Official 2021 Bitch about family/Holiday Insanity

GhostOfTomJoad

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Thanksgiving ended up pretty good, actually.  Typhoon Mary wasn't drinking for the first time ever so no hijinks there. The obese girlfriend was actually sweet to everyone. The suicidal niece got sick and stayed home with her father. Food was pretty good. The other sil cleaned up everything while the rest of us drank and watched the cowboys. IMG_20211125_135335858.thumb.jpg.addfd431ba396273700909f64679564c.jpg

You guys asked about the decor. All I know is that I took a piss and found myself snout to snout with this ugly motherfucker mounted right above the commode. 

Weather got better on Friday and caught a bunch of catfish and hung out with the kids. Built a fire at night, made s'mores with the kids. Shot some pool, drank some beer, listened to classic country music and watched a bunch of football. My wife was acting like a drunk psychopath and I almost killed her / divorced her, but other than that it was all pretty good.

Pic ain't showing up. 

Spurs won, too. 

15 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Thanksgiving ended up pretty good, actually.  Typhoon Mary wasn't drinking for the first time ever so no hijinks there. The obese girlfriend was actually sweet to everyone. The suicidal niece got sick and stayed home with her father. Food was pretty good. The other sil cleaned up everything while the rest of us drank and watched the cowboys. IMG_20211125_135335858.thumb.jpg.addfd431ba396273700909f64679564c.jpg

You guys asked about the decor. All I know is that I took a piss and found myself snout to snout with this ugly motherfucker mounted right above the commode. 

Weather got better on Friday and caught a bunch of catfish and hung out with the kids. Built a fire at night, made s'mores with the kids. Shot some pool, drank some beer, listened to classic country music and watched a bunch of football. My wife was acting like a drunk psychopath and I almost killed her / divorced her, but other than that it was all pretty good.

Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel. They were must-see TV for a ...

On 11/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, Zepol87 said:

Surprisingly this has been a good Thanksgiving so far. One of the old uncles came in wearing a MAGA hat but hasn't brought up politics for the most part but did say I'm lucky to live in Texas with a real governor. Just smiled and kept drinking but other than that he seems to think I'm from Mexico and I have to keep telling him my family came to Texas in the 20's and settled in Abilene area. He wants to know what life was like in Mexico so I keep telling I have no idea. Then 5 minutes later is a question about Mexico. Took some solid edibles earlier so it's all good over here 

Last year my fiance's grandfather's family from Minnesota came over. They get super drunk and the conversation gets brought up that it's no okay to say oriental anymore. It all goes downhill with n bombs and asking if I'm a "Mexicano?" Over and over.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Last year my fiance's grandfather's family from Minnesota came over. They get super drunk and the conversation gets brought up that it's no okay to say oriental anymore. It all goes downhill with n bombs and asking if I'm a "Mexicano?" Over and over.

Well....are you?

17 hours ago, workswithseed said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Oldest stepson showed up on Thanksgiving with a hat on that said #FJB and proceeded to turn the TV to Newsmax. Nobody was watching it because the men were in the den watching football.

No talk about politics from him. We have learned to completely ignore him at this point. 

Also found out by talking to my 7 year old grandson that he tested positive for Covid a few weeks back. Found out my idiot stepson argued with the doctor about it and didn't notify anyone at his school, or us, that the kid had Covid. 

• Rage+1 8

21 hours ago, Antidean said:

Oldest stepson showed up on Thanksgiving with a hat on that said #FJB and proceeded to turn the TV to Newsmax. Nobody was watching it because the men were in the den watching football.

No talk about politics from him. We have learned to completely ignore him at this point. 

Also found out by talking to my 7 year old grandson that he tested positive for Covid a few weeks back. Found out my idiot stepson argued with the doctor about it and didn't notify anyone at his school, or us, that the kid had Covid. 

If he shows up at my house w/ this on, he's leaving it in the car or his ass can go somewhere else for turkey. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Evidently Tuesday is some girls night at the the sisters but this just got wild. One of the friends of my gf sister was dating a guy up until August and they broke up but never said who she was dating but she was so in love. Today that lady's sister shows up 7 months pregnant to the girls night and that guy is the dad so he was banging both sisters while 1 was already knocked up. I'm trying to serve more wine 

So they fucked around, and now finding out.

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2021 at 5:02 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Sister's cyber boyfriend shows up to make that first impression....in a Cowboys jersey. We're pretty casual on Thanksgiving but that's pretty low rent.

Neither he nor my sister realize his 4 year old daughter has dried puke all over the front of her shirt. Nice.

He decides his daughter is happy using our sofa as a bouncy toy so he starts slamming Coronas. He then drops the f bomb as I'm offering the dinner toast because the Raiders scored.

My sis keeps giving me that manic "isn't he nice" look. He hasn't engaged in any conversation other than to throw out the fact he thinks Princes Di was assassinated and that 9/11 was an inside job.

Bravo, sis.

have you figured out his surly handle yet?

edit to add: Was the Cowboy's jersey at least tailored?

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/25/2021 at 7:25 PM, Reagan1k said:

Wife’s uncle volunteered to bring the wine.  Brought three bottles of Barefoot something or other - one white & two different reds. Took everyone’s request -  Poured each person a glass, recorked the bottles and put them back in his wine tote and put it by the door….. later left taking his partial bottles back home. 

Bear in mind this isn’t someone who is into the temperance movement.  He spent plenty of time at the bar pre and post meal drinking other peoples’ liquor.

To say he’s cheap is a massive understatement.  Has plenty of money and two nice homes.  Just bizarrely lacks any self awareness or doesn’t give a shit. 

spacer.png

On 11/27/2021 at 5:32 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think this is all a setup for Christmas.  Stay tuned...

On 11/30/2021 at 8:28 PM, Zepol87 said:

Evidently Tuesday is some girls night at the the sisters but this just got wild. One of the friends of my gf sister was dating a guy up until August and they broke up but never said who she was dating but she was so in love. Today that lady's sister shows up 7 months pregnant to the girls night and that guy is the dad so he was banging both sisters while 1 was already knocked up. I'm trying to serve more wine 

Screw the Wine, time to move straight to tequila...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Checked into hotel at Temple and going to dinner tonight with son and DIL. (Pignettis)  We stopped in West and HEB( open on Valley Mills Rd in Waco) and got a nice little haul for preptime for about 26 in-laws or so tomorrow. Most of em are semi-normal, but we were talking on the drive down that a few years back, one of the cousins introduced his new fiance for the first time ever to the family...and she was 7 months pregnant.  She should have kicked his ass, but alas, they are still married and things worked out.  In fact, she is super nice and the kiddo is at a fun age now...

I look forward to this weekend all year long.  I love my wife's family and they tolerate me...  will report anything off the path to normalcy.

Mostly proud of the Czech Stop and Primus... MMMMM!!!  also, fuck traffic in Waco.  It cuts down to 2 lanes and people get all brakey and shit...

Primus-Czech.jpg

A new holiday surprise popped up this week. After spending the weekend before Thanksgiving with the MIL who's spent the last year trying to maintain the ranch by herself she's declared she's "done", and wants to move into "town." Everyone knows that's the best for her.

The only asset she has is the ranch, which if she sells will buy her a comfortable home and provide a nest egg that will take care of her for the rest of her life.

Seems very straightforward, except the BIL-who is currently the sole inheritor of the ranch-is trying to convince my wife & her sister that they should instead enter into a 3 way contract, buy their mom a new house, and he'll then keep the land "in the family. "

tl;dr.... BIL wants us to chip in $250k plus so he can inherit land worth 10-15x that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

A new holiday surprise popped up this week. After spending the weekend before Thanksgiving with the MIL who's spent the last year trying to maintain the ranch by herself she's declared she's "done", and wants to move into "town." Everyone knows that's the best for her.

The only asset she has is the ranch, which if she sells will buy her a comfortable home and provide a nest egg that will take care of her for the rest of her life.

Seems very straightforward, except the BIL-who is currently the sole inheritor of the ranch-is trying to convince my wife & her sister that they should instead enter into a 3 way contract, buy their mom a new house, and he'll then keep the land "in the family. "

tl;dr.... BIL wants us to chip in $250k plus so he can inherit land worth 10-15x that.

If ever the middle finger icon was a pos rep...

holy hell.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:29 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Did your MIL leave your wife and her sister out of the will or something? Why is BIL the sole inheritor of the ranch? Were the daughters getting left out or do they have an inheritance that isn’t threatened by this plan?

Did your MIL leave your wife and her sister out of the will or something? Why is BIL the sole inheritor of the ranch? Were the daughters getting left out or do they have an inheritance that isn’t threatened by this plan?
FIL didn't leave a pot to piss in. MIL's will is a copy of his. Their parents always intended the ranch to go solely to their son because he's the oldest & a man. My wife & her sis always understood this & never really complained about it, but they understood if they weren't going to benefit at all they sure as hell shouldn't have to also spend their money just so their brother can benefit.

16 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
14 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

FIL didn't leave a pot to piss in. MIL's will is a copy of his. Their parents always intended the ranch to go solely to their son because he's the oldest & a man. My wife & her sis always understood this & never really complained about it, but they understood if they weren't going to benefit at all they sure as hell shouldn't have to also spend their money just so their brother can benefit.

I could not imagine doing that to my kids.  I would rather give everything I own to charity or spend it all than do that.  Unless a kid's actions have proven a good reason to do differently, assets should be distributed equally.

• Hook 'Em 7

On 12/3/2021 at 7:29 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Sisters should tell their brother they'll do it, on the condition they all own the ranch. Brother can run or manage it, but all three have access, all three have to agree to sell, all three share equally in any income derived from the ranch.

otherwise, I suspect brother will end up selling the ranch at some point and get all the money from that sell.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
16 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What a load of crap.

It's BS but my wife & her sis have always known that this was their dad's desire and neither ever had any expectations that they would inherit any land. Whenever I discussed the unfairness of the situation w/ Mrs. GOTJ her response was a pretty cold, "our brother always got everything while we got nothing. We never expected it to be otherwise."

The bright side is that the MIL seems ok with selling and relocating. If the BIL wants to continue to push his agenda where we all finance the MIL so he can reap all of the benefits it will get ugly.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/3/2021 at 8:25 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

BIL is about to head out of state to restart own life. He wants us to pony up the money to protect his inheritance.

Obviously no one is going to let MIL suffer, but BIL is looking to have the cake and eat it too.

Wanna borrow a bullet?

On 11/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, luke duke said:

I didn’t make a scene about it. I opened the door, saw it and got him a shirt before anyone realized he was there.

I guess I have more respect for my parents’ home than you do.

That is true. I have no respect for your parents' home. Ask your mom.

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2021 at 2:20 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

It's BS but my wife & her sis have always known that this was their dad's desire and neither ever had any expectations that they would inherit any land. Whenever I discussed the unfairness of the situation w/ Mrs. GOTJ her response was a pretty cold, "our brother always got everything while we got nothing. We never expected it to be otherwise."

The bright side is that the MIL seems ok with selling and relocating. If the BIL wants to continue to push his agenda where we all finance the MIL so he can reap all of the benefits it will get ugly.  

Your F-I-L sounds like a piece of shit to do that to his girls. 

I'd throw my sons away before I hurt my daughter.

My uncle was transferred to a rehab facility in Pleasant Grove. I went to visit him yesterday and brought him some things he needed. I brought him his wheelchair because apparently they don't have any spare ones and you have to bring your own. First red flag. Seriously, what kind of god forsaken rehab center doesn't provide wheelchairs for their patients?! After looking around, the place is a fucking dump. It smells like a cesspool 24/7 and according to my uncle most of the people there aren't in rehab, they permanently live there. He told me it's more like a nursing home. They were asking him what he wants to do after he's done at rehab; does he want to go home or stay there. He told the doctors and nurses that he wants to get the fuck out of there. The main problem he has is that he has a roommate and he absolutely hates it. At the other rehab centers he had been at he always had his own room. His roommate makes noises and talks in his sleep which keeps my uncle awake all night. He's also expressed to me that he'll only give this place 2 weeks to a month before he wants to leave. Today I'll be calling around DFW looking for a better and legit rehab center that will accept him (most nicer ones wouldn't because he's obese). Hopefully I'll get him transferred out of there after Christmas. To quote him, "this place is a shithole and miserable excuse for a rehab place. It's not a nursing home, it's a place for welfare pimps." 

Yesterday he told a story that his roommate has dementia or is senile (which isn't funny), but my uncle thinks its funny. He tells me the guy pissed all over himself in the middle of the night because he woke up yelling, "crap, I've wet myself!" He then forgot that he did because in the morning when the nurses came in to bring him fresh and dry clothes he told them that there was a fire last night. They looked confused and told him there wasn't a fire and that he just pee'd in the bed and he insisted that the fireman came last night into the room and hosed him down as they put the fire out. My uncle busted out laughing. Guess he's trying to make the best of a shitty situation with comic relief. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, unfortunately, I know too much about that topic. It’s very common for the same facility to offer rehab (to regain mobility) and nursing home services both. There is a range of LTC (Long term care) facilities. It’s all about the money. The cheapest places are the worst, and their cost is the amount that Medicaid pays. (Medicare will pay for rehab, but not LTC nursing home. Medicaid doesn’t start paying until the resident is broke). 

You can find nicer places (cleaned more often, less turnover in staff, more services), but they’ll cost more. And It’s all out of pocket, or (if you were smart) insurance. 

Here’s a tip- the moment you realize that a need for LTC is in your future, get the insurance. 

For your uncle- does it look like he’ll be able to return home after rehab? Great- he might want to check out LTC insurance, to avoid having to live out his years in a place like that. If he’s fortunate enough to be a federal retiree, the insurance is extremely affordable. 

I’m about done with trying to please both my parents and mother in law on each holiday. As mentioned above, MIL is the morbidly obese ex-school teacher who lives alone a couple hours away. She LOVES the Lutheran church. Plays the organ every week. It’s basically her only time out of the house other than the grocery store and fast food.

My wife, a saint, talks to lonely MIL every night on the phone, often on speakerphone. Christmas is my families this year. So generally we go down a Christmas Eve and come back home and MIL comes down for Christmas dinner and stays a couple of days. Well now, since she doesn’t think she can sit in the car for two hours (she’s driven this regularly in the past year) and she’s the one the has plans (playing church services that she volunteers for), we should cater to her and drive the 5 hours from my parents to her. She’s playing the woe is me “I guess I’ll have McDonalds for Christmas” card and “I guess I won’t even decorate because nobody will come see it”. We were just there for Thanksgiving Eve and Thanksgiving. I don’t want to give in. My parents generally wouldn’t care, as they are rational, kind humans. I just don’t want to cater to the MIL’s demands over things she can fix. She can lose weight. She’s capable of driving. She can not play the day after church service. We are both only children with no kids of our own and I know it makes us flexible but god damn. 

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Yeah, unfortunately, I know too much about that topic. It’s very common for the same facility to offer rehab (to regain mobility) and nursing home services both. There is a range of LTC (Long term care) facilities. It’s all about the money. The cheapest places are the worst, and their cost is the amount that Medicaid pays. (Medicare will pay for rehab, but not LTC nursing home. Medicaid doesn’t start paying until the resident is broke). 

You can find nicer places (cleaned more often, less turnover in staff, more services), but they’ll cost more. And It’s all out of pocket, or (if you were smart) insurance. 

Here’s a tip- the moment you realize that a need for LTC is in your future, get the insurance. 

For your uncle- does it look like he’ll be able to return home after rehab? Great- he might want to check out LTC insurance, to avoid having to live out his years in a place like that. If he’s fortunate enough to be a federal retiree, the insurance is extremely affordable. 

I honestly don't think he'll be able to walk again unless he drops a lot of weight. He has insurance and can afford nicer places, but the top ones wouldn't take him due to his size being a liability. There was another rehab facility he was at a few years ago in north Dallas so we'll try to get him placed over there again because I'm 95% sure they would readmit him.  

30 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

I’m about done with trying to please both my parents and mother in law on each holiday. As mentioned above, MIL is the morbidly obese ex-school teacher who lives alone a couple hours away. She LOVES the Lutheran church. Plays the organ every week. It’s basically her only time out of the house other than the grocery store and fast food.

My wife, a saint, talks to lonely MIL every night on the phone, often on speakerphone. Christmas is my families this year. So generally we go down a Christmas Eve and come back home and MIL comes down for Christmas dinner and stays a couple of days. Well now, since she doesn’t think she can sit in the car for two hours (she’s driven this regularly in the past year) and she’s the one the has plans (playing church services that she volunteers for), we should cater to her and drive the 5 hours from my parents to her. She’s playing the woe is me “I guess I’ll have McDonalds for Christmas” card and “I guess I won’t even decorate because nobody will come see it”. We were just there for Thanksgiving Eve and Thanksgiving. I don’t want to give in. My parents generally wouldn’t care, as they are rational, kind humans. I just don’t want to cater to the MIL’s demands over things she can fix. She can lose weight. She’s capable of driving. She can not play the day after church service. We are both only children with no kids of our own and I know it makes us flexible but god damn. 

McDonalds for Christmas dinner sounds kind of good. I must need more salt. 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I honestly don't think he'll be able to walk again unless he drops a lot of weight. He has insurance and can afford nicer places, but the top ones wouldn't take him due to his size being a liability. There was another rehab facility he was at a few years ago in north Dallas so we'll try to get him placed over there again because I'm 95% sure they would readmit him.  

My Dad was recently at this place.  It was nice and the rehab schedule was very structured.

https://encompasshealth.com/richardsonrehab

• Like 1