Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Haven't seen a Milroe update but here's on from OB 
Take, for instance, last week … Milroe was pulled in the second quarter because Tompkins thumped Clear Creek 70-21, but his stat line was pretty ridiculous. Milroe finished his night 4-of-4 passing for 94 yards and 1 touchdown. On the ground, he carried three times for 128 yards and he scored on ALL THREE CARRIES. That’ll work.

On the year, Milroe has completed 77 percent of his passes for 774 yards with 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. He has rushed for 158 yards and 3 scores on just 10 carries.

He’s got Katy next Thursday. Might have to go watch.

27 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

That costs us a counter.  Walk on scholarship don’t cost anything if they’ve been on campus for 2 years.

At this point we need to offer full scholarships to his kids. Do........whatever.......it.........takes. 

Don't be a Patterson. He probably would've overridden the head coach and told him the only number that matters is how many scholarships you save every year. 

13 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I don’t know the rule, can you expand on this?  Are you saying they won’t count against the 85 limit?  Thanks 

Each recruiting class has a limit of 25 scholarship signees. Walkons don't count towards that and early enrollees can be counted back towards the previous year. 

I honestly have no idea where our counter is at, but Luke now counts as a part of our 2018 class. I really don't think it matters moving forward. It will only become an issue if we're trying to sign like 28 or 29 guys in a class but it's unlikely that will ever be the case.

55 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I don’t know the rule, can you expand on this?  Are you saying they won’t count against the 85 limit?  Thanks 

Bodacious got it.

You get 25 counters per year.  Giving a walk on that has been on the team for 2 seasons doesn’t count towards that number (it still counts towards the 85 but this helps encourage coaches to give the available scholarships to walk ons without handicapping their current year recruiting).  The 2 seasons rule is so that schools can’t go over the 25 counter cap and claim someone is a walk on and then give them a scholarship (like we are in this situation).

Just to be clear I’m not against them giving out the scholarship, I was simply pointing out that it counts towards our counters.