Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Did not see this yet on Surly... Siap

***🚨Mouth Breather Warning🚨***

The State of Recruiting Podcast: "Previewing a big visit weekend"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-state-of-recruiting-previewing-a-big-visit-weekend/id1478796829?i=1000462606539 

This week, Mike and Bobby discuss the upcoming Texas visit weekend and some of the recent coaching changes.

Hosts: Bobby Burton and Mike Roach

31 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Brock's recruitment has a Walker Little feel to it. I say fuck it and have Herb Hand go lay a big fucking pipe clogging shit in the Brock's guest restroom. Then we can all move on.

More of a Jake Matthews thing, right? The dad knows a thing or two, realizes that our coaching staff is a bunch of fuckups, and it's up to us to prove otherwise?

38 minutes ago, tokamak said:

More of a Jake Matthews thing, right? The dad knows a thing or two, realizes that our coaching staff is a bunch of fuckups, and it's up to us to prove otherwise?

I don't think it's fair to compare Herb Hand to whoever the incompetent and under-qualified OL coach du jour was under Mack during those years. Nunez? MacWhorter? There's also a slight difference between being a 3rd generation Longhorn football player with a brother already on scholarship, and being the son of a Southern California transplant living in Houston. These kids' grandfather played for Darrel Royal for fuck's sake. If the Brockermeyers don't end up at Texas, there is just no way to spin it. It will be the biggest Texas recruiting fuck up I can recall in 30ish years of following this shit. 

• Like 3

CTJ is ideally positioned here. If Tunmise picks us, he can modestly declare that he has firsthand knowledge that we won the auction so he was right all along. If Tunmise picks someone else, he can modestly declare that he has firsthand knowledge that he picked somewhere else for the money. I hate this term, but that’s a win/win. 

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Did not see this yet on Surly... Siap

***🚨Mouth Breather Warning🚨***

The State of Recruiting Podcast: "Previewing a big visit weekend"

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-state-of-recruiting-previewing-a-big-visit-weekend/id1478796829?i=1000462606539 

This week, Mike and Bobby discuss the upcoming Texas visit weekend and some of the recent coaching changes.

Hosts: Bobby Burton and Mike Roach

where you to can listen to Mike exhale loudly through his nose on mike. 

The Brockermeyers are the same as Collins. At the end of the day, their dad was an AA here. Collins's mom was a star basketball player here. UT legacies are that are actually good are near locks to end up at UT. I can't think of the last time Texas lost out on a highly sought after legacy, no matter how horrible the coaching staff may or may not be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Wow. Yeah, my man, I'm not sure you should be talking shit about getting references. Christ almighty, it's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids or something.

Oh! I got this one! Tombstone. Right? It's a reference to the film Tombstone starring Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliot, Bill Paxton, and the great Powers Boothe. 

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The Brockermeyers are the same as Collins. At the end of the day, their dad was an AA here. Collins's mom was a star basketball player here. UT legacies are that are actually good are near locks to end up at UT. I can't think of the last time Texas lost out on a highly sought after legacy, no matter how horrible the coaching staff may or may not be.

You're trying to jinx this, aren't you?

Edited by irishtexan

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

CTJ is ideally positioned here. If Tunmise picks us, he can modestly declare that he has firsthand knowledge that we won the auction so he was right all along. If Tunmise picks someone else, he can modestly declare that he has firsthand knowledge that he picked somewhere else for the money. I hate this term, but that’s a win/win. 

The problem for me here is that @Harvdog is too dense and unaware for me to run this game forever. I'll get bored and give up the ghost about giving a shit about this guy's recruitment once Texas is ruled out. An entire squadron of jokes and references has flown over this dude's head in the last few pages. 

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

And some of them that aren't good are locks as well.

134071715.jpg

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The problem for me here is that @Harvdog is too dense and unaware for me to run this game forever. I'll get bored and give up the ghost about giving a shit about this guy's recruitment once Texas is ruled out. An entire squadron of jokes and references has flown over this dude's head in the last few pages. 

Like I said, you gaslight people and expect them to believe you. Classic narcissist. Narcissists try and make you and others think that what they did is your fault. They will create lies and try to pass them off as truth. For example, you claim I have missed numerous references. What are they?  Playing cards with kids?  The fact is you can’t answer my question so you have created the maze of bullshit so you don’t look like the weak and inept person you are. As long as some people believe you, you think you have power and matter. That explains why you question people’s intellect and motives. Classic narcissist. Always smarter and a step ahead when you are actually scared and a step behind.   Still haven’t answered the reference that you can’t answer so I will leave it that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Like I said, you gaslight people and expect them to believe you. Classic narcissist. Narcissists try and make you and others think that what they did is your fault. They will create lies and try to pass them off as truth. For example, you claim I have missed numerous references. What are they?  Playing cards with kids?  The fact is you can’t answer my question so you have created the maze of bullshit so you don’t look like the weak and inept person you are. As long as some people believe you, you think you have power and matter. That explains why you question people’s intellect and motives. Classic narcissist. Always smarter and a step ahead when you are actually scared and a step behind.   Still haven’t answered the reference that you can’t answer so I will leave it that. 

I actually just published a white paper on the subject

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Oh! I got this one! Tombstone. Right? It's a reference to the film Tombstone starring Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliot, Bill Paxton, and the great Powers Boothe. 

JFC. 

I don’t see this recruitment ending early, so I guess we have to buckle up for this back and forth bullshit 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

JFC. 

I don’t see this recruitment ending early, so I guess we have to buckle up for this back and forth bullshit 

Oh I'm sorry. Did you have something insightful to add? A recruiting-related update of substance? Would you like to offer your analysis of a 2021 recruit's tape? Or do you just want to bitch about people posting messages on a  message board when there ain't shit going on and ain't shit to report? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

your-references-are-out-of-control-gif.g

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

22wgev.jpg

32 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Pages and pages of cheese puns, DC/Baltimore geography, and other non-sensical bullshit, but my annoyance with that broke the camels back? Ok.  Back to your regular programming, some fucking guy trying to equate CTJ to Cardi B. 

So you agree that your post is roped in with all of those other posts?  If that’s the case does that mean you’re bitching at yourself about posting useless posts with no recruiting information as well?  

...damn man don’t be so hard on yourself.  You’ll figure it out if you give yourself some time to do so!