11.1.21 Coach Sark PC @ 11am

bigup2dahorns

5 hours ago, Texvet16 said:

Sark’s remaining greatest task will be convincing the blue chip players he needs( especially in the trenches)to be successful at Texas, that Texas is a program worthy of their commitment. Good luck, it’s going to be de-commitment season soon. I honestly hope he’s a hell of a recruiter.  

I've had a feeling that Sark has been advertising to recruits how insufficient the current players are. His pitch is probably telling blue chippers, hey if you can make this pass? Run? Catch? Block? Tackle? We gon win! You gets drafted!

38 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

I've had a feeling that Sark has been advertising to recruits how insufficient the current players are. His pitch is probably telling blue chippers, hey if you can make this pass? Run? Catch? Block? Tackle? We gon win! You gets drafted!

4 hours ago, The Beast said:

The part at Alabama dipshit.

Hey dick eater, where do you see Alabama on the image?

Let's break this down like your stomach breaks down sperm every weekend. This is a snapshot of Sarks HC record..hence no Alabama on there. why is that? Let's figure it out together!

1. Perhaps, he was never a HC coach there.

2. Perhaps, his Head coaching record is at question here, not his time as an assistant at Alabama

3. perhaps you missed those details because someones dickroot was so close to your face

witf.jpg

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

I don't really care about being right - I just want Texas not to be dogshit anymore, it seems like some of you "support the team no matter what" morons think that this is alright and it'll all just work itself out.

Spoiler alert, it won't fucking work itself out and lots of people are fucking tired of waiting for it to work itself out. Be patient only works for the first 10 years. 

It'll work itself out, right about the time we hire the right head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Far worse, one is the culture/program trying to work its way to something. The other is coaches getting fucked in the 2nd half by other coaches. 

It would be different if we never led these games and the guys were just losing and couldn't do what the coaches wanted them to do. I'd be blaming the players a lot more vocally. Getting to a point where you are blowing a team out or have a healthy lead and then blowing that lead in catastrophic fashion 3 weeks in a row isn't a personnel issue it's a coaching issue.

You know what Mel Tucker, Aranda and everyone else did in between the 2 seasons? They recruited their balls off or got massive transfers that ended up being impact players. 

The guy winning a heisman at Michigan St? The one that scored 5TD and had 200+ Yards rushing? THAT GUY, he's a transfer. 

The gigantic nose tackle on Baylors D? Transfer. Most of the OL? Transfers. 

Coaching an inferior team, but keeping up and not getting blown out in year 1 shows coaching ability.

Coaching an athletically superior team, curb stomping for a full half and then making stupid fucking mistakes and not adjusting to the game shows a lack of coaching ability. 

not getting blown out?

• LOSS 49-7 Iowa - never led
  • LOSS 24-0 Indiana - never led
  • LOSS 52-12 to tOSU - never led

wasn't Worthy a transfer?

Edited by hookem48

20 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

not getting blown out?

• LOSS 49-7 Iowa - never led
  • LOSS 24-0 Indiana - never led
  • LOSS 52-12 to tOSU - never led

wasn't Worthy a transfer?

nope. but kinda almost. was having issues with an early enrollment at UM. released from LOI and came to Texas.

Both Baylor and MSU took advantage of transfers for 2021.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/baylor/90107
https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/michigan-state/91142

Baylor has 8 transfers on the roster.  4 starters.

MSU has 19 transfers on the roster.  7 starters.

1 minute ago, boilerhorn said:

Both Baylor and MSU took advantage of transfers for 2021.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/baylor/90107
https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/michigan-state/91142

Baylor has 8 transfers on the roster.  4 starters.

MSU has 19 transfers on the roster.  7 starters.

with NIL I say we raid the prisons. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Don’t you get it? If we lost multiple games by three+ scores it would be a much more encouraging sign.

I don't blame the guy for losing his mind, I believe he said he had $75,000 of his own money wrapped up in the tight end thing, hell that's about $25,000 a yard.

2 hours ago, redswingline said:

Hey dick eater, where do you see Alabama on the image?

Let's break this down like your stomach breaks down sperm every weekend. This is a snapshot of Sarks HC record..hence no Alabama on there. why is that? Let's figure it out together!

1. Perhaps, he was never a HC coach there.

2. Perhaps, his Head coaching record is at question here, not his time as an assistant at Alabama

3. perhaps you missed those details because someones dickroot was so close to your face

witf.jpg

Settle down Beavis

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not angry at all, I knew this was going to be a shitty year. I'm just shocked at how many guys I consider good level headed posters thought we were a 2 loss team.

Fair enough. Attitude will do.

10 wins was a reasonable call. That could have been up to 14 games. Had we pulled 1 of these 3 off that still was possible.

In spite of all the hand wringing, we’ve had virtually no breaks go our way - calls, penalties, etc. we aren’t injury free and some pretty critical.

Obviously we’re not good enough to overcome what ails us.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

10 wins was a reasonable call. That could have been up to 14 games. Had we pulled 1 of these 3 off that still was possible.

In spite of all the hand wringing, we’ve had virtually no breaks go our way - calls, penalties, etc. we aren’t injury free and some pretty critical.

With what we lost and having a new staff with new schemes I just didn't see it. Hell if we didn't get Worthy this would really fucking look bad.

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Cough, cough…..it already does really fucking look bad.

I feel the same way I have for a over a decade, either we get badass olineman or we're gonna lose 4 -7 games every fucking year. Going to the SEC it's going to be 7 and it's going to hurt.

• Hook 'Em 1

With what we lost and having a new staff with new schemes I just didn't see it. Hell if we didn't get Worthy this would really fucking look bad.

We did lose some quality, but we played well without them in two games to end the year. The inconsistency in the Oline has been disappointing but somewhat understandable.

Worthy’s been a lifesaver.

I thought Coburn, Wiley, Ojomo, Sweat, Overshown and a few others would have stepped up their game. Lots of experienced guys have not really upped their game. That’s surprising to me.

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

We did lose some quality, but we played well without them in two games to end the year. The inconsistency in the Oline has been disappointing but somewhat understandable.

Worthy’s been a lifesaver.

I thought Coburn, Wiley, Ojomo, Sweat, Overshown and a few others would have stepped up their game. Lots of experienced guys have not really upped their game. That’s surprising to me.

I didn't buy into the last couple games at all, except for Bijan looking exciting if nothing else. Those teams were garbage.

I didn't know what to expect with PK, knew nothing about him, hell I didn't even know who he was. Very disappointing though for sure.

Edited by hookem48

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

It's actually the fourth time.

Spoiler alert---Longhorn Network has 'Texas GameDay' from 9-11am, and post-game show from 2:30-4:00p that day.  I'm gonna assume that means KAN @ TEX, 11:00a.

WVU also looking very likely for an 11:00a kickoff (12local).  So that'll make, what?...Eight 11am games this season?  

we're kicking at 11 until we leave the rig

10 hours ago, boilerhorn said:

2020 Michigan State under Mel Tucker.

1. LOSS 38-27 Rutgers - MSU never led
  2. WIN 27-24 over #13 Michigan - Tied 17-17 in mid-3; Led 27-17 with 5:11 left
  3. LOSS 49-7 Iowa - never led
  4. LOSS 24-0 Indiana - never led
  5. WIN 29-20 over #8 Northwestern - down 20-17 heading into the 4th
  6. LOSS 52-12 to tOSU - never led
  7. LOSS 39-24 to Penn State - led 24-18 with 2:00 left in 3rd

They only blew 1 lead that resulted in a loss - to unranked Penn State.

i like the data, what is the narrative here?

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

from an injury standpoint the biggest was Okafor then Whittington then Jones.  Okafor was at least a decent starter with 5 years in  college and our OL was the unit that could least afford an injury.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

from an injury standpoint the biggest was Okafor then Whittington then Jones.  Okafor was at least a decent starter with 5 years in  college and our OL was the unit that could least afford an injury.

I think Whitt is the worst after last game. Our OL isn't great but it wasn't good with Okafor playing, either. Our WR room is a fucking train wreck and it was somewhat passable with Whitt. 

I think Whitt is the worst after last game. Our OL isn't great but it wasn't good with Okafor playing, either. Our WR room is a fucking train wreck and it was somewhat passable with Whitt. 

Whittington is a better player, and it’s very possible that we win the last two with him. At the same time, I’m not certain we fully utilized him except for Tech. Small sample size though.

The Oline did pretty well versus Tech and Rice. We’ve had many games versus lighter competition in the last 10, even 20, years that we didn’t blow out. I think only 1 QB pressure in those two games too. They were actually damn good I’d say.

Then Okafor gets hurt versus TCU. It was pretty early too. We then proceed to move pieces around. That was a bad move. Unless PFF is absolute trash, Kerstetter is plus + pass blocker at Tackle but not even close to that inside. So we basically downgraded at two Oline positions for the OU game. The pass blocking has been decent the last two weeks, probably better versus BU. OSU and Baylor both threw a lot of bodies at the LOS. Baylor simply was not going to let us run the ball consistently. If the passing game was on point, we likely win both those games. Maybe by two scores. Maybe by 3. It was not their issue we weren’t up 20-3 versus OSU or 28-10 versus BU. And, yes, I think we hold those leads since those offenses are not quick strike and have QB limitations.

The olines been through a lot in 3 years. 3 offenses and OCs. All of the original starters except Majors have changed positions/sides since last year. They aren’t the most talented bunch to begin with and continuity matters. Our backs and TEs are also responsible for some of the mishaps. I’d go with Okafor as the most significant injury.

Not many would believe it, but I’d say the Oline has fared better than the Dline. And by a decent margin. The first half versus Pig has messed with peoples perceptions of all games. There were several awful drives against OU too, but there many good plays. All those deep balls Worthy and Moore got were good pockets.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

There is no excuse for both our lines to be as shitty as they are and have been for ever....  We haven't had a decent offensive line since like Colt's freshman year.. We haven't had a really good oline since the bulk of our last NC team graduated... 

Which is stupid. The quality of your season hinges on the quality of your lines. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

with NIL I say we raid the prisons. 

I was thinking of a cult on a compound, that, eats, breathe football, burnt orange and the evil ways of that heathen school across the Red River that brought the towers down...  

No Madden, no video games period, but yard ball every weekend from 4 years up

14 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

And yet we've been getting good leads in the first half with all the "shitty players."

Yeah, because the early gameplans have been the best I've seen since I've followed Texas football. The players are getting put into position to succeed... and then they drop the ball, or miss a key block, or commit a stupid penalty...

• Hook 'Em 1