Free Boxer to good home

Felix

I'm in South Austin.  I've got a male (neutered) boxer a little over a year old.  He's a great dog for the most part, but he's started fighting with my other male boxer (his sire) over my wife.  There's a thread in help if you want the whole scoop.

He's very sweet with people and the other dogs and doesn't even fight with his sire unless my wife is there.  He loves to play ball and he's very smart.  Crate trained and uses a dog door at my house.  He's leash trained and generally very well behaved.  He's very vocal, but doesn't bark much, if that makes sense.  He's big, about 70lbs, I'm guessing as we haven't weighed him in a while.  He loves kids and people in general.  He's fairly high energy but self exercising and plays well by himself.

His name is Solo as he was a single pup.  That's pretty rare, but not unusual.  He's up to date on shots and is microchipped. 

If you're interested PM me and we can figure out the details.  He would be ideal as a single dog, but would probably integrate fine into a multi-dog home.  I have leash, collar, harness, and microchip paperwork. 

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

You need to hold that dog down and show him who's alpha.  That's your wife, not the sire's wife.  He would challenge you if he believed you were the real alpha.

You have to pee on him. Or on the wife. Either should do the trick.

Before you give your dog away, see your vet about meds. We have a pretty high strung Norfolk Terrier who attacked our Cocker and my wife pretty regularly. Put the terrier on doggy prozac and it’s made a world of difference. No more fighting or aggression.

Before you give your dog away, see your vet about meds. We have a pretty high strung Norfolk Terrier who attacked our Cocker and my wife pretty regularly. Put the terrier on doggy prozac and it’s made a world of difference. No more fighting or aggression.

Just get him stoned everyday

We're still trying stuff, but I'm not hopeful.  My family has been breeding and raising boxers for years.  I've only seen this happen once before and nothing worked then.  I haven't given up hope completely but I just want him to have a good home.  Hopefully still with us, but it's not looking good.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:01 AM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

You need to hold that dog down and show him who's alpha.  That's your wife, not the sire's wife.  He would challenge you if he believed you were the real alpha.

I like posts that are both helpful to the OP and also troll the fuck out of the OP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bite the dog. Works best when they are puppies just moving in to your house, but it could still work. Any time your dog steps out of line, bite it. This is what they understand. Nothing over the top, just a good bite. The dog will look at you crazy; do not break eye contact.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 2:38 PM, GotThatFire said:

Bite the dog. Works best when they are puppies just moving in to your house, but it could still work. Any time your dog steps out of line, bite it. This is what they understand. Nothing over the top, just a good bite. The dog will look at you crazy; do not break eye contact.

Lift your leg on the wife so they know who owns that territory.

When I was growing up, we had Catahoulas and Catahoula Cur dogs to work cattle with.  Very strong minded dogs.  We also had ducks, chickens, etc.  As you may expect, one of the young cow dogs killed a duck; didn't eat it, just killed it.  My dad came home from work and discovered this transgression.  He proceeded to beat the offending dog with the duck carcass.  He beat that dog until he was holding nothing but duck feet, and at one point when the dog snapped back at him, he proceeded to put a couple of boots into the dog.  After that, a duck could walk over that dog and he would not even look at it.  

Not saying it is the way to go or endorsing that method of dog training, just relaying a story.  I am in no way endorsing that you beat your dog with your wife's dead body until he submits.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, baboso said:

When I was growing up, we had Catahoulas and Catahoula Cur dogs to work cattle with.  Very strong minded dogs.  We also had ducks, chickens, etc.  As you may expect, one of the young cow dogs killed a duck; didn't eat it, just killed it.  My dad came home from work and discovered this transgression.  He proceeded to beat the offending dog with the duck carcass.  He beat that dog until he was holding nothing but duck feet, and at one point when the dog snapped back at him, he proceeded to put a couple of boots into the dog.  After that, a duck could walk over that dog and he would not even look at it.  

Not saying it is the way to go or endorsing that method of dog training, just relaying a story.  I am in no way endorsing that you beat your dog with your wife's dead body until he submits.

We have a Catahoula so this hits close to home.  Very smart and sweet dog. Can be a little feisty.  Needy as hell.  Requires about six hours of petting/playing a day.  

On 5/31/2018 at 3:38 PM, GotThatFire said:

Arways rook eye...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bullneck said:

We have a Catahoula so this hits close to home.  Very smart and sweet dog. Can be a little feisty.  Needy as hell.  Requires about six hours of petting/playing a day.  

We still talking about a dog here?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 10:33 PM, Bullneck said:

My Catahoula was kick ass, but definitely not smart. I’d say he was about average IQ of what you find in Morgan City.  If he could have talked, would defiantly be more Cajun Onstar than not. RIP Roux, you dumb, sweet, blue eyed, hole digging bastard. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

My Catahoula was kick ass, but definitely not smart. I’d say he was about average IQ of what you find in Morgan City.  If he could have talked, would defiantly be more Cajun Onstar than not. RIP Roux, you dumb, sweet, blue eyed, hole digging bastard. 

Seconded on the hole digging.  Dammit, Phoebe, there was nothing down there the last 18 times you dug a hole . . .

On 7/10/2018 at 8:45 AM, Kennythetiger said:

Fatty, your post made me laugh out loud.  I just adopted from the local pound a half Catahoula, half Staffordshire.  Last night he was chasing a cat.  Cat ran up the tree, dog ran straight into the tree with his chest.  My dog, he is.  Smart, he is not.

I have a "Catahoula mix" we got as a puppy from the pound.  I'm pretty sure the "mix" part is something related to pit bull -- there is something in her bone structure around her eyes that just looks the part.  The long pointy ears, not so much.

She is dumb as a fence post and the strongest, most high energy dog I've ever owned.  She only weighs 50 lb or so and will damn near pull you down the road on a walk.  She's nuts.  Kinda fun to watch in action, but you're gonna get hit if you're in the vicinity, and it's like getting hit by Derrick Johnson.