Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

45 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Joe Scarborough reported during jury selection that there was one potential juror who told the judge that, because of their strong beliefs about the 2nd Amendment, they didn’t think they could be unbiased. The judge sat them anyway and told them he trusted them to be objective. I searched online and couldn’t find corroboration but Joe reported it more than once. 

If true this judge has totally fucked up this trial. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

confused. right before this he was running to the police to turn himself in with a mob chasing him. grosskreutz on his on phone via livestream ran up to KR and KR told grosskreutz on the vid "I'm going to the police". then he gets hit by skateboard guy once causing him to fall to the ground. then those pics above happen when he was knocked to the ground. what are you getting at?

I wonder why the mob was chasing him. Hmmmmm.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

because they confused him shooting Rosenbaum who had threatened to kill him, chased him, cornered him and yelled Fuck You before lunging for his gun for a murder when it was self defense? crazy mob full of unstable felons wanted blood. 

So did Kyle. That's why he was there in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Bravo said:

because they confused him shooting Rosenbaum who had threatened to kill him, chased him, cornered him and yelled Fuck You before lunging for his gun for a murder when it was self defense? crazy mob full of unstable felons wanted blood. 

Yes, in a country mired in mass shootings on the reg, bystanders should totally assume an active shooter with a rifle is harmless.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Eh.  If people on the streets tried to stop Rittenhouse because they heard he was attempting to "flee a murder," then that's a reasonable reaction (although the wisdom of it would be questionable given that he was armed).  That the initial shooting may not have been a "murder" under the law would not matter -- these other people wouldn't have known that at the time. 

However, if the initial shooting was not unlawful (i.e., privileged by self-defense), Rittenhouse should still have his right of self-defense against the individuals who later attacked him, even if their belief was that he was a fleeing felon.  I'm not familiar with the nuances of WI law on self-defense and the provocation exception to it, but I assume that the initial shooting of Rosenbaum, if lawful, would not constitute provocation that would undermine a self-defense assertion in connection with the later shootings.  I could be wrong about that, but it seems reasonable.

Edited by Carl Spackler

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

I just want to add that I'm not here to pillory Kyle Rittenhouse. He is a fucking child. A child. I had an extensive conversation about this with a good friend of mine who is a juvenile defender by profession and his view on this trial mirrors mine. He should be in kid court facing kid sentencing. Period. It is absolutely disgusting to me that he is facing life in prison (even though he is likely to be acquitted) at this moment. Did he act in self defense? YES. Did he actively place himself in a situation where the likelihood of him needing to use deadly force to defend himself was high? YES.

It's even more disgusting how politicized this case is from both sides of the aisle, that we're fighting amongst ourselves when we should be fucking dragging the shitbags that filled his head with all the self-defense, protection of property, cowboy yee-ha bullshit that lead to him making a dumb shit teenage idiot brain decision to go wandering  across state lines with a gun he shouldn't be able to legally own during a protest.  

He is literally the perfect poster child for a person who a fair and just criminal courts system could rehabilitate and turn into a success story if we had any inclination to ever do so.

This shit pisses me off so much, and the discourse around it makes it clear that we'll just never be better.

nah, fuck that murdering kid. he set out to kill people that day and deserves to spend the rest of his shitty life in jail. his cunt-ass mom too

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Yes, in a country mired in mass shootings on the reg, bystanders should totally assume an active shooter with a rifle is harmless.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

"Too many Americans are cowards and people need to learn to bum rush mass shooters and disarm them!" (this is something many on the right have said in response to mass shooting)

"Trying to disarm the white shooter deserves the death penalty!"

Real consistent crew we're dealing with.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

"Too many Americans are cowards and people need to learn to bum rush mass shooters and disarm them!" (this is something many on the right have said in response to mass shooting)

"Trying to disarm the white shooter deserves the death penalty!"

Real consistent crew we're dealing with.

that's the problem. we/you are constantly arguing with people who are continually moving the goalposts. it's not even close to a good-faith argument.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I just want to add that I'm not here to pillory Kyle Rittenhouse. He is a fucking child. A child. I had an extensive conversation about this with a good friend of mine who is a juvenile defender by profession and his view on this trial mirrors mine. He should be in kid court facing kid sentencing. Period. It is absolutely disgusting to me that he is facing life in prison (even though he is likely to be acquitted) at this moment. Did he act in self defense? YES. Did he actively place himself in a situation where the likelihood of him needing to use deadly force to defend himself was high? YES.

It's even more disgusting how politicized this case is from both sides of the aisle, that we're fighting amongst ourselves when we should be fucking dragging the shitbags that filled his head with all the self-defense, protection of property, cowboy yee-ha bullshit that lead to him making a dumb shit teenage idiot brain decision to go wandering  across state lines with a gun he shouldn't be able to legally own during a protest.  

He is literally the perfect poster child for a person who a fair and just criminal courts system could rehabilitate and turn into a success story if we had any inclination to ever do so.

This shit pisses me off so much, and the discourse around it makes it clear that we'll just never be better.

Best post I've read on this thread or the other one.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Hear, hear!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

how the fuck are you still here? can't you tell when you're not wanted?

I'm here to be a constant reminder that you are a coward and a liar. When you see my name and avatar, you'll have to reckon with your deeply shameful character. You are Longhorn_Fan68. A fate worse than death.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 6

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yes, the guy was a scumbag. Kyle Rittenhouse had literally zero knowledge of any of that when he killed him, nor would the people who were trying to disarm him. Christ, how the fuck are you this dense?

Because he’s beholden to a belief system. Seriously, there’s no deeper explanation to that.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I wonder why the mob was chasing him. Hmmmmm.

Because he killed their antifa buddy who threatened to kill him, got pissed he put out a fire, chased him down, threw something at him, cornered him, and lunged at him trying to take his gun while screaming fuck you.

You think that justifies a mob chasing him down?

And it really does not help Grosskreutz.  He did not witness the Rosenbaum shooting.  He just joined a violent mob chasing a kid who used legal force to defend himself.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Joe Scarborough reported during jury selection that there was one potential juror who told the judge that, because of their strong beliefs about the 2nd Amendment, they didn’t think they could be unbiased. The judge sat them anyway and told them he trusted them to be objective. I searched online and couldn’t find corroboration but Joe reported it more than once. 

Joe Scarborough reports a lot of fake bullshit -- which is a common theme as the corporate media has grossly distorted the truth throughout this trial.  The potential juror was dismissed after stating he could not be impartial due to his second amendment beliefs

During jury selection, a prospective juror told Schroeder he couldn’t be impartial because he believes in the right to bear arms.

“My biases go back to 14 months ago,” the man said. “I’ve been commenting consistently on news feeds and Facebook. It also goes a little further to my belief in the Second Amendment.”

That prompted Schroeder to launch into his lengthy lecture about media coverage of the case and how believing in the Constitution was not disqualifying. The judge concluded by asking the man whether he really thought other people in the jury pool would be more fair than him.

“I would hope so,” he said, before being promptly dismissed.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/criminal-justice/ct-kyle-rittenhouse-trial-politics-20211105-i75tf6bwb5dlbajaffattytlvi-story.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Burt said:

So if members of congress would have been carrying on Jan 6th, you would have be OK with them mowing down the cult as they crossed the threshold into the Capitol building?

Is this a serious question? Fuck yes I would have been ok with it.  The capitol police should have lit them up like militants storming the green zone in Baghdad. Those fat fucks would have trampled each other on the retreat 

Also any of you who are going through and negging unrelated posts because you don’t like a poster or their position here need to stop. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Because he killed their antifa buddy who threatened to kill him, got pissed he put out a fire, chased him down, threw something at him, cornered him, and lunged at him trying to take his gun while screaming fuck you.

And it really does not help Grosskreutz.  He did not witness the Rosenbaum shooting.  He just joined a violent mob chasing a kid who used legal force to defend himself.

I think that's a little much.  From everything I've seen, the people who attacked or attempted to attack Rittenhouse as he was bugging out didn't know anything except that people on the street were yelling that Rittenhouse had just shot someone and was attempting to flee.  I seriously doubt that any of them were aware of the evidence indicating that Rosenbaum had threatened Rittenhouse, thrown an object at Rittenhouse, or chased after Rittenhouse.  I'm sure they didn't know of the precise circumstances of the Rosenbaum shooting.  And I also am quite confident that none of them knew what activities (putting out fires, etc.) Rittenhouse had engaged in earlier that evening.  As far as they knew, Rittenhouse had just shot someone (fatally, as it turned out) and needed to be stopped.  I doubt they knew much, if anything, else about him or the situation.  

That doesn't obviate Rittenhouse's right to defend himself (assuming the initial shooting was justified).  Rather, it simply explains the mindset of the persons who attacked Rittenhouse after the initial shooting.  IMO, if Rittenhouse's shooting of Rosenbaum was justified as self-defense, then the shootings of the other individuals were almost certainly self-defense as well.        

BTW, after watching the videos, I can't agree that Rittenhouse was "cornered."  After he shot Rosenbaum, he continued on his path and then circled around the parked car.  He wasn't "cornered" according to my understanding of that word.  But the other stuff, i.e., Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse, Rosenbaum throwing something at him, Rosenbaum yelling at Rittenhouse, etc., does seem to be borne out by the video evidence.  Whether or not all of those circumstances taken as a whole created an objectively reasonable fear for life/limb on the part of Rittenhouse is a question the jury will have to decide. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I think that's a little much.  From everything I've seen, the people who attacked or attempted to attack Rittenhouse as he was bugging out didn't know anything except that people on the street were yelling that Rittenhouse had just shot someone and was attempting to flee.  I seriously doubt that any of them were aware of the evidence indicating that Rosenbaum had threatened Rittenhouse, thrown an object at Rittenhouse, or chased after Rittenhouse.  I'm sure they didn't know of the precise circumstances of the Rosenbaum shooting.  And I also am quite confident that none of them knew what activities (putting out fires, etc.) Rittenhouse had engaged in earlier that evening.  As far as they knew, Rittenhouse had just shot someone (fatally, as it turned out) and needed to be stopped.  I doubt they knew much, if anything, else about him or the situation.  

That doesn't obviate Rittenhouse's right to defend himself (assuming the initial shooting was justified).  Rather, it simply explains the mindset of the persons who attacked Rittenhouse after the initial shooting.  IMO, if Rittenhouse's shooting of Rosenbaum was justified as self-defense, then the shootings of the other individuals were almost certainly self-defense as well.        

BTW, after watching the videos, I can't agree that Rittenhouse was "cornered."  After he shot Rosenbaum, he continued on his path and then circled around the parked car.  He wasn't "cornered" according to my understanding of that word.  But the other stuff, i.e., Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse, Rosenbaum throwing something at him, Rosenbaum yelling at Rittenhouse, etc., does seem to be borne out by the video evidence.  Whether or not all of those circumstances taken as a whole created an objectively reasonable fear for life/limb on the part of Rittenhouse is a question the jury will have to decide. 

The testimony was he was blocked in when he was near the cars because there were a line of protesters blocking him.  After he shot, they scattered.  And that's why he was no longer trapped.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

The testimony was he was blocked in when he was near the cars because there were a line of protesters blocking him.  After he shot, they scattered.  And that's why he was no longer trapped.

Ah, good to know.  That doesn't come out on the video.  Thanks for the clarification/additional information.

20 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

2.  I cannot imagine the outrage if a black family got some welfare money (pandemic-related unemployment check), used the money and an (obviously, illegal) shill buyer to get an assault rifle, and then his mother (who participated in the gun-buying scheme as a shill "owner") drove him across three counties and a state line in order to drop him off at a "Unite the Right" rally, and all of that predictably ended in multiple deaths.  Also, "free as fuck" shirts, gang signs posing with members of his same race, etc.

I mean, would this thread still break down along the same lines?  If not, why?

One of the more frequent posters in the DT thread would be posting here advocating for the death penalty. One guess who that would be. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Why was Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha?

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

2.  I cannot imagine the outrage if a black family got some welfare money (pandemic-related unemployment check), used the money and an (obviously, illegal) shill buyer to get an assault rifle, and then his mother (who participated in the gun-buying scheme as a shill "owner") drove him across three counties and a state line in order to drop him off at a "Unite the Right" rally, and all of that predictably ended in multiple deaths.  Also, "free as fuck" shirts, gang signs posing with members of his same race, etc.

I mean, would this thread still break down along the same lines?  If not, why?

So the difference is Kyle would be black, and the riot would be right wing instead of left? it wouldn't be any different. People attacked black Kyle, and he defended himself.