Raiders WR Henry Ruggs charged with DUI resulting in death after drunken crash kills someone

shadow_operative

2 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

Throw the book at the fucker. Geez. Such a senseless end to a life. I guess for both but no sympathy for Ruggs.

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Anyone doing 156 in a residential area who kills someone should get the death penalty regardless of whether they have any intoxicant in their system…

Yeah, this is where I am. No question about identifying the perpetrator. If you're not going to have dram shop laws to hold the server accountable, then you must put the maximum penalty on the drinker. But we don't want to be harsh on the drunkards so they don't face a life sentence unless they're repeat offenders that finally kill someone on the 4th or 5th time.

And to those of you thinking he'll eventually play again, it depends on where the sentence lands.  As others have said, Vegas may want to make an example for all the new pros in town. Dead woman heard screaming for her life and he walks away with a cut nose and sore neck? Don't know the general attitude of the Vegas prosecutor's office, but I gotta think they don't have much sympathy for any of the shit they deal with on a daily basis in Sin City. As a first-time offender with a death, he's looking at 2-20 years. Ain't no team want a 40something WR, now matter how much of a killer attitude.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/03/derek-carr-henry-ruggs-iii-text-dui-car-accident-raiders

In his meeting with the media, Carr also revealed that Ruggs had texted him and wide receiver Hunter Renfrow on the night of the crash, asking for tips for his golf swing.

bruh I am 18 shots in at top golf any tips to correct this hook?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Yeah, this is where I am. No question about identifying the perpetrator. If you're not going to have dram shop laws to hold the server accountable, then you must put the maximum penalty on the drinker. But we don't want to be harsh on the drunkards so they don't face a life sentence unless they're repeat offenders that finally kill someone on the 4th or 5th time.

And to those of you thinking he'll eventually play again, it depends on where the sentence lands.  As others have said, Vegas may want to make an example for all the new pros in town. Dead woman heard screaming for her life and he walks away with a cut nose and sore neck? Don't know the general attitude of the Vegas prosecutor's office, but I gotta think they don't have much sympathy for any of the shit they deal with on a daily basis in Sin City. As a first-time offender with a death, he's looking at 2-20 years. Ain't no team want a 40something WR, now matter how much of a killer attitude.

Idk about death penalty but 156 is putting other peoples lives in jeopardy.   I hope he spends a long time in jail.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Anyone doing 156 in a residential area who kills someone should get the death penalty regardless of whether they have any intoxicant in their system…

Just coming to post this. You want to see triple digits on some empty stretch of highway? Fine, whatever. Fuck anyone pushing 150 with anyone within 10 miles of them. Something tells me he's not obeying every traffic sign sober.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Just coming to post this. You want to see triple digits on some empty stretch of highway? Fine, whatever. Fuck anyone pushing 150 with anyone within 10 miles of them. Something tells me he's not obeying every traffic sign sober.

And there’s no shortage of these roads outside of Vegas.  I am a bit of a hypocrite here, as I did some dumb shit in a car when I was a ute, but I never mixed speeding and drinking.  If I had been drinking you better believe I was going the speed limit on the way home.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

And there’s no shortage of these roads outside of Vegas.  I am a bit of a hypocrite here, as I did some dumb shit in a car when I was a ute, but I never mixed speeding and drinking.  If I had been drinking you better believe I was going the speed limit on the way home.
That is one of the things I'm struggling to understand. I was stupid when I was younger and definitely drove while drunk a few times, but I never had the thought/urge to drive 150mph. I was trying to obey every traffic law to make sure I didn't get pulled over.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:
18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That is one of the things I'm struggling to understand. I was stupid when I was younger and definitely drove while drunk a few times, but I never had the thought/urge to drive 150mph. I was trying to obey every traffic law to make sure I didn't get pulled over.

We are also not professional athletes who have been coddled their entire lives.  My thought process would be something like “fuck, I don’t want to wait/pay for a cab, I’m not really that drunk, let’s be careful and get home safely.”  His thought process was apparently, well I’m not sure I can really understand what it was.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yeah but sometimes it’s difficult to say no to a celebrity. 

I was a fairly new bartender at the Silver Dollar South in 1980 - working the bar next to the stage - when my boss told me to make sure George Jones didn’t drink too much between sets. The last time he was there, he was too plastered to crawl on stage for the second set. I kept him sober enough by engaging him in conversation and ignoring his requests for another one.

I was barely 19 years old, and it still wasn’t that difficult. My boss had been my boss in San Antonio the previous summer, so I guess he trusted me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/03/derek-carr-henry-ruggs-iii-text-dui-car-accident-raiders
In his meeting with the media, Carr also revealed that Ruggs had texted him and wide receiver Hunter Renfrow on the night of the crash, asking for tips for his golf swing.

bruh I am 18 shots in at top golf any tips to correct this hook?

Texted white people about golf , little racist .
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

well, i have confirmed with my source that Ruggs left Top Golf at midnight.  he didn't do 18 shots there.  at least not of alcohol.  this wasn't a situation where Top Golf stayed open late for him and he left there shitfaced, then got in the wreck.  he was gone when Top Golf closed at midnight, so he definitely went somewhere else before he got in the wreck at 3:40 a.m.  those 3+ hours need to be filled in.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

well, i have confirmed with my source that Ruggs left Top Golf at midnight.  he didn't do 18 shots there.  at least not of alcohol.  this wasn't a situation where Top Golf stayed open late for him and he left there shitfaced, then got in the wreck.  he was gone when Top Golf closed at midnight, so he definitely went somewhere else before he got in the wreck at 3:40 a.m.  those 3+ hours need to be filled in.

I saw a reporters tweet that it “appears he went to a friends house.” Possibly the person who was in the Snapchat video playing at top shot with him and his girlfriend.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

In my head i'm having a hard time not thinking he should get the full 20 years. The speed, the nature of the death, if not here, then what in the world WOULD justify it?

20 years would be kind.

He knew excessive alcohol will fuck you up

He knew driving impaired is dangerous

He knew driving 125 mph is reckless

At any time he could of hired a drive home (money is not an issue) 

He took a life from intentional careless and reckless behavior. 

FUCK this guy  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

In my head i'm having a hard time not thinking he should get the full 20 years. The speed, the nature of the death, if not here, then what in the world WOULD justify it?

I’ve never heard of a first time offender getting the max sentence for a dwi crash no matter what circumstance.

• Hook 'Em 1