Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Uh, is balding at 16-17 years old a good thing or a bad thing when evaluating prospects?

I had this happen to a friend of mine in high school after his brother was killed in a car accident. It can be related to massive trauma or loss. I don't know the kid's story but it looks almost exactly the same as my friends did with the splotchy hairline. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I had this happen to a friend of mine in high school after his brother was killed in a car accident. It can be related to massive trauma or loss. I don't know the kid's story but it looks almost exactly the same as my friends did with the splotchy hairline. 

Or he has all of his hair pulled back into dreads, but there's some hair on his forehead that isn't pulled back, so it looks like there's a line between that tuft on his forehead and the rest of his hair.

But, hey, what do I know, I'm visually incapable of distinguishing things, and you motherfuckers have the vision of adolescent peregrine falcons.

38 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Or he has all of his hair pulled back into dreads, but there's some hair on his forehead that isn't pulled back, so it looks like there's a line between that tuft on his forehead and the rest of his hair.

But, hey, what do I know, I'm visually incapable of distinguishing things, and you motherfuckers have the vision of adolescent peregrine falcons.

Acceptance is the first step. I’m proud of you. 

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

My understanding is that he announcing that he’s moving to a far less creepy neighborhood. Good luck to him. 

Grayson Lakes is such a shitty neighborhood with drive by’s and drug dealers on every corner.  It’s amazing kids can even make it alive out of Katy.

43 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

You swallow the hook every single time.

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Swallows the hook AND misses the joke. That's a rare and special talent. And by special, I mean like Spider2YBanana.

I think I have found another form of personal kryptonite beyond aggressive females of questionable moral fiber. I’m being bludgeoned here by humorless stupid and I can’t stop swinging right into it. To spare us all, I’ve got to take this to ignore and stop casting the line. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think I have found another form of personal kryptonite beyond aggressive females of questionable moral fiber. I’m being bludgeoned here by humorless stupid and I can’t stop swinging right into it. To spare us all, I’ve got to take this to ignore and stop casting the line. 

Turn your Ignore triggerfinger off Lightspeed, sir. If I haven't put Futureman on ignore yet, this is just entertaining. Don't let the other poster win.

Also, aggressive females with questionable moral fiber is everyone's Kryptonite. Next you're going to tell us that you have a thing for Asians. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Turn your Ignore triggerfinger off Lightspeed, sir. If I haven't put Futureman on ignore yet, this is just entertaining. Don't let the other poster win.

Also, aggressive females with questionable moral fiber is everyone's Kryptonite. Next you're going to tell us that you have a thing for Asians. 

Asians are pretty meh

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We really need a couple stud CB's for this class.  Top 3 in Texas are this guys, the guy committed to Bama' that got mad because we offered like a day later or something, and Ibraheem, who some think aggy has bought.

Edit:  forgot that Bowman could possibly be a CB for us.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We really need a couple stud CB's for this class.  Top 3 in Texas are this guys, the guy committed to Bama' that got mad because we offered like a day later or something, and Ibraheem, who some think aggy has bought.

I could be mistaken, but I thought defensively Bowman projected to S (not that I'm complaining, he needs to be on defense IMO).

32 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I thought we had seen some positive stuff on McCutchin lately, but I skimmed the thread and that appears not to be the case. Maybe I'm thinking of Latrell Neville?

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I thought we had seen some positive stuff on McCutchin lately, but I skimmed the thread and that appears not to be the case. Maybe I'm thinking of Latrell Neville?

I don't remember seeing anything positive on McCutchin. Neville, sure, although you won't find much positive to say about him from this board.