NFL Week 7 thread

shadow_operative2.0

I would be curious who was doing all the wheeling and dealing for Arizona. They got Watt in the offseason. Picked up Ertz for a 5th rounder. I can't really give Cards too much credit for Hopkins though he was a stellar pick up because BoB is an idiot and traded Hopkins for a pack of Mountain Dew and a chin dimple grooming kit. But whatever. 

Cards may be old at some positions but they are built to win now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We ain't come here to play school. I think Cardale and Haskins hurt Fields a bit in the draft which is unfortunate because Fields is not at all like those two. 

Have you watched Fields in this game? I think it’s fairly obvious why he dropped. He’s got 2 fumbles and 2ints so far and the 4th just started.

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

Have you watched Fields in this game? I think it’s fairly obvious why he dropped. He’s got 2 fumbles and 2ints so far and the 4th just started.

I have seen him play. Watched a bit today. I thought the idea was to sit him like Mahomes for a year. Which doesn't mean he sucks. But ya, right now, the situation he is in is bad. And he should protect the ball better definitely. 

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fields is pure ass crack. Chicago cosch needs to be fired 

What does he have to work with?  Chicago isn’t exactly flush with o line, WR or RB.   Agreed the coach sucks but red rockets isn’t coming in to save the season.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

What does he have to work with?  Chicago isn’t exactly flush with o line, WR or RB.   Agreed the coach sucks but red rockets isn’t coming in to save the season.  

I blame their GM. I do think Fields will wind up being special. In a good way. Stafford is living his best life right now. Lots of people bitched about how Stafford wasn't really all that good.  It turns out that shit... it was Detroit and not Stafford. Chicago owners need to take a long hard look at themselves. JMO. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

Detroit gave it everything they had. Liked how hard they played for Campbell they just don't have much talent at all. Hats off to them for at least bringing a fight unlike several other teams today. 

Despite their record, they aren't the worst team and Campbell is what they need right now. Goff is just...sigh...but they can overcome it. They need to make a trade or some shit for Minshew. JMO. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Holy crap the weather shots from Football Night in America for the game tonite. Getting up to 40 mph winds. I go with the Colts on this one. Even though both teams have practiced all week with wet balls and such. 

Blame the DougO curse. I need exactly one yard from Eli Mitchell to win my fantasy game. I expect it will either be cancelled or Mitchel will get struck by lightning in the backfield just before the first snap.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, DougO said:

Blame the DougO curse. I need exactly one yard from Eli Mitchell to win my fantasy game. I expect it will either be cancelled or Mitchel will get struck by lightning in the backfield just before the first snap.

I expect this to be a running gif/meme for this game…

F803CA37-05A1-40A5-8803-08CB20C30690.gif

E3A8F070-4405-46D2-AD34-D72B05BE23E5.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Holy crap the weather shots from Football Night in America for the game tonite. Getting up to 40 mph winds. I go with the Colts on this one. Even though both teams have practiced all week with wet balls and such. 

I picked the wrong week to start Wentz…

…and a random Indy WR I had never heard of because I have 5 players on byes.

Fortunately I’m getting crushed anyway. 

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Sunday Night NFL Pregame 

Chris Simms keeps talking about the Bangles

Joe Burrow and the Bangles this, the Bangles that. 

My goodness that Jersey accent of his. 👀

I love Chris but if you took the word "that" out of his vocabulary he'd have some issues. Like his show he does with Mike Florio but every couple of words is "that." Example (me just paraphrasing): "Aaron Rodgers is amazing and all THAT. He is certainly the leader of the team and all THAT."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I picked the wrong week to start Wentz…

…and a random Indy WR I had never heard of because I have 5 players on byes.

Fortunately I’m getting crushed anyway. 

Sorry to hear that. Likely gonna be a ground game. But Wentz is back with Reich and I think his stronger body frame might give him an advantage tonite against Jimmy G. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I would be curious who was doing all the wheeling and dealing for Arizona. They got Watt in the offseason. Picked up Ertz for a 5th rounder. I can't really give Cards too much credit for Hopkins though he was a stellar pick up because BoB is an idiot and traded Hopkins for a pack of Mountain Dew and a chin dimple grooming kit. But whatever. 

Cards may be old at some positions but they are built to win now. 

Steve Keim

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Where’s the MUD!  Although very early, it appears the SF grounds crew has its shit in one bag.  Looks solid despite the weather …

They must have hired a new supe. There have been pac 12 title games there that looked like they were playing on a sod farm that had already been stripped. This is in fantastic shape. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I blame their GM. I do think Fields will wind up being special. In a good way. Stafford is living his best life right now. Lots of people bitched about how Stafford wasn't really all that good.  It turns out that shit... it was Detroit and not Stafford. Chicago owners need to take a long hard look at themselves. JMO. 

The Bears’ owners (McCaskeys) are and always have been cheap. They need to sell the team if the Bears ever want to get back to the Super Bowl.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Stunns38 said:

The Bears’ owners (McCaskeys) are and always have been cheap. They need to sell the team if the Bears ever want to get back to the Super Bowl.

Exactly. Good point. Kmart isn't going to win it. I get the whole money ball stuff but you actually need brains behind that if you want to win something. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Where’s the MUD!  Although very early, it appears the SF grounds crew has its shit in one bag.  Looks solid despite the weather …

11 minutes ago, pops said:

They must have hired a new supe. There have been pac 12 title games there that looked like they were playing on a sod farm that had already been stripped. This is in fantastic shape. 

All day, we were promised a Mud Bowl for the ages. This is what we were expecting:

stripes1981-1570.jpg

Instead, we've got good, clean fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1