NFL Week 7 thread

shadow_operative2.0

Just now, Dr Fear said:

I'm starting to legitimately wonder if Wentz is shaving points.

I think it has to do with what some Eagles insiders said about him (whether it is true or bullshit or petty) that he doesn't like being told to adjust his game. Essentially he wants to play his way. 

35 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Why wouldn’t the ball be placed where the SF player touched it? That would be about the 17. By booting it into the end zone, he gained three yards of field position.

This is a good question. I still don't understand what happened on that play. You're right. What would happen if a punter dropped one on the five yard line and the receiving team ran up and kicked it through the end zone? I don't think a safely touchback would be awarded in that circumstance.  

I get the whole "momentum from the kick after the muff" rule, but that wasn't what caused it to go into the end zone. It was the fact that he fucking kicked it into the endzone after he muffed it. Had he not kicked it, it would have died before getting to the goal line.  

If not a safety, then put it back where he first touched it, but a touchback doesn't make sense.

EDIT: corrected my brainfart in first paragraph

Edited by crimsonlonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

sorry bud... 

I went 1/3 today so was trying to make up for it, didn't even know the weather was gonna be like this and I see it start and damn there's no way they bust 40 with good D, no O, and damn rain. 

But then boom

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

I went 1/3 today so was trying to make up for it, didn't even know the weather was gonna be like this and I see it start and damn there's no way they bust 40 with good D, no O, and damn rain. 

But then boom

the ONLY NFL bet I have made anytime in the last few years was the Buffalo game about 3 years ago where they got a surprise 18+ inches of snow overnight. 

No one in vegas was up to realize that games O/U (which was in the 40s) wasnt gonna be close to that.  I kept calling my guy from 9am onward... he had his phone on silent and never got the call...    even like 5 mins before the game the line only dropped to something like 38.  

I was sooooo pissed becuase that was free fucking money

Shanahan took the 49'ers into the 4th qtr of Superbowl LIV leading 20-10. They lost that game to Mahomes, fell back to 6-10 last year, and are staring at a 2-4 start this season with their only wins against the Lions and Eagles (combined 2-12) . Quick fall from being the league's wonderboy. Injuries have killed them, but thats the NFL for you. 

16 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Holy crap the weather shots from Football Night in America for the game tonite. Getting up to 40 mph winds. I go with the Colts on this one. Even though both teams have practiced all week with wet balls and such. 

Ironman california was scheduled for that morning and they cancelled the whole race due to the insane weather in the area 

• Hook 'Em 1

More Jets QBs. 

With Zach Wilson sidelined at least two games with a sprained knee, the New York Jets secured quarterback insurance on Monday. They reacquired Joe Flacco in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, a source said. It cost the Jets a 2022 sixth-round conditional pick, which can improve to a fifth-round pick based on playing time for Flacco, who spent the 2020 season as the Jets' backup under the previous coaching staff.

Mike White, who replaced Wilson in the second quarter of Sunday's 54-13 loss to the New England Patriots, is poised to start Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals. But Flacco, 36, a former Super Bowl MVP with the Baltimore Ravens, provides insurance if White gets hurt or struggles.

White has no starting experience; his NFL debut was Sunday. The former Dallas Cowboys 2018 fifth-round pick completed 20 of 32 passes for 202 yards, with one touchdown and two interceptions.

The Jets' other option was to promote journeyman Josh Johnson from the practice squad, but he hasn't played in a game since 2018.

Wilson, who has a grade-2 PCL sprain, is expected to miss two to four weeks. Coach Robert Saleh said there's a "possibility" that Wilson could play Nov. 14 against the Buffalo Bills.