Oklahoma @ Kansas

Constant

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

SMU type place actually makes sense.  Let him show his talent and he can have a long leash... he isn't a pressure cooker guy.  NFL coaches fall in love with arm strength.  Show that off then go in the first round...He will be like Todd Marinovich minus all the drugs.  

"Type" - yes. Unfortunately for him I don't think he'd beat out Tanner if he stays another year (not sure on his eligibility - figure he has one more?) and by all accounts Stone barely lost out on the starting job in camp. 

But a mid P5 program needing a ready to play QB would be perfect. Or a hot G5. Cincy might actually make a lot of sense if Ridder leaves.

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

"Type" - yes. Unfortunately for him I don't think he'd beat out Tanner if he stays another year (not sure on his eligibility - figure he has one more?) and by all accounts Stone barely lost out on the starting job in camp. 

But a mid P5 program needing a ready to play QB would be perfect. Or a hot G5. Cincy might actually make a lot of sense if Ridder leaves.

Yeah - I follow SMU a little bit...  They're actually doing well at QB.  But a place like that - maybe Houston needs a QB?  

Edit:  yes, Cincy would be absolutely perfect imo

Edited by ChiTownDoc

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah - I follow SMU a little bit...  They're actually doing well at QB.  But a place like that - maybe Houston needs a QB?  

Houston would be a good one, too.

What are OU fan's thoughts on Mordecai? Are some of y'all sour that you maybe kept the wrong QB due to an unwillingness to let go of Rattler? I don't follow any OU $9.95 - was Tanner never close in camp/offseason or was it just a known "Rattler is the guy" type deal?

Ultimately I think I'd rather have Caleb than Tanner but it's a weird footnote for Riley. Especially if y'all had've lost the Texas game because of it (glad we could help).

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Houston would be a good one, too.

What are OU fan's thoughts on Mordecai? Are some of y'all sour that you maybe kept the wrong QB due to an unwillingness to let go of Rattler? I don't follow any OU $9.95 - was Tanner never close in camp/offseason or was it just a known "Rattler is the guy" type deal?

Ultimately I think I'd rather have Caleb than Tanner but it's a weird footnote for Riley. Especially if y'all had've lost the Texas game because of it (glad we could help).

Honestly nobody cares about Mordecai gone and most actually wish him well when he's brought up...because even if was still at OU, the place has been going crazy for Caleb since the spring game.  Rattler was actually on the 'insider' hot seat when the year started because of his attitude.  Everyone within the program knew his talent but also his major leadership issues.  If OU didn't have Caleb then yes, I guarantee a lot of anger about letting Tanner leave due to this cancer Rattler.  And now Texas has rid OU of Rattler and Mike Stoops.  I swear we owe you bastards a LOT.  Those are the two of the biggest stains on this program since LR took over. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Rattler was actually on the 'insider' hot seat when the year started because of his attitude.

Riley tolerated the attitude, but not the turnovers. Plus, Williams' running ability covers up for the terrible run blocking.

29 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

And now Texas has rid OU of Rattler and Mike Stoops.  I swear we owe you bastards a LOT.  Those are the two of the biggest stains on this program since LR took over. 

There is the armed robbery perpetrated by two RB who contributed last year and one potential contributor at WR.

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

Riley tolerated the attitude, but not the turnovers. Plus, Williams' running ability covers up for the terrible run blocking.

There is the armed robbery perpetrated by two RB who contributed last year and one potential contributor at WR.

Definitely meant football related.  Yes, those are clearly worse.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It's a damn shame that Texas still can't field a defense to stop OU, much less in the final minutes of the fourth quarter.  We're watching shitty teams provide more of an overall defensive effort than what Texas fielded and called.  Watching Pitt now, and wanting an offensive line as well.  Linebackers and an offensive line.  I still believe that Texas has the players on the defensive line to generate pressure, but they need to stop the run at some point.