Official 2021 Bitch about family/Holiday Insanity

GhostOfTomJoad

12 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

So far so good, I guess. They only clogged up the bathrooms 3x, got into an argument with the backyard neighbor 1x and lost my dog. I just leave the garage cracked and he will come back on his own time.

I'm taking their ass to the country Friday morning. Growing, the kids would stay outside all day until we were ready for bed. That's essentially my plan.

The black Clampetts are going to smoke a hog and fry some fish.

Hopefully nobody gets shot.

The dog did what you wanted to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

No politics yet but it’s only noon.  No wine glasses on the table settings, so I’m guessing it’ll be as dry as the conversation and Turkey.  But great news fellow surly…they got a new ice maker so I’m in charge of filling the water glasses with this new special treat!   

15 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

So far so good, I guess. They only clogged up the bathrooms 3x, got into an argument with the backyard neighbor 1x and lost my dog. I just leave the garage cracked and he will come back on his own time.

I'm taking their ass to the country Friday morning. Growing, the kids would stay outside all day until we were ready for bed. That's essentially my plan.

The black Clampetts are going to smoke a hog and fry some fish.

Hopefully nobody gets shot.

Please tell me the hog was alive when it got to your house ???

If there’s a single Ellie Mae in the clan, give her my cell

Edited by tx 3 putt

43 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

The NFL once again trying to add to our misery with the Lions v Bears game and another shitshow of a halftime performance.

At least this garbage is out of the way early and we get decent games for the afternoon and evening. 

45 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Has the old man called you sport yet?

His mashed potatoes were basically just crushed up potatoes - no milk or butter or salt or pepper.  My sister and I had to fix those.  Everything was thoroughly mediocre with no flavor 

Edited by Js1

So, I showed up with a 18 lb turkey, and a glazed ham which set me back a little over $100 bucks. The entirety of the items brought by the rest of the Maypear Mafia may not have cost $50 in total. There was a bag salad, a bottle of Thousand Island dressing, one pack of King’s Hawaiian rolls, 2 store bought desserts, what appeared to be stovetop stuffing, and Kraft Mac and cheese. Larry brought a bottle of Smirnoff for the pot luck, and Gary has been pouring it into his sweet tea and telling everyone that is how you make Long Island teas. The Gay cousin and his partner brought fucking quiche….you can’t make this shit up. 

Larry is the white guy, people think he’s funny.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Gary just proclaimed that if our kicker didn’t miss an extra point and a FG, we be winning this game. I tried to explain that actually, the game would be tied and everyone looked at me like I had a third eye.

Did they take off their shoes to count toes to confirm?

image.gif.73c2e731a5c3497402f0eb76b788a448.gif

30 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Surprisingly this has been a good Thanksgiving so far. One of the old uncles came in wearing a MAGA hat but hasn't brought up politics for the most part but did say I'm lucky to live in Texas with a real governor. Just smiled and kept drinking but other than that he seems to think I'm from Mexico and I have to keep telling him my family came to Texas in the 20's and settled in Abilene area. He wants to know what life was like in Mexico so I keep telling I have no idea. Then 5 minutes later is a question about Mexico. Took some solid edibles earlier so it's all good over here 

Just start making shit up.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

After 3 Coronas the cyber boyfriend can't remember my name & keeps calling me Greg. My wife tried to correct him and I gave her the "the fuck you will" look. My sister seems unaware that he's doing this. Or she's too embarrassed to admit it.

I think I'm gonna start calling him Big Tuna.

Nicholas Braun Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I survived both thanksgivings. Nothing eventful happened other then I found out my aunt has been taking Ivermectin but she is also vaccinated. So I am still trying to figure that one out. 

The ten month old is sleeping. The 3 year old is watching the cowboys and airplanes on YouTube simultaneously (father of the year). And the makers is tasty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So, I showed up with a 18 lb turkey, and a glazed ham which set me back a little over $100 bucks. The entirety of the items brought by the rest of the Maypear Mafia may not have cost $50 in total. There was a bag salad, a bottle of Thousand Island dressing, one pack of King’s Hawaiian rolls, 2 store bought desserts, what appeared to be stovetop stuffing, and Kraft Mac and cheese. Larry brought a bottle of Smirnoff for the pot luck, and Gary has been pouring it into his sweet tea and telling everyone that is how you make Long Island teas. The Gay cousin and his partner brought fucking quiche….you can’t make this shit up. 

Broke down South of Dallas

I survived both thanksgivings. Nothing eventful happened other then I found out my aunt has been taking Ivermectin but she is also vaccinated. So I am still trying to figure that one out. 

The ten month old is sleeping. The 3 year old is watching the cowboys and airplanes on YouTube simultaneously (father of the year). And the makers is tasty. 

Maybe she had worms.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I eventually had enough and decided to go teach my teenage son how to drive in the snow and ice on the mountain roads. It was a surprisingly less painful experience. Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and Blue Bloods on TV also provides me some quiet as he is fully engaged with those. 

Edited by topochico

28 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

My dumbass brother showed my dad the same thing about 10 minutes after arriving, which of course made my dad think the door was open to start quoting Fox News shit.  Gave my brother one look and said you started this, end it now or y’all will be cooking your own meal.  Think dad heard me too, so it was relatively quiet until I took parents old dog out after dinner because nobody else could be bothered despite the dog being 16 and starting to have accidents in the house.  Shit stirring brother and his wife had already left, but his Trumpy sister in law was still there and I walk back in to the three of them singing praise for Kyle Rittenhouse.  Just grabbed my stuff and said have a nice evening.  They literally can’t go a few hours without going there.  It’s impossible.  I was out of earshot less than 5 minutes and this was the first time the three of them had been alone. 

If you’re dad is like mine then 13 months ago we were living in an American utopia the likes of which had never been seen. Now we’re in a apocalyptic shithole where the entire world is on the verge of collapse. It’s wild. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Wife’s uncle volunteered to bring the wine.  Brought three bottles of Barefoot something or other - one white & two different reds. Took everyone’s request -  Poured each person a glass, recorked the bottles and put them back in his wine tote and put it by the door….. later left taking his partial bottles back home. 

Bear in mind this isn’t someone who is into the temperance movement.  He spent plenty of time at the bar pre and post meal drinking other peoples’ liquor.

To say he’s cheap is a massive understatement.  Has plenty of money and two nice homes.  Just bizarrely lacks any self awareness or doesn’t give a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If you’re dad is like mine then 13 months ago we were living in an American utopia the likes of which had never been seen. Now we’re in a apocalyptic shithole where the entire world is on the verge of collapse. It’s wild. 

Spot. On.  🤦‍♂️

• Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Wife’s uncle volunteered to bring the wine.  Brought three bottles of Barefoot something or other - one white & two different reds. Took everyone’s request -  Poured each person a glass, recorked the bottles and put them back in his wine tote and put it by the door….. later left taking his partial bottles back home. 

Bear in mind this isn’t someone who is into the temperance movement.  He spent plenty of time at the bar pre and post meal drinking other peoples’ liquor.

To say he’s cheap is a massive understatement.  Has plenty of money and two nice homes.  Just bizarrely lacks any self awareness or doesn’t give a shit. 

Oh man I'd say something about that even if I wasn't drinking. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I got that at my mom’s on day 1 of being here. I threatened to get a hotel for 9 days until I move into my new place and she’s since shut up