Texas man charged with murder after shooting someone in a car outside his home. He told police it was self-defense

purplepride95

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Man, whatever and wherever that "heat" comes from, it comes mostly from the jury of your peers from your county.  Amber Guyger got nailed because most people in Dallas County are reasonable people of good will.  Same for the Balch Springs cop.  And the people in Minnesota with their blast-happy cops and Derek Chauvin.

I can't say that I know the people of Caldwell County well, but they are the ones causing the consternation here.

I do.  For the most part, they are people who choose to live in a soulless, treeless, otherwise-undeveloped flood plain simply because there are too many brown-skinned people in San Marcos.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can't remember who the Shaggy poster was, but I pissed them off when I told them to grow the fuck up and do something to get a better job and live in a better neighborhood. They tried arguing that they had a well-paying job and lived in an incredible neighborhood and we're like "either your extremely mentally ill and inventing boogey men in your head or you're living in a shit neighborhood and hearing stuff going on at all hours of the night."

I have an acquaintance that brought a sidearm to a children's birthday party and at other times he would be armed just driving between work and home between Pflugerville and Round Rock.  You have to be a serious manbaby to be that scared in your life.  He's tried to pull the "well the cops aren't always there" and my response is "no, but when they show up and see your scruffy-looking tactical carrying ass, they're liable to shoot you first and ask questions later."

I'm just a "liberal, hippy, californian", but fuck, if I need a gun to go someplace...well, I don't go to that place.  And, back in my foreclosure days (when I went to VERY rough neighborhoods), I took a hired off duty cop with me for security.  Because shooting someone is something that I really, really, really don't want to do.  And I own a few guns. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can't remember who the Shaggy poster was, but I pissed them off when I told them to grow the fuck up and do something to get a better job and live in a better neighborhood. They tried arguing that they had a well-paying job and lived in an incredible neighborhood and we're like "either your extremely mentally ill and inventing boogey men in your head or you're living in a shit neighborhood and hearing stuff going on at all hours of the night."

I have an acquaintance that brought a sidearm to a children's birthday party and at other times he would be armed just driving between work and home between Pflugerville and Round Rock.  You have to be a serious manbaby to be that scared in your life.  He's tried to pull the "well the cops aren't always there" and my response is "no, but when they show up and see your scruffy-looking tactical carrying ass, they're liable to shoot you first and ask questions later."

My dad carries at HEB, because you know there's gonna be an old timey Western style shootout over some fucking briskets and tortilla chips. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

we have a screen front door in addition to the solid wood one, and on the 11 days in Texas when the weather is perfect, we leave the wooden door open to get a nice breeze through the house, as we have a fully screened back patio with french doors we also open. kinda gives our whole living space an indoor/outdoor type feel.

anyway, my dad gave me a lecture about not shutting and locking the solid front door, or if i wanted to just leave the screen door, then we needed to bring a pistol and store it in the living room where we could get to it because anybody could just walk up and get into the house with just the screen door!

we live in Allandale.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I can only imagine Slorch's sadness at learning that a woman DIDN'T defend her home by killing a 7 year old this Halloween, just pointed her gun at him. HE WAS ON HER PROPERTY!!!!

BUDA, Texas (KTRK) -- Trick-or-treating turned into a nightmare for a 7-year-old when a woman pointed a gun at the child.

On Sunday, Oct. 31 at 7:20 p.m. police in Buda, Texas said officers responded to reports of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

At the scene, police learned 35-year-old Monica Ann Bradford was yelling at children who were walking outside her residence trick-or-treating.

While she yelled at the kids, at one point, Bradford left her home with a loaded gun and pointed it at a 7-year-old, police said.

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I can only imagine Slorch's sadness at learning that a woman DIDN'T defend her home by killing a 7 year old this Halloween, just pointed her gun at him. HE WAS ON HER PROPERTY!!!!

BUDA, Texas (KTRK) -- Trick-or-treating turned into a nightmare for a 7-year-old when a woman pointed a gun at the child.

On Sunday, Oct. 31 at 7:20 p.m. police in Buda, Texas said officers responded to reports of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

At the scene, police learned 35-year-old Monica Ann Bradford was yelling at children who were walking outside her residence trick-or-treating.

While she yelled at the kids, at one point, Bradford left her home with a loaded gun and pointed it at a 7-year-old, police said.

Aaaaaand she looks exactly like you would expect (assuming they made her take off her MAGA hat for booking) ... 

rawImage.jpg

2 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

That psycho should get her house tp'ed and egged.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Js1 said:

My dad carries at HEB, because you know there's gonna be an old timey Western style shootout over some fucking briskets and tortilla chips. 

Well if one happens and you are without a weapon, guess who goes home with no brisket or chips?  Or worse, has to go to Randall’s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the kid walked onto her property (say, he crossed her lawn instead of using the sidewalk), AFTER NIGHTFALL......that would be a good shooting, right? Per several of the responses to this thread and on other social media, you have 1) a person on your property without your permission 2) after dark.  Shoot to kill.  It's the only reasonable option.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:
27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If the kid walked onto her property (say, he crossed her lawn instead of using the sidewalk), AFTER NIGHTFALL......that would be a good shooting, right? Per several of the responses to this thread and on other social media, you have 1) a person on your property without your permission 2) after dark.  Shoot to kill.  It's the only reasonable option.

I mean if the kiddo’s dressed as a zombie, hell yeah.

Double tap to be sure.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

• 1 month later...

If you don’t, you could be knifed by a gay Sharia law loving illegal alien. Who can take that chance?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:22 PM, Brisketexan said:

Yoshihiro Hattori (服部 剛丈, Hattori Yoshihiro, November 22, 1975 – October 17, 1992, often referred to as Yoshi Hattori[1]) was a Japanese student on an exchange program to the United States who was shot to death in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The shooting happened when Hattori, on his way to a Halloween party, went to the wrong house by mistake. Property owner Rodney Peairs (/prz/)[2] fatally shot Hattori, thinking that he was trespassing with criminal intent. The shooting and Peairs' acquittal received worldwide attention.

Yoshihiro_Hattori_in_San_Francisco.jpg

• Rage+1 2

• 1 month later...

Grand July issued a first degree murder indictment. Hoping he's found guilty as fuck. 

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/caldwell-county-man-indicted-on-murder-charge-after-man-shot-killed-while-inside-parked-car/

CALDWELL COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — A man has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge in the death of an Austin man who was shot and killed while parked outside a Martindale home in October 2021.

Caldwell County District Attorney Fred Weber confirmed to KXAN a grand jury met Wednesday morning and issued the indictment against Terry Turner, 65.

• Hook 'Em 3

Grand July issued a first degree murder indictment. Hoping he's found guilty as fuck. 

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/caldwell-county-man-indicted-on-murder-charge-after-man-shot-killed-while-inside-parked-car/

CALDWELL COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — A man has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge in the death of an Austin man who was shot and killed while parked outside a Martindale home in October 2021.

Caldwell County District Attorney Fred Weber confirmed to KXAN a grand jury met Wednesday morning and issued the indictment against Terry Turner, 65.

Go read the KVUE version of that story. It describes how many warrants the cops executed in investigating the VICTIM (several) vs the shooter (just one). They subjected the victim to toxicology tests….but not the shooter.
The second hideous story is how law enforcement handled this. They devoted all of their efforts to trying to hang a crime on the victim, so they could avoid having to do so to the shooter….their pal.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2