The Terrace - early 90s Austin venue

zlavydra

I was listening to Faith No More recently and remembered that I had seen them on the Angel Dust tour in Austin in early 1993.  I thought the show had been held at the Austin Opry House, where I saw a few other concerts from 1989-1993 (RHCP, Ministry, etc.).  However, it appears to have been at a place called the Terrace.  Anyone remember that place?

• Like 1

Here's a list of sets played there over the years: https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=The+Terrace+austin+

You can search by band/year as well.  I think I saw Blues Traveler there when visiting friends in '94 or '95.  But I can't picture where it was.  There was that big hotel complex down on South Congress (I think the State House was built on top of it) also called The Terrace Hotel.  But not sure if they were both the same thing.  

Looks like the Terrace venue closed in May 1995 after Toad the Wet Sprocket finished their encore.  Not to be confused with the Toadies who closed down Liberty Lunch fiver years later.  

I was listening to Faith No More recently and remembered that I had seen them on the Angel Dust tour in Austin in early 1993.  I thought the show had been held at the Austin Opry House, where I saw a few other concerts from 1989-1993 (RHCP, Ministry, etc.).  However, it appears to have been at a place called the Terrace.  Anyone remember that place?

Can’t help you with the venue (I moved to Austin in 1995 and my first concert there was Fugazi at Liberty Lunch). But I saw FNM on that same tour and is still one of my favorite memories. It was in a former krogers turned club called The Unicorn in a shitty part of Houston. Kyuss and Manhole opened.

15 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Can’t help you with the venue (I moved to Austin in 1995 and my first concert there was Fugazi at Liberty Lunch). But I saw FNM on that same tour and is still one of my favorite memories. It was in a former krogers turned club called The Unicorn in a shitty part of Houston. Kyuss and Manhole opened.

I vaguely remember Babes in Toyland opening the show in Austin, and Setlist.fm says Kyuss played as well.  The more I think about it, that must have been the Austin Opry House venue operating under a different name.  Also saw FNM my freshman year at the Backroom on the Real Thing tour.

3 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

Some info

LINK

My brother used to live right behind it in those apartments on Music Lane, nice area (well used to be anyway)

"The old ballroom has not been a club since the ‘90s, then it was The Terrace." - well, there ya go.  Thanks!

• Hook 'Em 1