Game Week: Baylor

Wulaw Horn

Here’s hoping the team breaks the “Snatching defeat from jaws of victory” vibe they’ve had the last two games. 
Everyone seems to forget our wonderful Big 12 officials helped immensely with the snatching in both cases. Sure we can say the team never should have been in a position for the zebras to decide the outcome, but in both cases we were the lower ranked team, so...

3 hours ago, immamac said:

what the fuck is all this wishcasting for other B12 teams to lose so that a bad Texas team can play Oklahoma again in the CCG?

Baylor is a fucking pick 'em in Vegas, that's your measuring stick for what people think of Texas football right now. We are no better than the BAYLOR FUCKING BEARS. 

Sounds like we've gained some ground on them the last few years. 

• Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Does Sarkisian know something I don’t? I’ve been to a lot of games in Waco over the years, and loud crowd has never been my takeaway. 

11:00 am games at McLane Stadium scare ya to death. Never been to a game in Waco so I would have to defer to your experience here. Interesting that there is even side chatter about this (not talking about FCB bc fuck chip brown.) I get that Baylor’s ranked with only one loss and have a good shiny HC but hostile stadium environment? I mean I get Waco is creepy and all that which is why I don’t do Waco and many people just bolt after game asap. But McLane stadium being loud and intimidating? At 11:00 am? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

11:00 am games at McLane Stadium scare ya to death. Never been to a game in Waco so I would have to defer to your experience here. Interesting that there is even side chatter about this (not talking about FCB bc fuck chip brown.) I get that Baylor’s ranked with only one loss and have a good shiny HC but hostile stadium environment? I mean I get Waco is creepy and all that which is why I don’t do Waco and many people just bolt after game asap. But McLane stadium being loud and intimidating? At 11:00 am? 

It isn't. Their eaves probably hold in more sound than a regular 50,000 stadium would have, but it isn't loud.

I'm indifferent to Waco in general, but getting into and out of McLane kind of sucks. That's the most intimidating thing about it, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, markstanco said:

Got damn we have some fair weather fans.

Hey, man. I didn't burn all my gear and talk shit about the team I love so much to strangers. Instead of driving to see my 4th game of the season, I'm choosing to spend my time doing something that brings me joy instead of living and dying with each game.

I love and hate the fact that I spend all off-season debating on the kool-aid and if it's going to be real this time or a bunch of dry sand. I knew we had a likely, 7-5 to 9-3 team, but watching them lose still stings. I still have all my home game tickets and still plan on going to the games, but can I not spend one Saturday without the mind numbing pain of seeing my team get it's shit pushed in or run like a corvette missing 2 spark plugs?

Honestly, It's more of a mental health check for myself. Losing to OU and OSU the way we did was a physical beating that culminated in my reckless abandon for my own "life and limbs" having gotten so smashed I forgot where I was and what I was doing while playing disc golf in a local park. I was by myself and there's no reason for that just because our team lost, yet there I was. 

At the end of the day, I'm here, right?

We all are, and no one gives a shit if any poster does or does not go to all of the games. Respectfully, suck my fair weather dick, Mark.

• Hook 'Em 8

Hey, man. I didn't burn all my gear and talk shit about the team I love so much to strangers. Instead of driving to see my 4th game of the season, I'm choosing to spend my time doing something that brings me joy instead of living and dying with each game.
I love and hate the fact that I spend all off-season debating on the kool-aid and if it's going to be real this time or a bunch of dry sand. I knew we had a likely, 7-5 to 9-3 team, but watching them lose still stings. I still have all my home game tickets and still plan on going to the games, but can I not spend one Saturday without the mind numbing pain of seeing my team get it's shit pushed in or run like a corvette missing 2 spark plugs?
Honestly, It's more of a mental health check for myself. Losing to OU and OSU the way we did was a physical beating that culminated in my reckless abandon for my own "life and limbs" having gotten so smashed I forgot where I was and what I was doing while playing disc golf in a local park. I was by myself and there's no reason for that just because our team lost, yet there I was. 
At the end of the day, I'm here, right?
We all are, and no one gives a shit if any poster does or does not go to all of the games. Respectfully, suck my fair weather dick, Mark.

A simple I’m sorry would have been fine.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
13 hours ago, pch said:
The two best things about Waco are George's and Health Camp.  All else is folly. Fuck Baylor.

Health camp? Sounds like yet another cult compound

Health Camp is the Waco equivalent of the now departed Hut's on 6th street (😔).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, immamac said:

what the fuck is all this wishcasting for other B12 teams to lose so that a bad Texas team can play Oklahoma again in the CCG?

Baylor is a fucking pick 'em in Vegas, that's your measuring stick for what people think of Texas football right now. We are no better than the BAYLOR FUCKING BEARS. 

Baylor, who is the 2nd best team in the Big 12 right now.

Yeah, I would love to win the Big 12 and ruin OU's chance to get in the College Football Invitational.

We are good enough (or OU is bad enough), we could run all over OU on a given day.  We did for a half.

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Would great if Kitan could get his hamstring healthy -- I'm ready to see more hungry younger players get playing time.  

Fuckin' hit somebody Defense !!!

I have been impressed with the young corners in their limited time this year. Barron, Ibraheem, and Crawford all looked pretty good 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I have been impressed with the young corners in their limited time this year. Barron, Ibraheem, and Crawford all looked pretty good 

Ibraheem? The same guy who played one snap against Rice and had a season ending injury from that snap?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Ibraheem? The same guy who played one snap against Rice and had a season ending injury from that snap?

yeah he's been hurt all season.  But it was good to see Barron and Crawford get some run out there.  They are aggressive, and will make mistakes but they seem really solid

Anyone ever sat on the Berm in Waco?  Thinking about taking my kids to the game and saw those seats are cheapest and as GA tickets with 2 ADHD kids under 10 that might work best for them too if they can stretch, roll around, do cartwheels etc. 

Then again that's probably all a terrible idea.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Anyone ever sat on the Berm in Waco?  Thinking about taking my kids to the game and saw those seats are cheapest and as GA tickets with 2 ADHD kids under 10 that might work best for them too if they can stretch, roll around, do cartwheels etc. 

Then again that's probably all a terrible idea.

IT's pretty convenient for what you're describing.  Bring a towel/blanket to sit on, let the kids run around, etc.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Baylor, who is the 2nd best team in the Big 12 right now.

Yeah, I would love to win the Big 12 and ruin OU's chance to get in the College Football Invitational.
We are good enough (or OU is bad enough), we could run all over OU on a given day.  We did for a half.
Lets not forget that half would have been good enough for the win if the refs simply call an even game...never mind the lopsided way they actually did it that affected the final score.