Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Roach on Quay Davis

Hide contents

Quay Davis was the first commit in the 2021 Texas class. He was also the first to decommit. The four-star wide receiver from Dallas Skyline announced his decommitment in November. Since that time, he’s been able to take some other visits. Davis recently went to Baton Rouge, and he enjoyed his time there, but he said that Texas still holds a large place in his heart.

“I’ve been to LSU,” he said. “That’s about it. It was ok. Nothing’s better than Texas though, they’ll always be on my list no matter what. But I went to the game, took a lot of pictures and hand a lot of fun.”

Now that he’s back on the market, schools are really starting to turn up the heat on him. Davis said that Texas and LSU are among the schools recruiting him the hardest, and several other regional powers are in the picture as well.

“Texas, LSU just started coming into the picture, Utah, Oklahoma, and Arkansas,” he said. “There’s a lot too, I just can’t remember them all.”

Davis backed off of his commitment to take some more visits and make sure he’s making the right decisions. He plans to take some official visits during the spring and make his decision before his senior season.

“I’d say next year around May,” Davis said. “It’s really hard. I want to see what schools are going to sling the ball the most and where I can go play as a freshman.”

At 6-feet, 193 pounds, Davis is ranked as the No. 13 wide receiver in the nation and No. 14 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

Would love to get him back in the class. The guy is just a straight up baller

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah, we need to absolutely keep Bowman and Sanders.  Sanders may be a better pass rusher than Landon Jackson.

Sanders and Jackson both fit best as even front outside ends, so they change helps in that sense 

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

@Harvdog Roach said going to a 4-man front has renewed Adeleye's interest in Texas, still think Texas in the end??

I think we have a solid shot. The 3 man was never going to work. I think he’s supposed to make an announcement about some choices soon. I think it will all change if the defense is solid next year and we win 10 games. He wants to win. He may choose someone but I would t get too excited until he actually signs. 

4 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Chris Ash had his first round of 2021 recruit follows today. They were Bama commit Latrell Mccutchin, Landon Jackson, Hunter Washington, Tumise Adeleye, UT commit Billy Bowman, and UT commit Derrick Harris.

That’s a solid group that would look great in Burnt Orange. All Ash needs to do is show a defense that allows the players to be in the right position and play to their strengths. Everyone of those guys are difference makers and would help get us to the ultimate goal. I hope he works his magic, we get the results and these kids see the light and follow it to Austin. 

Aggie 247 / Perroni / Adeleye: 5-star DE Adeleye pushes decision date back

Spoiler

Not long ago, Katy Tompkins five-star class of 2021 defensive end Tunmise Adeleye shared that he planned to make an early college decision. The date was set for Jan. 8 as he planned to do so in his father's birthday.

While the 6-foot-3, 260-pound defender has things narrowed down in his mind a bit, he is not quite ready to make a decision in the next two weeks.

Adeleye has pushed back his decision date now to Aug. 1, 2020.

"I've got to take my official visits in the spring," Adeleye told GigEm247.

Adeleye currently has a top five of Alabama, Ohio State, Texas A&M, LSU and Oklahoma with the first three having a bit of a leg up at this point.

Though things could change some, those five schools are the likely ones to receive official visits from Adeleye this coming spring and summer.

Ranked as the No. 26 overall prospect in the country per the industry-generated 247Sports composite ratings for the class of 2021, Adeleye was named a unanimous first-team all-district selection for the second-straight year in 2019. He finished his junior season with 53 tackles, eight tackles for loss, four sacks and a forced fumble.

21 hours ago, Harvdog said:

I think we have a solid shot. The 3 man was never going to work. I think he’s supposed to make an announcement about some choices soon. I think it will all change if the defense is solid next year and we win 10 games. He wants to win. He may choose someone but I would t get too excited until he actually signs. 

ln your mind, when is it going to be okay to actually mock you for how far in the tank you are on a guy that clearly has his hand out? Or are you going to be defending him long after he signs with Bama?

2 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Hand out?  So you are insinuating that he’s getting paid?  This comment alone shows what a major league dumbass you are. You don’t know this kid.  You don’t know his family. You get all butthurt about the Twitter trolling of a 16 year old.  Until he signs his LOI it doesn’t matter.  Don’t go full aggy and criticize him because of what you think based on some posts on social media.  We saw how angry aggy was about losing a cancer like Evans and they went full retard. Never go full retard, unless you are closetojumping 🙄 

If he goes to Bama, it has more to do with Nick Saban and their history of successful DL in the NFL. OU and aggy were all in on the 3 man front and the 4I. That’s no longer an issue. He was set to make his choice. What changed?  Simple, we hired Chris Ash and he runs a 4 man front.  That’s what he wants to play in.  He didn’t want to play the 4I.  Can anyone blame him?  He’s tight with Jalen and Hayden.  I know they are working on him.  They have all played together since 5th grade.  He had crossed us off his list with Orlando as the DC.   Now he’s changing his his commitment date from January to August. 🤔. He will make 2-3 visits to Texas in the spring and if he likes what he sees and hears I think he ends up in Austin.  That’s just my opinion and I could be wrong.  I hope whatever he chooses that it’s the right choice for him and his family.  

23 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I’ll add that whenever this dbag does the edits, they just about never choose Texas in the end

LMFAO!

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

It doesn’t matter until a LOI is signed.  When he comes and visits in the Spring and everyone thinks there is a chance, I will refer to CTJ ‘s post.  If he comes, great.  If he goes somewhere else, that’s his choice.  Would he help the defense?  Yes. Do I hope he comes to UT?  Of course.  Again....this is a 16 year old kid who is being courted by every big name coach and football program in the country.  Let him enjoy the process and when he signs, we can discuss then.  

• Like 1

It all comes down to winning. We have all said numerous times that winning cures all. The defense needs to be solid and the 4 man front is the key for the best DL recruits in the 2021 class. Same for the OL. There are 4-5 guys we need next year and 2 are legacies. We win 10 games and this isn’t even a conversation.  We get errrrrbody

18 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Things could happen, but also, they might not happen, it depends. If they do, then it could be great, but at the same time if they do not, then it might not be as great. One thing is for sure: we will see and I will gladly tell you the full story of what happened the day after signing day for $9.95 today Lol my friend. 

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

This is the exact opposite of what you're trying to say. ..

Because Tunmise left off Texas he won't sign with them? No, I'm pretty sure I'm saying what I mean. Kids are fucking stupid because they're kids and can be persuaded quite easily depending on how well teams are doing at their respective position, record, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Because Tunmise left off Texas he won't sign with them? No, I'm pretty sure I'm saying what I mean. Kids are fucking stupid because they're kids and can be persuaded quite easily depending on how well teams are doing at their respective position, record, etc. 

Citing Demas to show Tunmise is on the up and up is comical. Demas is pretty much the last example you'd want to use in that situation. Please continue to confuse your ass and hole in the ground.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Harvdog said:

It doesn’t matter until a LOI is signed.  When he comes and visits in the Spring and everyone thinks there is a chance, I will refer to CTJ ‘s post.  If he comes, great.  If he goes somewhere else, that’s his choice.  Would he help the defense?  Yes. Do I hope he comes to UT?  Of course.  Again....this is a 16 year old kid who is being courted by every big name coach and football program in the country.  Let him enjoy the process and when he signs, we can discuss then.  

Not to be a dick, but you are using the Aggy fan recruiting posting handbook. It includes the following tried and true posts 

1. It’s not about stars, we just need to coach em up. 

2. Long way till signing day 

3. They’ll get theirs. There is enough for everyone 

4. This guy should be a 4 star. 

5.  Watch the tape. 

6.  Mod puts in Crystal Ball to Aggy (after the recruit says anything not negative about Aggy)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Not to be a dick, but you are using the Aggy fan recruiting posting handbook. It includes the following tried and true posts 

1. It’s not about stars, we just need to coach em up. 

2. Long way till signing day 

3. They’ll get theirs. There is enough for everyone 

4. This guy should be a 4 star. 

5.  Watch the tape. 

6.  Mod puts in Crystal Ball to Aggy (after the recruit says anything not negative about Aggy)

He'd be a 5 star, or top 10 player, if he lived  in Texas. 

• Like 2