Tennessee at Alabama on ESPN

Pancho

33 minutes ago, Deej said:

Bama losing to Tennessee would make aggy win look not so good.  Shame they already put it their Hall of Champions and made commerative t-shirts. 

And commemorative cups.  aggy loves the cups.

• Hook 'Em 2

you have to wonder about how a guy like Saban wants to go out.  does he want to coach until Bama falls to very good but not great?  Does he want to raise a trophy and drop the mic?  or is it coach until I really don't want to do this shit anymore?

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

You have to admit it is weird when one of the players is infused right there on the field.

Also holy shit both of these teams freaking suck.  We are going to run a train on the SEC.

You just be watching a different Texas team than me. The one I’ve watched this season is mediocre at best in a shit conference and will need to be a bit lucky to be bowl eligible.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You have to admit it is weird when one of the players is infused right there on the field.
Also holy shit both of these teams freaking suck.  We are going to run a train on the SEC.

Can I have some of the drugs you are on? We can’t even beat a really shitty ou team after being spotted a 21 point lead.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Can I have some of the drugs you are on? We can’t even beat a really shitty ou team after being spotted a 21 point lead.

Joining the SEC will immediately get us better players. That will make a difference on the field. We're going to be better in the SEC than we are now simply because we left the Big 12.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Joining the SEC will immediately get us better players. That will make a difference on the field. We're going to be better in the SEC than we are now simply because we left the Big 12.

Hey, I recognize this logic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I think I sense the sarcasm but in a way your statement is likely literally correct since it should help in recruiting, which is ultimately why we did it.

2 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Fans boo anytime there’s  an injured  volunteer.  Weird and shitty 

I think that's a callback to last week.  Ole Miss players were dropping like flies to waste time; Vol fans booed.  

The cigar thing was kind of cool.  Did y'all see the shot of the upper decks of the stadium after that started?  Looked like fog had rolled in.

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I think that's a callback to last week.  Ole Miss players were dropping like flies to waste time; Vol fans booed.  

The cigar thing was kind of cool.  Did y'all see the shot of the upper decks of the stadium after that started?  Looked like fog had rolled in.

I got back from buying popcorn for Mrs TDL and everyone was lighting up and I asked if they had done some fireworks or something.  It was cigar smoke.  
Im not going to lie, the whole atmosphere was pretty cool 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

On the OL?

Seriously?

Please explain.  I don't follow the recruit stuff that close (obviously) but I always hear that we sign a top 10 to top 5 class every year.  I assume there are OL signed in some of those classes, right?

So what I was getting at is recruiting won't be all that much better by joining the SEC; but we damn well need to get better at talent evaluation.

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Please explain.  I don't follow the recruit stuff that close (obviously) but I always hear that we sign a top 10 to top 5 class every year.  I assume there are OL signed in some of those classes, right?

So what I was getting at is recruiting won't be all that much better by joining the SEC; but we damn well need to get better at talent evaluation.

It's not certain, but Dennison has a point.

We will have more and better access to the football-talent-rich southeastern states.  Texas currently produces pretty poor OL and LB among other positions.  For better or worse, we recruit Texas pretty heavily.  I think our offense may be better for it, and defense worse.

Even as a newcomer divvying up the spoils, the Texas name will probably help us recruit better in SEC territory than about half the SEC.

10 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

What makes you think watching our team play that we are gonna run a train on anyone not named rice?

• Hook 'Em 1

Apparently, whoever wins this games lights em up.  But only this matchup

Didn’t it start when tenn fired butch Jones and the next yr he was on sabans staff. After they beat tenn he fired one up in revenge celebration. At least that’s the first time I heard of it.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Didn’t it start when tenn fired butch Jones and the next yr he was on sabans staff. After they beat tenn he fired one up in revenge celebration. At least that’s the first time I heard of it.

I really don’t know.  I’m just an observer here in the land of “roll tide” everything.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

It’s been around much longer than that and longer than Saban for sure. I don’t know the story though.