Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Super K notes

***Jalen Milroe mentioned that he will be at the Cotton Bowl this week. I’ve actually been meaning to make a few notes about how he looked against Katy last week.

I was thoroughly impressed. It’s early, but he looks like he’s going to be a stud for Texas.

Milroe being in Dallas for the game isn’t a surprise but it’s a nice confirmation. He’s your lead recruiter in this 2021 class and Texas needs to continue to improve talent as they work to get back to a national championship run.

***In the latter part of the summer I spoke with 2021 WR, Agiye Hall (Seffner, FL). Hall is a 5-star WR from Armwood, one of the top high school programs in Florida.

He’s big. He’s fast. He’s a weapon.

There is a chance he and his friend, Mario Williams (Plant City), who is also from the Tampa area will make it for the Red River Rivalry.

Mario is a dangerous player as well. Both are fast but Mario is a smaller more sudden player with speed. A friend of mine saw him live and said he’s basically Hollywood Brown.

Both Hall and Williams want to play together. In fact, I’ve been told they want to commit on the same day, as well.

Both are high on Oklahoma. In fact, OU probably leads for both. Texas has been working to make a run at them. The Texas staff knows, these are the kind of guys that make an offense hum and you certainly don’t want to have to play against them.

The Texas staff has made some in-roads and the two were planning on making it in this weekend for the game.

I spoke with a source in the Florida area who is close to Hall and I was told that we will have final confirmation by tomorrow as to whether they will be able to make it in.

If they do make it in, it’s obviously a great chance to show the two athletes that Texas is a wide receiver friendly offense.

• Like 1

TFB Open Post is up

https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/10/open-post-weekend-october-11th-13th/

Spoiler

***2021 5-star OT, Savion Byrd will be at the game. He’s an elite guy and there’s a good chance his recruitment could come down to the two teams playing at the Cotton Bowl this weekend.

***2021 4-star OT, Donovan Jackson says he will also be in town. I think Milroe and co have been doing some work here.

***Brockermeyer’s, not surprisingly, will be in town but I don’t sense OU is a player here.

***A guy who is considering both Texas and OU is 5-star running back, Camar Wheaton (Lakeview Centennial). He is expected to be in attendance.

***The two talented 2021 twin wide receivers, Blaine and Bryson Green (Allen), are also expected to be there.

This is another situation where it could very well come down to Texas and OU.

***Lastly, I’ll mention that 4-star DE/DT, Shemar Turner (DeSoto) is expected to be in town.

There are obviously additional visitors but I think the above are the key visitors given their status and schools they are considering.

IT visitors list

QB Jalen Milroe, Tompkins (Katy, TX) (TEXAS): The man that almost slayed big, bad Katy deserves a Fletcher's Corny Dog. I mean, it's a work day for Saint Milroe.

RB Camar Wheaton, Lakeview Centennial (Garland, TX): The five-star speed back is on both - Texas-OU and Alabama-A&M - visitor list. A few close to him say he'll be at the Cotton Bowl. Get that man a funnel cake.

RB Cam'Ron Valdez, Rockdale (Rockdale, TX): We're getting used to seeing the Rockdale program produce these guys. At 5-foot-9, 180, he's got offers from the SEC, Big Ten, and Big 12. He just picked up Utah, who does a great job evaluating, last night.

WR Quay Davis, Skyline (Dallas, TX) (TEXAS): He'll be in attendance with Saint Milroe and the #trUTh21 clique.

TE Lake McRee, Lake Travis (Austin, TX): It's bad enough he has to sit out the year due to injury (knee), at least he gets seats for the best spectacle in college football.

OL James Brockermeyer, Fort Worth All Saints’ Episcopal: Best of all, he and Tommy will be in town next week for the Kansas game.

OL Tommy Brockermeyer, Fort Worth All Saints’ Episcopal: Drink it in, Tommy, and watch #52 closely.

OL Hayden Conner, Taylor (Katy, TX): This Rocket Man is not only one of the nation's top offensive linemen, he might be the point-man on Bryce Foster, the other Katy Taylor hoss that UT fans want to "steal" from Texas A&M for a lifetime supply of schadenfreude.

DE Ja’Tavion Sanders, Ryan (Denton, TX): This two-way star from Ryan who is already committed is living up to his hype. He's more dynamic than anticipated.

CB Billy Bowman Jr., Ryan (Denton, TX): The other two-way stud from Ryan headed to Austin wouldn't miss this game. OU wanted BB2.

S JD Coffey III, Kennedale (Kennedale, TX): Even though Coffey hasn't had the best season, there's still a lot to like about his game and potential. He loves Texas and we'd bet would commit if asked.

Just to add some more perspective, this is our current oline's 247 composite rankings: 

Samuel Cosmi 3* 1123 

Braun, Parker 3* 442

Zach Shackelford 3* 1150

Junior Angilau 4* 125 

Derek Kerstetter 3* 619

Not exactly a bunch of squandered poorly performing talent. Good thing we got a lot more young highly rated players behind them. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

Just to add some more perspective, this is our current oline's 247 composite rankings: 
Samuel Cosmi 3* 1123 
Braun, Parker 3* 442
Zach Shackelford 3* 1150
Junior Angilau 4* 125 
Derek Kerstetter 3* 619
Not exactly a bunch of squandered poorly performing talent. Good thing we got a lot more young highly rated players behind them. 

Ya today it was clear we are not yet on par with OU or LSU talent-wise, and not close enough to out coach either of them. Need 2020 and 2021 recruits to finish out the talent upgrade.
  • Like 1

Talked with someone close to Bryce Foster's family today. He's already announced that he'll release his top ten soon. Texas and Georgia are significantly in front of the rest of the pack in that regard. I don't recall exactly how it was worded to me but it was made pretty clear that Foster wasn't seriously considering Bama or A&M at this point, although there is still plenty of time before he commits. He'll be in attendance for the Baylor game. I obviously have nothing to back this up so if you want to disregard this feel free.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, art_____vandelay said:

Talked with someone close to Bryce Foster's family today. He's already announced that he'll release his top ten soon. Texas and Georgia are significantly in front of the rest of the pack in that regard. I don't recall exactly how it was worded to me but it was made pretty clear that Foster wasn't seriously considering Bama or A&M at this point, although there is still plenty of time before he commits. He'll be in attendance for the Baylor game. I obviously have nothing to back this up so if you want to disregard this feel free.

That's good enough for me. Put him in the god damn calculator. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, art_____vandelay said:

Well, we play at baylor this year. Perhaps they meant Kansas game.