Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

You're overly concerned about so many prospects you can't keep them straight

#satyacarton 

Or your memory is as faulty as mine.

That being said, if you want to compare to me Satya, I guess that would make you an analog for...I dont know, who's the biggest sunshine pumper around? GlennFromTheMailRoom? MaybeACoordinator? I dont know, I try not to visit the football board much except to laugh at Randolph Duke for being an Autistic buffoon who has regular imaginary tea parties with Del Conte and the Board of Regents. 

• Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Or your memory is as faulty as mine.

That being said, if you want to compare to me Satya, I guess that would make you an analog for...I dont know, who's the biggest sunshine pumper around? GlennFromTheMailRoom? MaybeACoordinator? I dont know, I try not to visit the football board much except to laugh at Randolph Duke for being an Autistic buffoon who has regular imaginary tea parties with Del Conte and the Board of Regents. 

I thread the needle between pumper and satya like fucking betsy ross 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Stampede or IT mentioned some recruits reaching out to the staff about going to a 4-man front.  Maybe Adeleye was one?

That’s silly, if true. Baylor’s three man front was great this year in a spread league, and the best DC in the country, Venables, started frequently playing three man fronts this year 

I think multiple is the way to go depending on matchups, witch three man fronts and a stand up edge rusher probably the best vs current spread offenses

Both can work, as long as you’re not Todd Orlando-ing all over yourself 

Roach on Quay Davis

Spoiler

Quay Davis was the first commit in the 2021 Texas class. He was also the first to decommit. The four-star wide receiver from Dallas Skyline announced his decommitment in November. Since that time, he’s been able to take some other visits. Davis recently went to Baton Rouge, and he enjoyed his time there, but he said that Texas still holds a large place in his heart.

“I’ve been to LSU,” he said. “That’s about it. It was ok. Nothing’s better than Texas though, they’ll always be on my list no matter what. But I went to the game, took a lot of pictures and hand a lot of fun.”

Now that he’s back on the market, schools are really starting to turn up the heat on him. Davis said that Texas and LSU are among the schools recruiting him the hardest, and several other regional powers are in the picture as well.

“Texas, LSU just started coming into the picture, Utah, Oklahoma, and Arkansas,” he said. “There’s a lot too, I just can’t remember them all.”

Davis backed off of his commitment to take some more visits and make sure he’s making the right decisions. He plans to take some official visits during the spring and make his decision before his senior season.

“I’d say next year around May,” Davis said. “It’s really hard. I want to see what schools are going to sling the ball the most and where I can go play as a freshman.”

At 6-feet, 193 pounds, Davis is ranked as the No. 13 wide receiver in the nation and No. 14 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.