looking for welder in Austin - small job

i have a floor lamp that had an oversized shade - and a very tall harp (picture below) to hold the shade way high above the place where the bulb sits. 

i replaced the shade with a much smaller one - but now because the harp is so tall, the shade sits too high.

so I am looking to hire/pay someone - this could be a shop, or even someone who has the gear at home, whatever - to cut this harp down and then reattach it to make it about 1/3 of its original height

i have looked and looked for replacement harps but because of the unusual shape of its attachment to the lamp, have not found anything.  i have called a couple lamp repair shops, no dice - and looked online for welders - this job seems way too small IMO

anyone have any ideas of someone/somewhere in Austin area who would do something like this?  

here is the harp - I would want the middle section - from the top red tab to the bottom red tab - cut out, and then reattached.  it doesn't matter what it looks like at the end, as it will be covered by the shade

IMG_LH2898.jpg

Just now, idigTexas said:

Why wouldn't you just buy a new lamp harp?  They are inexpensive, come in a variety of sizes, and if you are willing to venture into a Lowes or Home Depot, you can probably have this project completed in an hour or so.  

right, I have tried that, I cannot find a harp that fits - the part where it attaches to the lamp itself - the round part at the bottom (not sure what that is called) is not standard and has a piece that screws it onto the lamp fixture.  and it is a unique and expensive lamp so replacing the lamp itself isn't a desired option either

Just now, Jack Straw said:

right, I have tried that, I cannot find a harp that fits - the part where it attaches to the lamp itself - the round part at the bottom (not sure what that is called) is not standard and has a piece that screws it onto the lamp fixture.  and it is a unique and expensive lamp so replacing the lamp itself isn't a desired option either

Ah.  If you are in Austin, I could at least consult this place or one offering similar services.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

does your local high school have a metal shop?  That's a student-level project.  Find some pimply high school incel and slip him a $20.

^ 2nd best answer.

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I would just cut it with a hack saw in the middle, lower it to the height you want, use some JB weld to bond it together the overlap, wrap in electrical tape/black duct tape and call it a day.

^ 1st best answer.

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I would just cut it with a hack saw in the middle, lower it to the height you want, use some JB weld to bond it together the overlap, wrap in electrical tape/black duct tape and call it a day.

A couple of hose clamps would be better than electrical tape