Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Not at all. Funny how a bunch of guys are rubbing  one out to a 16 year old who didn’t attend a Junior day. Sad and pathetic. 

Signing day is 330 days away. Stop getting so worked up about it. 

I don’t think any members of this website are masturbating to a 16 year old boy. Especially one that isn’t into us. That would we weird and gross.

9 hours ago, Hornsfan91 said:

IT Quick Notes from Elite Day

Texas' first major recruiting event of the new year had two 2020 defensive linemen and a handful of top prospects from the 2021 and 2022 classes. Here are a few quick notes from speaking with the recruits after the event. 

2021 Cy-Fair RB LJ Johnson.
.. Johnson saw his offer list grow over the last few months. He wants to see LSU and Ohio State, but I still think Texas made a big jump today. Milroe, Harris, and other commits are pushing and he’s listening. He met Mike Yurcich, who told Johnson he's the type of tailback Texas needs. Stan Drayton spent some time with the Houston-area product, too. Texas looks dandy here. 

Big NASA and The Mountain... aka 2021 Katy Taylor O-linemen Hayden Conner and Bryce Foster were in the house. Conner looks 6-foot-7. Foster told me he runs a sub-5.0 forty at 6-foot-5, 348 pounds.. The Texas track & field staff spoke to Foster and that’s going to be a factor for his signature. Foster says he could take some OVs this spring and Texas is definitely getting one. His relationship with Herb Hand is also key. 

2021 New Caney LB Derrick Harris Jr...The Texas commit runs the 200m and 400m in track and also swims competitively. If only more young athletes understood the advantage being a strong swimmer can do for your athletic development. 

2021 Kennedale DB JD Coffey wanted to hear more from Texas. New DC Chris Ash made it happen and gave a great first-impression to Coffey and his parents. The four-star loved bonding with the new staff and will be back soon. Notre Dame is getting a visit too. 

More 2020 Bastrop Cedar Creek DL Alfred Collins... Joe spoke with the 6-foot-6, 282-pound defensive lineman but I caught up with his mother, Benita Pollard-Collins. She's been a very gracious lady throughout this process, and you can tell she’s ready for NSD2 to get here. Tom Herman and Oscar Giles prioritized Collins and it shows. She’s very comfortable with the school and staff. I’m sticking with my Texas pick. 

2021 Denton Ryan ATH Ja’Tavian Sanders knows he’s probably a DE at 6-foot-4 weighing 235 pounds, but the Texas pledge is going to keep an open mind to playing WR. He met with Chris Ash, and that should tell you where he’ll play. Kid has filled out. He’s a 5-star. 

2021 Texarkana Pleasant Grove DL Landon Jackson...I keep reading about Texas A&M, Ohio State, and LSU. Well, going to a four-man front is huge for the East Texas five-star. He spoke at length with Chris Ash and Oscar Giles. Texas will get one of his five spring OVs, and they’ll be in his top 5 this summer before announcing in August. 

2021 Katy Tompkins QB Jalen Milroe 
met Mike Yurcich face-to-face for the first time today and said he enjoyed getting to know his future offensive coordinator. He spent time getting to know not just offensive coaches, but even coaches on the other side of the ball. Worked on LJ Johnson, Latrell Neville, and Bryce Foster today. He sounded very excited for the offensive changes, and said there should be more downfield passing in the offense. 

2021 Everman ATH Juan Davis returned to his future home. He spoke with new TEs coach Jay Boulware and started building their relationship since Boulware didn't recruit Davis while at Oklahoma. Davis is firmly committed and said he isn't hearing from other schools.

Alfred Collins might be the top remaining target on Texas' board. He met with Chris Ash today and said he liked what he heard from the staff regarding Texas' new defensive scheme. Baylor is out. Lincoln Riley and Tom Herman have yet to go in-home. Nick Saban will be in Bastrop on Monday. Collins plans to decide NSD2, but getting him back on campus was a big plus for the Longhorns.

2021 Missouri City Hightower WR Latrell Neville was on campus once again. Mike Yurcich recruited Neville while at Ohio State, and Neville noticed the numbers produced by offenses with Yurcich's influence. Said on the record that he wants to stay in state. Neville and Andre Coleman have a relationship that comes from Coleman's days at Kansas State.

2020 Manor DL Princely Umanmielen spoke with Chris Ash as well. The four-man front is big for him, and Texas spoke with him about playing at 5-tech. Oregon, Auburn, Florida, and potentially Alabama are the schools Texas is contending with. Umanmielen spoke with Troy Omeire, Xavion Alford, and Hudson Card while on campus.

2021 Texarkana Pleasant Grove DL Marcus Burris tripped to Austin with teammate Landon Jackson. Burris plans to take his official visits in the spring and knows right now he will see Texas and Texas A&M. Per Burris, the coaches did a good job today of letting him know how he would be utilized if he came to Texas, likely on the interior of the DL.

2021 Magnolia OL Matthew Wykoff spent time with Herb Hand today. He's camped and seen a game in Austin before, and said he was excited to receive his recent offer. He was complimentary of the culture at Texas.

I hope we do t pull a Charlie this year

10 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Not at all. Funny how a bunch of guys are rubbing  one out to a 16 year old who didn’t attend a Junior day. Sad and pathetic. 

Signing day is 330 days away. Stop getting so worked up about it. 

This “signing day is x days away” refrain from you is going to get more and more hilarious as the year goes on. 

Just admit that the price wasn’t right for the visit and be honest for once. 

I mean, the real thing it do is ask Harvdog what happened. Tunmise tweeted he was going the day before to Billy Bowman. Harvdog is the guy’s neighbor, so maybe he can confirm to us that the kid had Car Trouble. Certainly he’d have seen a popped hood and smoking engine from down the street? Or if the price wasn’t right. It certainly has the feeling of late hour negotiations that fell apart. 

Or maybe the kid is a social media drama queen and likes attention and fucking with people like Zach Evans? I’m just trying to puzzle this one out. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

On 1/17/2020 at 10:27 AM, Hornsfan91 said:

DE Landon Jackson, Pleasant Grove: After a simply dominating junior campaign, that included a birth on the USA Today All-American first team and another 4A DII state title,

Are we gonna have to out-recruit Georgia's childcare again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This “signing day is x days away” refrain from you is going to get more and more hilarious as the year goes on. 

Let’s cut to the chase. I don’t remember any FWK tweets with him. Is he a Will Lyles special?  Ro Simon?

Edited by GRHorn

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Or maybe the kid is a social media drama queen and likes attention and fucking with people like Zach Evans? 

This is it. As far as I’ve seen, he’s never shown any interest in Texas and pretty much made fun of Princely for committing here (although it may have been more directed to the DL scheme).  I get the feeling that he thinks he’s bigger than Texas (and probably A&M depending on $$$) and will end up at a LSU/OSU/Bama.  

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The price?  You and your prices.  I guess the price is how you score all that pussy you bragged about not needing but liking.

My son is friends with him.  I haven’t asked my son why he didn’t go. Does it really matter?  I mean I am sure he’s worried that he might have alienated himself from CTJ since you are the all fucking knowing.  🙄. Why don’t you ask him via twitter since you are so worried about his social media presence?  That’s your chance to make your mark and call him out for his “Prices”. 

33 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

This is it. As far as I’ve seen, he’s never shown any interest in Texas and pretty much made fun of Princely for committing here (although it may have been more directed to the DL scheme).  I get the feeling that he thinks he’s bigger than Texas (and probably A&M depending on $$$) and will end up at a LSU/OSU/Bama.  

The origin of the whole “harvdog is very mean to that sweet, sweet closetojumping” thing is because Adeleye’s social media shit. I commented once that he was going to be easy root against when he ended up somewhere else. Harvdog lost his shit for the first time in responding that he’s a good boy and I must feel like a big man picking on a 16 year old and he’ll wind up at Texas and there are 550 days to signing day and blah blah blah. 

Then the player announced his top 5 and they’re the usual suspects plus ATM and it became clear what kind of recruitment this was. harvdog has been easy to make bawl ever since. 

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

The price?  You and your prices.  I guess the price is how you score all that pussy you bragged about not needing but liking.

My son is friends with him.  I haven’t asked my son why he didn’t go. Does it really matter?  I mean I am sure he’s worried that he might have alienated himself from CTJ since you are the all fucking knowing.  🙄. Why don’t you ask him via twitter since you are so worried about his social media presence?  That’s your chance to make your mark and call him out for his “Prices”. 

You’re just not very cultured are you Harvdog?

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

The pussy quote you’re referencing was an obvious appropriation of a quote from The Departed, you simpering twit. It wasn’t an actual brag or claim and it flew right by you, along with quotes from The Dark Knight and Tombstone. You’re taking the fun out of things by being such a clueless, naive idiot. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The pussy quote you’re referencing was an obvious appropriation of a quote from The Departed, you simpering twit. It wasn’t an actual brag or claim and it flew right by you, along with quotes from The Dark Knight and Tombstone. You’re taking the fun out of things by being such a clueless, naive idiot. 

Just cause you play a tough guy doesn’t mean you are one, you lace curtain Irish fuck.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

anticipation popcorn GIF

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have seen the movie. And I have seen tombstone as well.  The eye roll is a reference to your hyperbole. I guess you are too obtuse to understand that. 😉 (another reference)  Either way, being called a twit by you is laughable.  But I am glad I have free rent in your head and you go out of your way to try and bully me with your written attempts at insult.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Is this someone’s sock? Am I being punked? Where’s Ashton?

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He didn't say he received an offer, he said he received the scholarship. I assume paperwork has been signed. Put him in the calculator. 

he had the exact same quote for OUsux. sadly. i was looking for the commit announcement, but it seems thats just how he worded it. 

damn 16 year old kids and their grammar.   

37 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

2021 Harvdog/Closetojumping fight thread. Y’all should meet in real life and real fight about recruiting. That would be awesome

Too funny. I doubt he would ever meet face to face with anyone.  It’s one thing to call someone stupid and insult them directly to their face and hide behind a keyboard and talk shit.  Normally the guys who talk the most shit are the ones who are the weakest.  It’s their internet “bad ass” persona. I would have no problem having a beer and engaging in a civil conversation with anyone.  Had many drinks with many people from chatboards over the year and most are really good guys that are down to earth and enjoy the banter.  Used to tailgate with Bob before he went rogue and ripped people off.  Never once did the persona who talked the most shit ever show up.  Coincidence?  I think not. 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, the real thing it do is ask Harvdog what happened. Tunmise tweeted he was going the day before to Billy Bowman. Harvdog is the guy’s neighbor, so maybe he can confirm to us that the kid had Car Trouble. Certainly he’d have seen a popped hood and smoking engine from down the street? Or if the price wasn’t right. It certainly has the feeling of late hour negotiations that fell apart. 

Or maybe the kid is a social media drama queen and likes attention and fucking with people like Zach Evans? I’m just trying to puzzle this one out. 

You better hope he doesn't see this, because if he does you can count him destroying you with devastating meme you don't even understand. 4i Princley Umanlyman says hello. 

4 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Too funny. I doubt he would ever meet face to face with anyone.  It’s one thing to call someone stupid and insult them directly to their face and hide behind a keyboard and talk shit.  Normally the guys who talk the most shit are the ones who are the weakest.  It’s their internet “bad ass” persona. I would have no problem having a beer and engaging in a civil conversation with anyone.  Had many drinks with many people from chatboards over the year and most are really good guys that are down to earth and enjoy the banter.  Used to tailgate with Bob before he went rogue and ripped people off.  Never once did the persona who talked the most shit ever show up.  Coincidence?  I think not. 

Bob disappears after taking everyone's money and then 10 years later this guy just shows up and starts posting. Coincidence? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

He's cultured, he makes yogurt from his vagina.

Wow. That’s a good one Martillo de Texas 🙄. The obvious response is a cream pie reference to your old lady or mom but I won’t go there. This isn’t personal for me and what you think of me is insignificant. 

2 hours ago, Harvdog said:

I have seen the movie. And I have seen tombstone as well.  The eye roll is a reference to your hyperbole. I guess you are too obtuse to understand that. 😉 (another reference)  Either way, being called a twit by you is laughable.  But I am glad I have free rent in your head and you go out of your way to try and bully me with your written attempts at insult.  

You absolutely lost your shit when someone referenced this kid like they summoned Beetlejuice and then claim you live in someone’s head? 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

I’ve met plenty of people in person from the boards. Made quite a few friends from the UT boards over the years, actually. 

I have zero fear of meeting any of you in real life. Now, in harvdog’s case, we’re dealing with a super serious, hyper-sensitive, dim bulb with no apparent sense of humor or even vague awareness of pop culture and current events. I think it would be pretty boring. This is a guy that willingly hung out with Bob Wheeler for extended periods and is showing up 15 years later to brag about it. Grim.

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve met plenty of people in person from the boards. Made quite a few friends from the UT boards over the years, actually. 

I have zero fear of meeting any of you in real life. Now, in harvdog’s case, we’re dealing with a super serious, hyper-sensitive, dim bulb with no apparent sense of humor or even vague awareness of pop culture and current events. I think it would be pretty boring. This is a guy that willingly hung out with Bob Wheeler for extended periods and is showing up 15 years later to brag about it. Grim.

Laughable.  Didn’t brag about anything. I simply stated that I used to tailgate with him. How is that bragging?  You take your self so serious and this is supposed to be fun.