that was in empty arenas so I don't expect him to hit .445 from deep again but he's just 24 and seems to have a good head on his shoulders and work ethic. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

He is better than Rashard Lewis. Peep his #s from last year. 

19.0/7.3 plus 0.7 steals 0.9 blocks - just 1.1 turnovers on .542/.445/.791 splits. He was like a better version of KP basically. 

A lot of that was in empty arenas so I don't expect him to hit .445 from deep again but he's just 24 and seems to have a good head on his shoulders and work ethic. 

He’s 23. Also, I’m pretty fucking shocked at how similar they are statistically.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1=portemi01&p1yrfrom=2021&p1yrto=2021&player_id2=lewisra02&p2yrfrom=2002&p2yrto=2002

Age comparison.

Went to the game tonight. 

Man, this is a really likeable team. That's a brutal back to back at altitude in Denver while Milwaukee was rested and coming off a really bad loss to Miami. Spurs still hung tough. 

Poor Poeltl. He gets Jokic, Giannis and AD all in a row at the beginning of the season. That's a pretty rough road. Good luck with all that. 

My hate for Bryn Forbes is irrational but real. He sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Went to the game tonight. 

Man, this is a really likeable team. That's a brutal back to back at altitude in Denver while Milwaukee was rested and coming off a really bad loss to Miami. Spurs still hung tough. 

Poor Poeltl. He gets Jokic, Giannis and AD all in a row at the beginning of the season. That's a pretty rough road. Good luck with all that. 

My hate for Bryn Forbes is irrational but real. He sucks. 

You know what though? He’s played exceptionally well. Jokic just went nuclear, and there’s nothing you can do against that. Jakob went at both those dudes and is finally starting to get a little respect on the defensive end. It’s also the first game I can remember where he didn’t get a foul on a screen.

• Hook 'Em 1

What's the deal with Thaddeus Young? I expected to see him more involved, but he's barely played and has been completely invisible. Zach Collins has a case of the sniffles or what? He's soft and is one of the Spurs reclamation projects I wrote off as a bust from day one along with Trey Lyles.

1 minute ago, Chad said:

What's the deal with Thaddeus Young? I expected to see him more involved, but he's barely played and has been completely invisible. Zach Collins has a case of the sniffles or what? He's soft and is one of the Spurs reclamation projects I wrote off as a bust from day one along with Trey Lyles.

Idk on Thad. He was pretty good last year. Pop may be making him earn his minutes or he just isn't an obvious fit in our rotation for whatever reason. 

Collins is out until after Christmas apparently.

Tough loss. I feel like they are going to have a lot of games like this. They really don't have anyone who can create their own shot in crunch time. 

But it doesn't really bother me. I just hope they don't get discouraged with the losses. They play hard and are really fun to watch. 

The bottom line though is that you win in the NBA with stars and we don't have any. Three games in a row they get done in by Jokic, Giannis and AD. That's just the way it go. 

• Mitch Cumsteen changed the title to San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling