Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

50 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I do. I think he’s a bitchy little troll. I get that he’s 17, but you don’t have to be a bitch at 17. And there are hundreds of kids in America his age that are just as talented as he is  

I think Harvdog’s intentions are good, he just needs to step away from the keyboard and stop taking Adeleye’s deserved criticism personally. Adeleye wants to act like a punk, he’ll get treated like a punk. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NoName said:

motherfucker, you are in the recruiting thread.

most of us who follow this shit even slightly know who they are, and some of us even are aware of the "school" going back to when it was the Bollettieri Tennis Academy or when the home of the residency program for the USSF.

Don't get offended, brother 

Called endorsements. They handle the business end of these players. 

In exchange for this they direct their players in the right direction to maximize their profits. 

Helps Texas or hurts then depending on the position and the success

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

In exchange for this they direct their players in the right direction to maximize their profits. 

we are just going to agree to disagree here. 

4 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13152413

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

Read their contract they sign during admission if you ever have the chance 

interesting you should mention that, here it is and at first glance i don't see anything about that: https://www.imgacademy.com/sites/default/files/img-academy-registration-packet-19-20.pdf

i do see this:

MEDIA RELEASE AND CONSENT: Participant and each Parent/Guardian consent to all recording, photographing and filming of Participant (the “Recordings”) and each agree that IMG can use these Recordings at any time and in any manner without payment to, or additional consent of, Participant or a Parent/Guardian and release IMG and its licensees from all claims related to use of the Recordings.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGhost said:

Important since college players may be able to earn money from endorsements 

however...

1) none of them are in college when they sign this agreement

2) even if they are they can't sign away their rights to a third party when they are under age, much less sign with an agency to manage their rights

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

however...

1) none of them are in college when they sign this agreement

2) even if they are they can't sign away their rights to a third party when they are under age, much less sign with an agency to manage their rights

Just say IMG has first option .

They are a threat to high school football in Texas especially if endorsements are allowed in the college game 

The UIL will have to allow it for high school players as well to keep them from going there 

IMG is one of the best in the world at managing talent in multiple things including sports. 

• Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, TheGhost said:

Just say IMG has first option .

They are a threat to high school football in Texas especially if endorsements are allowed in the college game 

The UIL will have to allow it for high school players as well to keep them from going there 

IMG is one of the best in the world at managing talent in multiple things including sports. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

This may not be the place for you Harvdog. I'm sure there is a site you can find where critical posts about recruits and coaches are not allowed, and where other posters will stroke your fragile ego because a recruit is friends with your kid and you've known him since he was 5. 
Is HornFans still a thing?

My son goes to IMG and is now best friends with Tunmise. I’ll try keep everyone updated, I just want what is best for him because he is the most incredible young man I have ever met. I’m crying right now as I type this just thinking about him. My own son is stupid garbage compared to Tunmise, and I tell him that every time I speak to him. 

Damn that’s good shit, next tell us that Texas is Tunmise’s dream school.

Sorry about your son

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My son goes to IMG and is now best friends with Tunmise. I’ll try keep everyone updated, I just want what is best for him because he is the most incredible young man I have ever met. I’m crying right now as I type this just thinking about him. My own son is stupid garbage compared to Tunmise, and I tell him that every time I speak to him. 

Tunmise’s departure is a real blow to the city of Katy. It’s hard to replace a young man of that character. 

Has anybody checked on Jalen to see how he’s handling the news? I’d hate for him to make a bad decision in the heat of the moment and quit the game over this. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Hah, don't know if I've ever seen an edit like this

I played at Lewisville. Let's just say it's been a while since it was a place college coaches went for talent. Denzel Okafor was the first D1 player out of there in who knows how long.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

All I know is that the next avatar bet CTJ loses to someone, they need to pick ole Harvdog’s pic. 

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

ncf_i_gdavis1_200.jpg

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Idk. I think it should be a good picture of ole Todd Orlando or a gif of 3rd and 17 just so everyone gets a twinge or hatred every time the bet loser posts. 

Problem 1) I would eventually have to lose a bet. Not likely. 

Problem 2) I would never allow the stakes to be as high as some random guy getting to assign my avatar. 

Problem 3) @Fud is in deep shit on his Coburn vs Oromo bet. 

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Seems like he’d be a hell of a QB2. Know nothing about him, but on paper it seems unlikely he’d choose to sign with another QB ranked as high as Milroe.

Yeah that's strange. You'd assume it'd have to be cleared w Milroe too (given his round of "all is well" interviews after meeting Yurcich and going to Elite Day I'm not worried about that)

Sawyer Robertson is from Lubbock;  thought someone had said he was a lock for TT, but that may have been about someone else.  His offer list is underwhelming, for a highly rated guy.  And TT doesn't show up.  (Unless the list is just inaccurate.)

• Mississippi State
  • Louisville
  • Nevada
  • North Texas
  • SMU
  • Texas State
  • Tulsa
  • Washington State
  • Wisconsin

Edited by Getafix

(About the Sawyer Robertson offer.)

rbhoward07 said... (original post)

Is this something that could push Milroe to waiver in his commitment or does he welcome the competition?

Mike Roach
As far as I know, they were told about it early and are ok with it. It's always a dicey game though.

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Problem 2) I would never allow the stakes to be as high as some random guy getting to assign my avatar. 

I’ll be the one laughing once Moro turns 14

• Like 6

I feel like a guy named Sawyer Robertson from Coronado was literally born to go to Tech Mississippi State, throw for 60,000 yards in his career, get drafted in the 7th round, fall off the face of the planet for 5 years, then resurface as the OC at like, Marshall and put up video game numbers there. Guidance from the FCC will require each MSU game broadcast to have no fewer than two mentions of how badly he wanted to come to Texas. Ten years from now our 5th idiot head coach in a row will be trying to hire ol' Sawyer to save his job after going .500 in his first three seasons.

Edited by tokamak

14 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I feel like a guy named Sawyer Robertson from Coronado was literally born to go to Tech Mississippi State, throw for 60,000 yards in his career, get drafted in the 7th round, fall off the face of the planet for 5 years, then resurface as the OC at like, Marshall and put up video game numbers there. Guidance from the FCC will require each MSU game broadcast to have no fewer than two mentions of how badly he wanted to come to Texas. Ten years from now our 5th idiot head coach in a row will be trying to hire ol' Sawyer to save his job after going .500 in his first three seasons.

And then you’ll finally be able to cum? 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What if I bet you that you wouldn’t lose any other bets?