Oklahoma @ Kansas

Constant

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

It really is damn near every fucking play.  I don't understand how coaches in this conference haven't all agreed to just send in every fucking hold on tape to Bowlsby's band of dumb fucks weekly.   It's been going on for 15 years

Someone on Surly should do it. Put all of their holding plays together on YouTube. We can then magnify the fuck out of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

OU 8-0 for the first time since 2004. Fortunately, I have no fear whatsoever of them winning the national title though.

They finish with @ Baylor, Iowa State, @ Okie St.  They're losing one of those.

And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they lost the CCG, too.

They're just not that good.  In addition to the sucking.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Ed Reed was behind 91 the whole time and 91 pitches it upward to Reed. Williams was ahead of Brooks. That's my contention, lateral was illegal since it was neither behind nor parallel to the ball carrier. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see a whoopsie message from the Big 12 tomorrow or Monday about getting the call wrong. It's not a play that happens that often so maybe not. 

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

They have looked like this every year they made the playoffs.  It’s just who they are.  They have Caleb who may be able to be Cam/VY and drag em to a title in the next couple years.  But there’s 2-3 schools who can look down at OU.  I won’t complain.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Ah, if wishing made it so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not sure that is accurate. Otherwise a QB throwing a ball that goes beyond the line of scrimmage and it gets batted back to him could legally throw it again.

Maybe you are right but line issues always seem more to be about where the ball is.

No he’s right. If a QB throws a pass while he has most of his whole body over the LOS except for a foot, it’s a legal forward pass. His entire body wasn’t over it. You’re talking about 2 forward passes in one play, which is illegal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'd love to think Gundy could beat them but that rarely happens. I think both Herman and Charlie had the same amount of wins against OU as Gundy did in the same time span. I could see them splitting the series if they play again in the CCG. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They have looked like this every year they made the playoffs.  It’s just who they are.  They have Caleb who may be able to be Cam/VY and drag em to a title.  But there’s 2-3 schools who can look down at OU.  I won’t complain.  

First of all, that kid has a long way to go to warrant any such comparisons.  And VY had like 25 future NFL players around him.

This kid ain't dragging y'all to shit.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Someone on Surly should do it. Put all of their holding plays together on YouTube. We can then magnify the fuck out of it.

The obsession on officiating regarding OU on this website borders on Aggy-esque.

Wait until the skull fucking you'll see in the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They have looked like this every year they made the playoffs.  It’s just who they are.  They have Caleb who may be able to be Cam/VY and drag em to a title in the next couple years.  But there’s 2-3 schools who can look down at OU.  I won’t complain.  

Caleb is (or even might be) Cam/VY?????

Just now, TexArcher said:

First of all, that kid has a long way to go to warrant any such comparisons.  And VY had like 25 future NFL players around him.

This kid ain't dragging y'all to shit.  

Yeah.  I didn’t say he was.  I said that’s the only chance.  You’re salty af.  I would be too.  

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ed Reed was behind 91 the whole time and 91 pitches it upward to Reed. Williams was ahead of Brooks. That's my contention, lateral was illegal since it was neither behind nor parallel to the ball carrier. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see a whoopsie message from the Big 12 tomorrow or Monday about getting the call wrong. It's not a play that happens that often so maybe not. 

There was nothing illegal about that play.  You are viewing it as a lateral.  Just consider it a forward pass.    No different than a rb throw option to the QB

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

There was nothing illegal about that play.  You are viewing it as a lateral.  Just consider it a forward pass.    No different than a rb throw option to the QB

You’re pissing in the wind.  The play was amazing and legal.  Lots of OU holding too throughout the game.  We can be objective.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Welcome to college football today.  Here’s who’s been worth a shit the last decade:

1. Bama

2. SEC team X

3. Clemson (dead now)

4. tOSU

thats it.  

Oh, go ahead and include yourself sweetheart. Play the 2017 playoff 10 times and I think you win a few. 

You've at least kept other teams out of the playoff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Should we try and hire Kansas’s QA/QC staff because somebody told me that’s why we shit the bed on defense in the second half meanwhile Kansas held blOwU in check basically all game. We are way more talented than Kansas, West Virginia, Kansas state, and Baylor so it’s gotta be the support staff. Lulz 

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

Should we try and hire Kansas’s QA/QC staff because somebody told me that’s why we shit the bed on defense in the second half meanwhile Kansas held blOwU in check basically all game. We are way more talented than Kansas, West Virginia, Kansas state, and Baylor so it’s gotta be the support staff. Lulz 

It's the culture, or Austin, or liberals, or CRT, or Joe Biden, or George Floyd, or something.

That's why we suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You get spoiled.  Trust me.  No OU fan is happy with where we keep getting stuck.  I’ll take it.  But definitely still get pissed.  

I’d be there too if I was an OU fan. Years of a being really good and just not getting over the final hump. It kinda sucks to be a really damn good program in the era of Bama. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You get spoiled.  Trust me.  No OU fan is happy with where we keep getting stuck.  I’ll take it.  But definitely still get pissed.  

I mean I get it. Your standard is national championships. Just like it sort of is at Texas even though we can't win our own fucking conference as of late. 13-14* (forgot 08) years without even playing for one is enough to make the fanbase antsy. I think even winning a semifinal would calm the anxiety down a bit. 

But the Heismans, conference titles and CFP appearances help. As well as ownage of Texas since 2009. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

Maybe - but talking to those around the league, the every man hates OU as well for this. ‘We knew Texas was a POS institution but thought you were our guys.’ Odd.  

Historically Texas has been blamed for everything or damn near it. This ties into the perception that we get everything our way including the calls, which ties into your pos institution. So your comment could play into some historical looking the other way on things like holding occurring on the field. I also have no doubt a league supports one’s effort to make the playoffs. It was probably mentioned in the refs thread, but I think is a large contingent of anti-Texas in the officiating ranks. That would likely be more this year so OU gets off easier.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Narrator:  He complained. 

NCAA rule defines a fumble as losing possession by other than passing, handing, or kicking. Handing is defined as transferring possession to a teammate other than by kicking, passing, or fumbling. So when a player on the same team rips the ball from another player's hand, how do you determine whether it is handing or a fumble? Circular rule is circular.

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nah. He needs to play somewhere next year. Heard some talk that he probably wouldn't go until the 3rd round at this point. 

SMU type place actually makes sense.  Let him show his talent and he can have a long leash... he isn't a pressure cooker guy.  NFL coaches fall in love with arm strength.  Show that off then go in the first round...He will be like Todd Marinovich minus all the drugs.