Oklahoma State at Iowa State - 2:30 on Fox

Pancho

Got tired of playing with the dogs and came back for more. I only watch O State and you other guys in Burnt. Fuk, I don't even know what good football is supposed to look like anymore. I did catch part of a game a couple weeks back that was on a week night. Think they were called Cincy or something? That looked like good football. But surly not cause they weren't on TV on a Saturday? I don't even know anymore.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Fictional character or otherwise, with the name Gordon Bombay you are pre-destined to be a raging alcoholic.  

While true. Im more worried I’ve taken to calling sark, stark and few call me out on it.   Not a good omen for how this grand experiment turns out.  :/

Edited by Xian

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Some of us didn’t stop

2ae84a9f2393ab3ce2ae97dd877d6c86.jpg

Fuck the field storm police. I hate gutting the Pokes, but it is what it is.

Brocktober baby

Fuck you goddamnit!!!

jk you guys earned it, the taunting penalty was unexplainable bs, our qb is just not good enough

Fuck you goddamnit!!!

jk you guys earned it, the taunting penalty was unexplainable bs, our qb is just not good enough

Thanks! TBH, Sanders was better than I expected, and your D wasn’t as good against the pass as I thought.

Kickers were the difference, IMO.

I would tell you I hope you win out, but I want absolutely no part of a rematch.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Some of us didn’t stop

2ae84a9f2393ab3ce2ae97dd877d6c86.jpg

Fuck the field storm police. I hate gutting the Pokes, but it is what it is.

Brocktober baby
Man, I would love to drive one of those in the field. All, I get to do is run over goat weeds/bull nettle. If I'm lucky I get a small pine tree/ hackberry bush.

Actually, got to drive one last year when we loaded a flat rack for export.

#RealBigPimping

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Thanks! TBH, Sanders was better than I expected, and your D wasn’t as good against the pass as I thought.

Kickers were the difference, IMO.

I would tell you I hope you win out, but I want absolutely no part of a rematch.

He managed to not turn it over and made some nice throws, but there were little things that we’ve seen for the last few years that he still does, mainly taking to long to run on broken plays, and missing open receivers by taking too long to process.

FCa4bDUVUAEJRWe?format=jpg&name=large
Props to Matt Campbell and Iowa State. I love that they’re competitive every week. Fun team to root for (when they’re not playing us).

Meh, this is one of those things people fish out to celebrate. Most yards gained after contact while smoking a cigarette type thing.
  • Haha 1

Good game.  Iowa State is solid in all phases. Probably the best all-around team in the league. They played a damn-near flawless game and beat us by 3 at home.

Calling it now - OSU-Iowa State rematch will be the Big 12 title game.

OU’s defense and Caleb Williams streak of getting extremely lucky with bad decisions will cost them and they will lose two of Baylor, Iowa State and OSU…. Maybe all three.

Iowa State will win out. OSU will probably win out. I have that much faith in the defense. 

• Like 1

Good game.  Iowa State is solid in all phases. Probably the best all-around team in the league. They played a damn-near flawless game and beat us by 3 at home.
OU’s defense and Caleb Williams streak of getting extremely lucky with bad decisions will cost them and they will lose two of Baylor, Iowa State and OSU…. Maybe all three.
Iowa State will win out. OSU will probably win out. I have that much faith in the defense. 

I want no part of a rematch.

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Lol Mike Gundy beating OU.  He’ll probably pee his pants and get blown out

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Lol Mike Gundy beating OU.  He’ll probably pee his pants and get blown out

Maybe. But 80% of the time we’ve played them they have been the superior team. 

The few times that hasn’t been the case, we’ve either beaten them or the games are coin-flip games.

Unless OU finds a defense in the next 6 weeks, we’re the better team. Based on games I’ve watched this year, I think Baylor and Iowa State are better than them as well. 

Their defense is total shit, and Caleb Williams is talented, but he does far too much high-risk rinky-dink high school shit that will cost them when he finally plays a team with a defense.

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

This is pretty spot on.    Three teams in the league have seniors and super seniors all over the starting line-ups plus solid coaching staffs.   OSU, ISU and Baylor are the class of the league.   All three teams will suck ass next year.   

OU miracle fuckery is about to get a reality check.   Hope the horns can steal a game or two …

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

This is pretty spot on.    Three teams in the league have seniors and super seniors all over the starting line-ups plus solid coaching staffs.   OSU, ISU and Baylor are the class of the league.   All three teams will suck ass next year.   

OU miracle fuckery is about to get a reality check.   Hope the horns can steal a game or two …

We won't be as good next year as this year, but we won't "suck ass." Gundy hasn't had a losing record since his first season. Unlike Fatterson, he doesn't typically fire out the odd 4-7 season. I could see a situation where we look more like the OSU used to next year - really good offense but the defense takes a step back.

Campbell also seems very solid, so I doubt they will fall off the map. Baylor is TBD. I really like their QB, and he'll be back next year. Question will be if they can hold on to Aranda. He'll be a hot commodity this off-season I imagine.

18 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

The few times that hasn’t been the case, we’ve either beaten them or the games are coin-flip games.

Unless OU finds a defense in the next 6 weeks, we’re the better team. Based on games I’ve watched this year, I think Baylor and Iowa State are better than them as well. 

Their defense is total shit, and Caleb Williams is talented, but he does far too much high-risk rinky-dink high school shit that will cost them when he finally plays a team with a defense.

Seems like this is the theory every year, but since we almost always play them at the end of the year, they always figure it out by then and look like the fucking Patriots, especially when you throw in that they never make a single fucking mistake in that game. Our QB is still limited in his abilities, it showed in the playcalling Saturday. Gundy even mentions it, he uses terms like "streaky" and talks about his footwork, but he's just using coach speak to express what we all know, he's a super talented QB who just can't put it together between the ears. I'd put a bunch of money on the CCG being OU v ISU again.

Edited by 'stache

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Seems like this is the theory every year, but since we almost always play them at the end of the year, they always figure it out by then and look like the fucking Patriots, especially when you throw in that they never make a single fucking mistake in that game. Our QB is still limited in his abilities, it showed in the playcalling Saturday. Gundy even mentions it, he uses terms like "streaky" and talks about his footwork, but he's just using coach speak to express what we all know, he's a super talented QB who just can't put it together between the ears. I'd put a bunch of money on the CCG being OU v ISU again.

I mean, it's not my theory. 

In terms of improvement, I can see Caleb Williams improving with more starts, so the offense probably has room for improvement, but I can't see how their defense is going to get any better. In fact, if they get any more injuries it could conceivably get worse.  There is nothing magical about why OU beats us all the time. They are simply the better team the vast, vast majority of the time, and the best team typically wins. After watching every game that both teams have played this year, I don't feel that OU is the better overall team at this point.

And they are gonna have to figure shit out long before they even get to us because they still have to play Baylor and Iowa State before us. Both of those teams will pose a monumental challenge for them because both will absolutely decimate OU's shit-tastic defense.

Spencer Sanders may be "limited" but he doesn't need to be an All American with our elite defense. And as it were, I thought he was fantastic on Saturday. I know every OSU fan loves pounding on him, but having a WR corp full of freshmen and sophomores isn't helping anything, in terms of what we can run. The playcalling is exactly what it should be and plays to our strengths: strong running game and strong defense.  Again, Iowa State is the best, most complete team we've played this year. It took them playing a damn-near flawless game and a questionable officiating call for them to beat us at their place in front of a full stadium with an amped crowd.

23 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Mike Gundy has played OU 16 teams.  2 wins - 2011 when ranked #3 against #10 OU and the 2014 upset of #18 OU by an unranked OSU in OT.   Gundy also lost to OU 4 times as the higher ranked team (2009, 2010, 2013, 2020). 

I wouldn't say 80% of the time they are the superior team.  More like 60% of the time.   You'd expect more of a 7-9 or 8-8 record than 2-14.   Even if it was 80%, that equate to at least a 3-13 record. 

Mike Gundy just ain't no good against OU.  When it matters, I do not think OSU will win.  

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Spencer Sanders may be "limited" but he doesn't need to be an All American with our elite defense. And as it were, I thought he was fantastic on Saturday. I know every OSU fan loves pounding on him, but having a WR corp full of freshmen and sophomores isn't helping anything, in terms of what we can run. The playcalling is exactly what it should be and plays to our strengths: strong running game and strong defense.  Again, Iowa State is the best, most complete team we've played this year. It took them playing a damn-near flawless game and a questionable officiating call for them to beat us at their place in front of a full stadium with an amped crowd.

I like Gundy,  have a good friend in Midwest City who is friends with the Gundy family.

Did not intently watch the Iowa St game,  but it seemed they stopped running the ball in the 4th qtr ?    Was Warren injured  ?

On 10/25/2021 at 3:53 PM, Js1 said:

Mike Gundy has played OU 16 teams.  2 wins - 2011 when ranked #3 against #10 OU and the 2014 upset of #18 OU by an unranked OSU in OT.   Gundy also lost to OU 4 times as the higher ranked team (2009, 2010, 2013, 2020). 

I wouldn't say 80% of the time they are the superior team.  More like 60% of the time.   You'd expect more of a 7-9 or 8-8 record than 2-14.   Even if it was 80%, that equate to at least a 3-13 record. 

Mike Gundy just ain't no good against OU.  When it matters, I do not think OSU will win.  

The only one of those games that Gundy absolutely, positively should have won was 2013. It was the one time in his career, other than 2011, when we were absolutely, positively the better team. It's the worst loss of Gundy's career by far because it would give us a second Big 12 title in three years.

We may have been higher ranked in 2009, but Oklahoma was at least a TD favorite in that game. Zac Robinson had separated his shoulder a few weeks earlier and Gundy stubbornly played him instead of Weeden, who had just saved our ass the week before vs. a bad Colorado team.

In 2010, our best player (Justin Blackmon) was injured.  Last year, we may have been ranked higher but we were, once again, the underdog.

Should Gundy be better in Bedlam? Sure I guess. But my point is that when you have the inferior team 60-80% of the time (or whatever the number is), it's going to be difficult consistently win, ESPECIALLY when (for the most part) that game is at the end of they year.  Look at OU over the past 20 years... when do they typically get upset?  Early in the season. Why? Because they typically have better personnel than everyone and when you're a program like OSU, you have very little margin for error, and unless we roll through a season with zero key injuries, playing a blue-blood like OU at the end of the year is  going to be tougher than playing them in, say, early October.

TL;DR: Gundy should be better against OU, but he's really only lost once (2013) or maybe twice (2010) when we clearly had the better team.  The rest of the time, we were either a prohibitive underdog or just lost a toss-up game to a team that is more deep and talented.

• Like 1