Do we have a McAullife vs. Younkin thread?

Gil Bang

Once the Dems lose this, the Rs will crank the critical race and school boards to a 11 to get the suburban dems scared and vote R, seems to be working now and this is their test case. The Koch $ has some focus groups and knows how to turn the right buttons    

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Once the Dems lose this, the Rs will crank the critical race and school boards to a 11 to get the suburban dems scared and vote R, seems to be working now and this is their test case. The Koch $ has some focus groups and knows how to turn the right buttons    

If only democrats had groups that funneled money, and propaganda to state races around the country....  siiiiiiiiigh......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s not really about education, it’s about parents yelling at school boards about mask mandates and “critical race theory” - I’m not convinced this will translate to real votes, but we’ll see 

It's MS-13 all over again!!! 

17 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s not really about education, it’s about parents yelling at school boards about mask mandates and “critical race theory” - I’m not convinced this will translate to real votes, but we’ll see 

The GOP is planting the seed that every parent should have a say about anything taught to their precious little snowflakes.   If it "offends" their sense of self-worth or otherwise challenges the shit they are taught at home or church, they'll want it out.   I'm trying to think what could get taught in a high school literature class is nothing was offensive to someone.  

We really are at the point where 1+1=3 and the sun revolves around the earth because the Republican idiots are so into contrarianism and God.

Roller skates. Fake race bait bullshit confirmed. 

https://lincolnproject.us/statement-from-the-lincoln-project-5/

“The Lincoln Project has run advertisements highlighting the hate unleashed in Charlottesville as well as Glenn Youngkin’s continued failure to denounce Donald Trump’s ‘very fine people on both sides.’ We will continue to draw this contrast in broadcast videos, on our social media platforms, and at Youngkin rallies.

“Today’s demonstration was our way of reminding Virginians what happened in Charlottesville four years ago, the Republican Party’s embrace of those values, and Glenn Youngkin’s failure to condemn it.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Roller skates. Fake race bait bullshit confirmed. 

https://lincolnproject.us/statement-from-the-lincoln-project-5/

“The Lincoln Project has run advertisements highlighting the hate unleashed in Charlottesville as well as Glenn Youngkin’s continued failure to denounce Donald Trump’s ‘very fine people on both sides.’ We will continue to draw this contrast in broadcast videos, on our social media platforms, and at Youngkin rallies.

“Today’s demonstration was our way of reminding Virginians what happened in Charlottesville four years ago, the Republican Party’s embrace of those values, and Glenn Youngkin’s failure to condemn it.

Christ that tired old lie about fine people on both sides of the issue. Creative editing was rampant in that event. The comment he made was there are many fine people on both sides of the issue about the removal of the statues. It had nothing to do with the nazis or folks opposing the Nazis. Yeah democrats are fine upstanding, and honest people who just keep passing a lie along because it suits their purposes. 

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

I live in DC, so unfortunately I'm exposed to this race.  I don't do much cloak room so my take on this could be terrible.

Having said that, I don't know who the fuck is running McAullife's campaign, but it seems like they suck.  Youngkin runs mostly positive feel good ads and he has steered clear of anything Trumpian.  The McAullife ads never say what McAullife's vision is and only try to scream Youngkin=Trump.  Youngkin does not come off as Trump like in any way.  They should attack  a different way.

Back in March or April,  I wondered why Republicans were even trying because  I didn't think they had a chance.  McAullife probably wins, but his campaign is awful and he really fucked up in the debate where he said something like he didn't want parents involved in school decisions.  Youngkin's  campaign  has used that sound bite masterfully and, if he wins, that will be a big reason.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

McAullife probably wins, but his campaign is awful and he really fucked up in the debate where he said something like he didn't want parents involved in school decisions. 

Yep, I'm not following the race but heard one short podcast about it and this seemed to be a gaffe for the ages. 

37 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I live in DC, so unfortunately I'm exposed to this race.  I don't do much cloak room so my take on this could be terrible.

Having said that, I don't know who the fuck is running McAullife's campaign, but it seems like they suck.  Youngkin runs mostly positive feel good ads and he has steered clear of anything Trumpian.  The McAullife ads never say what McAullife's vision is and only try to scream Youngkin=Trump.  Youngkin does not come off as Trump like in any way.  They should attack  a different way.

Back in March or April,  I wondered why Republicans were even trying because  I didn't think they had a chance.  McAullife probably wins, but his campaign is awful and he really fucked up in the debate where he said something like he didn't want parents involved in school decisions.  Youngkin's  campaign  has used that sound bite masterfully and, if he wins, that will be a big reason.

The closeness of the race is a testament to how big a POS McAuliffe is

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PhillyD said:

Yep, didn't give him much of a chance, but McAuliffe is such a typical party hack.  His education remarks just illustrated how out of touch he is with average folks with children in public schools.  Youngkin is a long time Va. citizen, and a political outsider.

People are tired of political candidates that have been pushed/funded on them from what they consider outside the state sources.  The democrats circling the wagons issue with black face and really callous remarks on abortion from the current Va. gov. have been a factor as well, probably a 3-4 point factor for the republicans.  They were seen as hypocritical by many.

The guy who should be running for the republicans now is Kirk Cox.  Va. native, speaker of the house for several terms, a former teacher, a guy who knew the political game, but was focussed on running the state, not being a political party hack. He just wasn't a flashy, exciting candidate, and he just never got enough traction.

Those types of candidates are the ones who I wish were our elected officials, regardless of the side of the aisle they come from.  People who looked at public service as a duty, and serving the people, and not a party were their goals.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Need that idiot mcauliffe to win because if Youngkin wins, the gop will try to use this playbook in races all over the country.

Well if they can get dems all over the country to nominate insider sleazeballs whose main talent is bundling and cleaning foreign political donations I’d say it’s a pretty solid strategy 

• Haha 3

Those NoVa suburbs are full of people making good money, who want good schools and safe streets. They’re not natural GOP voters but they aren’t ready to fight culture wars from the left or right beyond putting “we believe in…” signs in the front yard. They won’t go red, but if Youngkin can get them a bit less blue by positioning himself as sane on things like advanced education and safety in schools, he stand a shot to pull it out. He’s running as a nice-guy Republican who you might see at a NoVa youth soccer game.

It’s fine to say on message boards that parents shouldn’t have a say in what gets taught in schools, but shit— talk about being out of touch with what wins elections. All you have to say is “schools need involved parents, they need parents to take part in the educational process and we need a healthy debate over how to best prepare our children for the 21st century knowledge economy. What we won’t accept is political extremists threatening our teachers and trying to ban books.”

Shit ain’t hard. 

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Need that idiot mcauliffe to win because if Youngkin wins, the gop will try to use this playbook in races all over the country.

What playbook is that? I haven’t been following that closely. Most of the focus is on McAuliffe screwups. 

• Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Christ that tired old lie about fine people on both sides of the issue. Creative editing was rampant in that event. The comment he made was there are many fine people on both sides of the issue about the removal of the statues. It had nothing to do with the nazis or folks opposing the Nazis. Yeah democrats are fine upstanding, and honest people who just keep passing a lie along because it suits their purposes. 

yes, the people marching in the group with neo nazis and white supremacists were just there to show their support for old robert e lee, not that they were also neo nazis or white supremacists.

right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, elfenix said:

yes, the people marching in the group with neo nazis and white supremacists were just there to show their support for old robert e lee, not that they were also neo nazis or white supremacists.

right.

exhibit A right here.  Howz about you just do some research . They actually played the full video clip on the floor of Congress.  The comment had nothing to do with the Neo Nazis. It was a direct response to the issue surrounding people who were for and against the removal of a Civil war monument for many reasons.  But hey keep your lie in the frontal lobe of your brain all you'd like. Just because someone opposed the removal has not a damn thing to do with whether they were racist.  You need to keep it simple to play to your ignorant base though so play on sparky.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

exhibit A right here.  Howz about you just do some research . They actually played the full video clip on the floor of Congress.  The comment had nothing to do with the Neo Nazis. It was a direct response to the issue surrounding people who were for and against the removal of a Civil war monument for many reasons.  But hey keep your lie in the frontal lobe of your brain all you'd like. Just because someone opposed the removal has not a damn thing to do with whether they were racist.  You need to keep it simple to play to your ignorant base though so play on sparky.

here's the transcript.  it doesn't help trump.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-charlottesville-transcript-20170815-story.html

if you find yourself marching with neo nazis and white supremacists, and you don't immediately run the other fucking way, well, you know. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You have gone crazy. You used to be a halfway decent poster. It is really sad.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, elfenix said:

here's the transcript.  it doesn't help trump.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-charlottesville-transcript-20170815-story.html

if you find yourself marching with neo nazis and white supremacists, and you don't immediately run the other fucking way, well, you know. 

Once again you use false information. The comment he made was made during  a press conference talks  specifically about the removal of the statues and that many people are on both sides of the issue. I love the reaching for shit thing you're trying here. But remember the shit you're reaching for is gonna be all over your hands.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
57 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

He never was 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
56 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh no... I'm no fan of the guy, hr did exactly what I wanted of him. defeat Hillary. I watched the clip the first time it was played when he made it, and watched it again when they played it on the floor of congress. His comment was in no way an endorsement of Neo nazis. He was speaking to the general comment that many people were on both sides of the issue. I was opposed to the removal at first, but changed my position as I thought thru the issue  

I am in no way shape or form a neo nazi, nor are the vast vast majority of the people who opposed the removal for many reasons (which is who he was speaking  about.  You can read all kinds of things into comments when you have a hatred that just causes blind, thoughtless criticism.