The "I'm Cooking for a lot of People" Thread

dcbc

I've been pretty good at guessing at this in the past, but I see it asked from time to time.  I figured I'd get the collective thought on tips for cooking for a large group. 

We're thinking about having a Memorial Day Barbecue.  I've got a list of about thirty families.  Since it's Memorial Day Weekend, I figure about half of them will definitely already have other plans.  So, if that's true, that's about (maybe) fifty people.  I'm guessing two packer briskets, 6 racks of ribs, two whole chickens (and a Coke), and a bunch of sausage.  Maybe a pork butt or a third brisket.  Ask for sides and booze.  

My smoker setup is a 22.5" WSM and a Pit Barrel Cooker.  Briskets will go on the WSM the night before.  Will be done in the morning and in the oven to warm (140ish) throughout the day.  I probably can sneak a butt on the WSM overnight, too (not sure about a third brisket if I go that route.  Will start the ribs on the WSM when I pull the beef/pork.  Can  put the ribs on the PBC if I'm short on time.  I've started doing a lot of baby backs lately and can have them done in 2.5 hours if need be.  Can wrap and put in the oven to keep them nice and tender.  Chicken in the PBC.  Should take about 4 hours.  Will add sausage toward the end or to whatever smoker has room.

Weber Kettle will be available for overflow and for hamburger patties and hotdogs for the kids if need be.

Thoughts?

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

Just now, B1G said:

Get a bigger smoker, more meat and lots of booze.

Thought about that Klose that's for sale on the other thread, but I'm more of a ignore it kind of person.  So another WSM would probably be my go to.  Think I can do it with what's on hand though.

Wait until you have a final list of attendees before you decide on how much meat and what. I threw some pretty big BBQ parties for 4-5 years in a row that I documented on the old board. You need to account for kids and adults differently and you may want to grill up some hot dogs for kids. I don't think you will need 3 briskets. I used to do 2 briskets, 2 butts, 6 racks of spares, sausage, and 4 chickens + hot dogs for about 150-175 people and we never ran out. Lots of sides (and booze) of course, too. Chafing dishes were a big help. 

I'm trying to work out logistics for a similar venture that I mentioned in the other thread. I think I have a pretty good plan. 

Also if you didn't see it in the other thread, Lowes is having a sale until 5/23 on Royal Oak briquettes. $4/bag for a 15.4 lb bag. Try it out before you buy in bulk. Some people had issues with it last year. It seemed to cook pretty well for me. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Wait until you have a final list of attendees before you decide on how much meat and what. I threw some pretty big BBQ parties for 4-5 years in a row that I documented on the old board. You need to account for kids and adults differently and you may want to grill up some hot dogs for kids. I don't think you will need 3 briskets. I used to do 2 briskets, 2 butts, 6 racks of spares, sausage, and 4 chickens + hot dogs for about 150-175 people and we never ran out. Lots of sides (and booze) of course, too. Chafing dishes were a big help. 

I'm trying to work out logistics for a similar venture that I mentioned in the other thread. I think I have a pretty good plan. 

Also if you didn't see it in the other thread, Lowes is having a sale until 5/23 on Royal Oak briquettes. $4/bag for a 15.4 lb bag. Try it out before you buy in bulk. Some people had issues with it last year. It seemed to cook pretty well for me. 

Thanks.  Got time.  I'm thinking 2 briskets is enough.  Hitting Lowe's up on that Stubbs  Royal Oak briquets Dog Shit. 

Edited by dcbc

I'd like to bounce this off of some peoples. Especially anyone who has had experience serving in this kind of setting. And maybe I'm mostly writing this to get it out of my head and somewhere that I can read it later. 

I have a decent plan in mind but totally new at this so if anyone has feedback or thoughts I'd like to hear it. I will have 4 helpers. We are serving just brisket and pulled pork in terms of bbq. Also hot dogs, chips and bottled water. 

Helper 1 - Takes orders. Writes them down on 1 of these along with name (https://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-2-part-green-and-white-carbonless-guest-check-book-case/105GC70002.html). Adds up order on calculator, accepts payment via Free Square or cash. Hands 1 receipt to customer, other to Helper 2. 

Helper 2 - Order runner/server. Tells the rest of us what to put in the damn boat/tray. Asks customer if they want a bun for their pork. Helps make sure everything is included in boat, customer gets everything they ordered. 

Helper 3 - Pork guy. This guy is responsible for shredding shoulders when we get low. Shredded meat in a big ass foil pan, will keep it covered with foil when not being served. He will have gloves and tongs. If customer does not want pork in a bun, will wrap in deli paper and butcher paper. If they do want a bun, he puts it on a bun and into a boat. 

Helper 4 - Brisket guy (me). Slices the brisket to order. Mix of 1/2 flat and 1/2 fatty. Directly into deli paper and then wrapped in butcher paper. Into boat. 

Helper 5 - Hot dog guy. Easy. Grills dogs, puts them in covered foil pan when done, makes sure we don't run out and puts them in bun and into boat when they're on an order. 

Sound ok? 

Open question - I plan on serving pickles, onions and white bread for anyone who wants it. Should I leave this shit out on a condom mint table? We already plan to have one for mustard, bbq sauce, silverware, napkins, etc. Or do I have the order taker/runner ask them if they want this stuff and slap it into their boat if they do? 

baboon: If you're already serving to order, then I'd ask folks if they want bread and toss 2 pieces of wonder bread onto the boat if they say yes.   Pickles and onions (and jalapenos too if it were me serving) go on the condiment table.

I'd say you probably have enough help.  Maybe even more than enough, plenty of restaurants/catering gigs don't have as many folks working the line as you're proposing.  How many are you planning to serve?

8 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Royal oak charcoal is fucking complete and total dog shit. In fact, using dog shit in your smoker would probably get you a better result.

Were you the one on the old board that couldn't get your temps up over 250 or something using it?

I threw 2 bags on last Friday to finish a cook and it got hot fast, burned long and clean at 325 so I'm giving it another shot. 

utee - thanks, good suggestion on the bread/condiment table. They are expecting around 400 at the picnic total (incl kids). There will be a mac n cheese food truck and then us. I know that in the past with the food trucks people have waited a long time and lines were really long so I want to be as fast and efficient as possible. 

Yeah, my experiences with food trucks at large events are pretty poor.  They tend to be set up pretty well for short order onesy-twosy orders, but aren't able to handle full-on catering gigs with any efficiency.  If I hear there's a food truck at a big event, I typically just eat beforehand or pack a meal.

18 hours ago, dcbc said:

I've been pretty good at guessing at this in the past, but I see it asked from time to time.  I figured I'd get the collective thought on tips for cooking for a large group. 

We're thinking about having a Memorial Day Barbecue.  I've got a list of about thirty families.  Since it's Memorial Day Weekend, I figure about half of them will definitely already have other plans.  So, if that's true, that's about (maybe) fifty people.  I'm guessing two packer briskets, 6 racks of ribs, two whole chickens (and a Coke), and a bunch of sausage.  Maybe a pork butt or a third brisket.  Ask for sides and booze.  

My smoker setup is a 22.5" WSM and a Pit Barrel Cooker.  Briskets will go on the WSM the night before.  Will be done in the morning and in the oven to warm (140ish) throughout the day.  I probably can sneak a butt on the WSM overnight, too (not sure about a third brisket if I go that route.  Will start the ribs on the WSM when I pull the beef/pork.  Can  put the ribs on the PBC if I'm short on time.  I've started doing a lot of baby backs lately and can have them done in 2.5 hours if need be.  Can wrap and put in the oven to keep them nice and tender.  Chicken in the PBC.  Should take about 4 hours.  Will add sausage toward the end or to whatever smoker has room.

Weber Kettle will be available for overflow and for hamburger patties and hotdogs for the kids if need be.

Thoughts?

Multiple briskets will impact your cooking time significantly.  These 2-3 are going to occupy 80% of your time/attention.  How big are you anticipating?  12-15lbs each?  Could easily take 20+ hours @ 225.  So be ready.  Cooking hotter is a good plan to accelerate things.

Be ready to wrap (butcher paper or foil) if they stay in the stall longer than anticipated.  If you want to maximize what you have - serve chopped (vs. sliced) for sandwiches.  Two briskets chopped will serve a lot of people.  It also masks any variance between the point/flat (one too dry, etc.). 

Pork shoulders for pulled pork do cook faster and are more forgiving.  Get digital thermometers and a thermapen.  With so many items on at different times it helps keep you organized. 

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Multiple briskets will impact your cooking time significantly.  These 2-3 are going to occupy 80% of your time/attention.  How big are you anticipating?  12-15lbs each?  Could easily take 20+ hours @ 225.  So be ready.  Cooking hotter is a good plan to accelerate things.

Be ready to wrap (butcher paper or foil) if they stay in the stall longer than anticipated.  If you want to maximize what you have - serve chopped (vs. sliced) for sandwiches.  Two briskets chopped will serve a lot of people.  It also masks any variance between the point/flat (one too dry, etc.). 

Pork shoulders for pulled pork do cook faster and are more forgiving.  Get digital thermometers and a thermapen.  With so many items on at different times it helps keep you organized. 

That's a good point.  Will start my briskets a few hours earlier.  Usually between 12--14 pounds each.

6 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Were you the one on the old board that couldn't get your temps up over 250 or something using it?

I threw 2 bags on last Friday to finish a cook and it got hot fast, burned long and clean at 325 so I'm giving it another shot. 

utee - thanks, good suggestion on the bread/condiment table. They are expecting around 400 at the picnic total (incl kids). There will be a mac n cheese food truck and then us. I know that in the past with the food trucks people have waited a long time and lines were really long so I want to be as fast and efficient as possible. 

yep.  I bought a dozen or so bags.   Used it once, it was awful.  Thought maybe it was damp or something.  Tried it again a couple of weeks later, same problem.

I gave the rest of it to a neighbor that I hate and bought Stubbs.

IIRC Champ said that they had a fire at the factory and implied that the quality may be down due to that. 

Edited by Gil Bang

Do not DO NOT DO NOT serve to order. Have I been clear enough? DO NOT.

You are going to hate your fucking life if you do it that way. And your four volunteers you sucker into this duty are going to really hate you.

You're basically doing a tailgate party dude. Cook up a fuck ton of meat. Get some people to volunteer to bring sides. Buy a bunch of those metal roasting pans, put everything out in bulk when it's time to eat. Let people serve themselves. Put tip jars out at the food serving area AND at the BBQ smoker area for people to pitch in.

You will not recover 100% of your costs. If you're worried about that, you shouldn't have volunteered to do this, dum-dum. But you'll get some generous people who will see how much work you put in, how good the food tastes, and it'll make up for most of the cheapskates.

We did tacos to order at a tailgate once and people turned into fucking morons. Like they seriously treated us like we were restaurant employees. It was awful. We let people choose between 5 or so options, and of course half the fucking people wanted specific items added or excluded, or the whole "not too much cheese" / "oh more than THAT" bullshit. Do not do it.

With a buffet style, if you know what you're doing all you need is you and a sous chef and maybe a third person to keep an eye on the serving table to make sure all the starving savages don't wreck the table when they're going through the line.

Edited by TornACL
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Also, is this at your house, I assume?  If so, I'm just laughing at the idea of someone inviting me to a Memorial Day BBQ, and then hitting me up with a Square and asking for my credit card after I "place my order".

That feels really incredibly awkward. #teamtipjar

• Like 1

I fed 20 something people at our house for Easter.  I made 2 briskets, a little pit of sausage and a ham steak my uncle wanted me to cook.  I started pretty early and everything ended up getting done sooner than I thought so I had time to sit and hangout with the family before we ate.  When we were ready to eat, I sliced up everything and we served it buffet style.  Screw waiting on people hand and foot.  You are trying to run what should be a fun cookout like it is a bbq restaurant.  It sounds neat, but it's going to guarantee that you run your ass off all day and not enjoy yourself.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Also, is this at your house, I assume?  If so, I'm just laughing at the idea of someone inviting me to a Memorial Day BBQ, and then hitting me up with a Square and asking for my credit card after I "place my order".

That feels really incredibly awkward. #teamtipjar

Sorry I got OP and the other guy confused.

Still, serving 400 people to order using carbon paper seems like a god damn meltdown just waiting to happen. Give them as few options as possible. Just have two servers and a guy collecting money. The servers don't need an order slip, they need to hear the order. For the love of God, make the price the same for whatever their option. Everything's $10 or whatever. You can have sliced brisket, pulled pork sandwich or hot dog and chips. KISS. Better publicize ahead of time that lunch is available for $10 so idiots actually remember to bring money, or have a credit card on them.

That carbon paperwork thing is going to be a tremendous pain in the ass. I'd still go tip jar route, but since it's 400 people in a public place, maybe a lot of these people are strangers and you don't know if someone's going to jack your tip jars. Which is fair.

Edited by TornACL

24 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Do not DO NOT DO NOT serve to order. Have I been clear enough? DO NOT.

You are going to hate your fucking life if you do it that way. And your four volunteers you sucker into this duty are going to really hate you.

You're basically doing a tailgate party dude. Cook up a fuck ton of meat. Get some people to volunteer to bring sides. Buy a bunch of those metal roasting pans, put everything out in bulk when it's time to eat. Let people serve themselves. Put tip jars out at the food serving area AND at the BBQ smoker area for people to pitch in.

You will not recover 100% of your costs. If you're worried about that, you shouldn't have volunteered to do this, dum-dum. But you'll get some generous people who will see how much work you put in, how good the food tastes, and it'll make up for most of the cheapskates.

We did tacos to order at a tailgate once and people turned into fucking morons. Like they seriously treated us like we were restaurant employees. It was awful. We let people choose between 5 or so options, and of course half the fucking people wanted specific items added or excluded, or the whole "not too much cheese" / "oh more than THAT" bullshit. Do not do it.

With a buffet style, if you know what you're doing all you need is you and a sous chef and maybe a third person to keep an eye on the serving table to make sure all the starving savages don't wreck the table when they're going through the line.

Yeah, no f'n way I'd go with the "to order" route.  F that.

7 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Still, serving 400 people to order using carbon paper seems like a god damn meltdown just waiting to happen. Give them as few options as possible. Just have two servers and a guy collecting money. The servers don't need an order slip, they need to hear the order. Once the person has their little boat, the guy taking the money sees what they have, and charges them for us.

That paperwork is going to be a tremendous pain in the ass. I'd still go tip jar route but since it's 400 people maybe a lot of these people are strangers and you don't know if someone's going to jack your tip jar. Which is fair.

Look if you need to make back your money, either have another family or two "co-host" with you, so they supply some of the meat, etc. thus defraying the cost.  If you want to try the tip jar, fine, but don't count on it covering that much of the cost.  Or, look at it the way I do -- when I host folks, I spend a lotta money on food and such, because I like to do it.  I suggest to folks that if they like a particular kind of beer, bring some.  When we throw a party for 80 people, the leftover beer usually fills my beer fridge with a couple of cases of backup.  It all comes out in the wash.

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

OP here.  Not charging shit.  I work for praise and affection, beer, and whatever else good karma comes my way.  I'm hoping fewer people show up, i.e., the ones I really like.

Edited by dcbc

Yeah clarification and sorry for ruining your OP dcbc. I am cooking for the end of year carnival/fair for my oldest's elementary school, on school grounds. It is a PTO fundraiser. We are absolutely charging and anything over my cost goes to the PTO. I might even eat that cost if we don't make a lot but I have a feeling we're going to make a lot. It is absolutely going to be made to order but it also absolutely going to be super simple. Pork - $x, brisket $y, hot dog $z. Bottled water $1. We will fill the orders in approx. 1/2 lb increments for the bbq. We will give them a bun or white bread if they want but everything else is help yourself at the condiment table. I don't think it's going to be too complicated. 

7 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Yeah clarification and sorry for ruining your OP dcbc. I am cooking for the end of year carnival/fair for my oldest's elementary school, on school grounds. It is a PTO fundraiser. We are absolutely charging and anything over my cost goes to the PTO. I might even eat that cost if we don't make a lot but I have a feeling we're going to make a lot. It is absolutely going to be made to order but it also absolutely going to be super simple. Pork - $x, brisket $y, hot dog $z. Bottled water $1. We will fill the orders in approx. 1/2 lb increments for the bbq. We will give them a bun or white bread if they want but everything else is help yourself at the condiment table. I don't think it's going to be too complicated. 

Not at all. I started this thread to be a catch all for this sort of thing  And good on you for working your ass off for your kids school.  I do the same thing and would probably toss BBQ fundraisers into the mix if the people who owned Stanley's in Tyler didn't already donate a ton of time, money and BBQ to our school (their kids go there, too).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

You'll be fine, you have more than enough help to run the serving line.

And you'll definitely make a boatload more money charging that way, than accepting donations.  I've done over a hundred tailgates, and the one fact that always remained true, is people don't understand-- at all-- the value they're getting at a catered BBQ lunch.  We offered all you can eat BBQ, plus free Tito's vodka, plus free Live Oak beer, and other than the handful of people that got it, most often I'd get people donating $5 for the entire day.  And some of them even  complaining if we ran out before they were able to graze through for their 3rd or 4th helping.

Just now, utee94 said:

You'll be fine, you have more than enough help to run the serving line.

And you'll definitely make a boatload more money charging that way, than accepting donations.  I've done over a hundred tailgates, and the one fact that always remained true, is people don't understand-- at all-- the value they're getting at a catered BBQ lunch.  We offered all you can eat BBQ, plus free Tito's vodka, plus free Live Oak beer, and other than the handful of people that got it, most often I'd get people donating $5 for the entire day.  And some of them even  complaining if we ran out before they were able to graze through for their 3rd or 4th helping.

I've done a number of  BBQ fundraisers.  Generally same experience. Same spread at Rudys would be 20 per head, and you're lucky to get $10.  Once exception was Harvey relief where we killed it.  

24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I've done a number of  BBQ fundraisers.  Generally same experience. Same spread at Rudys would be 20 per head, and you're lucky to get $10.  Once exception was Harvey relief where we killed it.  

Yeah, our tailgate party was always a charitable event (we formed a 501(c)(3) non-profit specifically for hosting these events), but we definitely made the biggest impact for our charity fundraising efforts after 9/11, and some of the various hurricanes that affected the Texas gulf coast over the years.  

And yet it was still shocking to me on days when people would put down $40-$60 worth of BBQ and booze, and then hand me a 10 and ask if I had change.

2 hours ago, dcbc said:

Not at all. I started this thread to be a catch all for this sort of thing  And good on you for working your ass off for your kids school.  I do the same thing and would probably toss BBQ fundraisers into the mix if the people who owned Stanley's in Tyler didn't already donate a ton of time, money and BBQ to our school (their kids go there, too).

Yeah we don't have any of that good stuff around here. And the only Dickey's in town packed up shop and left. I ate there once, that was enough. 

In regards to yours, have you sent invites yet? Do the evite thing so you can get numbers. And do it soon, because the longer you wait the more people are going to have plans. I agree with others that you should narrow your focus. Brisket and sausage sounds good to me. I would seriously consider ditching the ribs and the chicken. If you need to add a 3rd meat do pulled pork because it's easy as shit. And I wouldn't do burgers and dogs for the kids, pick one, and I'd pick dogs. Also, much like I am going to do for the school fair cook, assign your buddy who is the biggest jackass to handle the hot dogs. It will keep him busy and hopefully from dropping 4 letter bombs in front of the kids. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I know that in the past with the food trucks people have waited a long time and lines were really long so I want to be as fast and efficient as possible

Minimize the ordering process:

• pulled pork sandwich
  • brisket sandwich
  • Hot dog

Have a condiment table.  Only buns so there's no decision between buns and bread.  If there's a line, have 5 of each prepped and ready to hand out.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Done almost the exact same thing last year.  End of year elementary school fair.  We did a pair of big packers and a few pork shoulders.  Again, a matter of timing.  Settled on hot dogs for the 3rd item for the kids (cooked on site) and everything was prepared ahead of time. 

Chopped both briskets right before things started, packed in those large foil pans, covered tightly in more foil and then heated in the warm smoker for chopped beef sandwiches.  The shoulders we pulled on site.  They were wrapped and in coolers prior to showing up, then we pulled the shoulder bone, and shredded on site (they dry out fast once shredded) and also packed in foil pans and back into the smoker. 

Think about burnt ends also.  They are easy to make and cook fast.  Many places allow you to buy the point/flat separated so that could be something you cook on site also.  Or pork belly burnt ends - those from start to finish take around 4 hours total.  And they are great.  If you can't find pork belly use boneless pork ribs. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 4:17 PM, Gil Bang said:

yep.  I bought a dozen or so bags.   Used it once, it was awful.  Thought maybe it was damp or something.  Tried it again a couple of weeks later, same problem.

I gave the rest of it to a neighbor that I hate and bought Stubbs.

IIRC Champ said that they had a fire at the factory and implied that the quality may be down due to that. 

Just a quick update on the RO. I filled the basket in the offset with a little more than a bag and some apple wood chunks for a pork tenderloin and some ribs and hit it with the weed burner for a good five minutes. An hour in and I'm burning clean at 325. Going to slow it down a bit but no problems thus far

It's ok, I think this stuff is in play again. I'll check the ash tomorrow to see if it's normal or what. 

Filled the basket prob 3/4 what I normally would. Lit 'er up around 5:40 pm. I was up to 230 with good smoke 30 minutes in which is when I put the meat on. Peaked at 350 which is when I said I would dial it down above. No timestamps on the post (4 hours ago) but I think that was around 6:40. All of the other spikes are pulling meat or taking temps. The extended low spike is apparently the probe fell down below the rack and maybe below the damper before I pulled it back up on the grate. 5 hours essentially at cooking temps or above....seems ok for 3/4 of a basket. I normally get 7 tops with Stubbs. 

40395446200_975742cb0a_c.jpg

Hosting my kid’s grad party. 100ish people I can only do 2 briskets at a time. 11am start time. Someone has posted before on how to cook ahead and warm them up but I don’t want to give Eskimo boy clicks. Suggestions/advice?

If your location limited you to national brands for sausage what would you choose?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Hosting my kid’s grad party. 100ish people I can only do 2 briskets at a time. 11am start time. Someone has posted before on how to cook ahead and warm them up but I don’t want to give Eskimo boy clicks. Suggestions/advice?

If your location limited you to national brands for sausage what would you choose?

smoke to the stall the day before.  pull, wrap, and refrigerate.  wake up early and put in 400° oven (leave in wrap if you're using peach paper, if wrapped in aluminum remove after a bit so you can firm up the bark) until done.  

Edited by elfenix

I did one big cook for our high school's district tournament, probably fed 300 or so people.  I did 5 briskets and 6 butts and didnt have much left over.  One thing i learned for big groups...CHOP the brisket, all of it.  Wow, that made things so much easier.  I found a great way to warm the meat up on day 2...i had 15-20 1 gallon ziplocks with leftovers from the previous day.  I got my 2 souvides and another guy had 2, we loaded up big ass water pans and the SV had the meat up to temp in an hour-hour and a half.

This weekend is going to be tough for me.  I am doing 2 graduation parties.  My neighbor is nice enough to let me use his trailer pull Shirley smoker so we will get up at midnight and start the cook.  One party is 2 on sat and the other is 1:00 on sunday.  Party 2 requested a couple racks of baby backs so ill do them on the egg sunday morning.  Toughest thing for me will be my ability to keep my drunk steady for 2.5 days.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:23 PM, elfenix said:

smoke to the stall the day before.  pull, wrap, and refrigerate.  wake up early and put in 400° oven (leave in wrap if you're using peach paper, if wrapped in aluminum remove after a bit so you can firm up the bark) until done.  

Stop the smoke/cook when it stalls?  My usual M.O. is smoke for 6-8 hours, move to BGE for overnight at 235F as I'll only have to get up once to tend, then first thing in the morning wrap and rest in cooler until serving.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Re-heating brisket is super easy if you have 2 things: beer, and some of the juice collected from the original cook.  If you put a foil pan below the meat to collect the drippings, put them in a plastic baggy.   Whatever you have left brisket-wise, put in a pan.  Pour the juice and 1 beer into the pan and cover with foil.  Heat up in the oven the next day at 250 for about 30-45 minutes.  The beer and brisket juice will steam and re:heat the brisket.  It also won't change the flavor profile.  

28 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Stop the smoke/cook when it stalls?  My usual M.O. is smoke for 6-8 hours, move to BGE for overnight at 235F as I'll only have to get up once to tend, then first thing in the morning wrap and rest in cooler until serving.

well that works for the 2 briskets on the BGE.  if you want another 2 you'll need to either cook and reheat or par-cook and then full cook.