2021 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Atlanta Braves

texashorne

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Interesting zone tonight. 

Altuve caught a bad strike earlier. It's gone both ways. 

It’s been pretty horseshit I think. Not just missed calls but also inconsistent. I don’t think anyone has been particularly favored. Interested to see the ump card tomorrow. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

Astros seem out of juice to me. Might as well call it here. 

Look who ended up being right. I’m telling you it’s just an innate feeling you get after watching a lot of baseball. Big first inning for the Braves, followed by Astros chipping away, and then a non competitive 2nd inning made it super obvious what was about to happen. There’s no sabermetrics for that.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, slorch said:

and just like that...the people were rewarded with baseball in November!!!

Let me just say I absolutely love, love love this team. They simply do not panic or ever quit. IMHO they are dangerous AF returning to Minute Maid with some confidence and the bats coming back to life.

Sure am gonna miss watching Correa do his magic at SS next year. That throw was phenomenal. I know he's not considered the best SS in the league by most, but he's one of the best I've ever seen.

Edited by wood

Oh, and that barehanded play by Bregman ... Buck (I think) said 'good play'. Are you fucking kidding me? That was a fantastic play. We see people try to barehand bouncing balls like that all the time, but we rarely see them field it cleanly and throw out someone like Ozzie getting his ass rapidly down the line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Joe Buck is notorious for never getting excited about anything (2007 giants-pats SB ending comes to mind big time), and he’s a shitty commentator to boot. Wish Gary Thorne or pre-Santa Maria Matt Vasgersian was on play by play. Gus Johnson might not know what’s going on but he’d at least bring some passion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Look who ended up being right. I’m telling you it’s just an innate feeling you get after watching a lot of baseball. Big first inning for the Braves, followed by Astros chipping away, and then a non competitive 2nd inning made it super obvious what was about to happen. There’s no sabermetrics for that.

wow, maybe helobious will start nailing all his predictions...

Stop Raising Your Hand GIF - Class Bart Simpson Raise Hand GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

huzzah GIF

Edited: I am also very happy that I don't have to resort to watching MACtion!1!! tomorrow night.

Those are some of the best football games on TV though.  Not a bunch of prima donnas prancing for the cameras.

1 hour ago, TOR said:

Those are some of the best football games on TV though.  Not a bunch of prima donnas prancing for the cameras.

You enjoy watching the 108th-ranked Ball State Cardinals do battle with the 122nd-ranked Akron Zips, and the 105th-ranked Miami Redsomethings play the 121st-ranked Ohio Bobcats then.  

I'm gonna watch the World Series.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You enjoy watching the 108th-ranked Ball State Cardinals do battle with the 122nd-ranked Akron Zips, and the 105th-ranked Miami Redsomethings play the 121st-ranked Ohio Bobcats then.  

I mean, it's Tuesday.  What else am I going to do besides browse obscure Dutch pr0N?

Also you said ball.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

MACtion is a gambler's paradise!

On 11/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, Beau Vine said:

Hopefully Sark is watching and calling any 3+ year starting offensive lineman to get their ass down here in January. 

• Hook 'Em 1