Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Who knew that fatkid's job IRL is that of a handwriting analyst for the criminal justice system? I don't even want to know what my handwriting says about me.

Just start using clipped letters from magazines. Problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Not sure if they are P5 good but they do have a couple of guys in Dezmond Forrest (RB) and Cisco Caston (WR/DB) 

Oh right, Caston's there. Didn't come up on the Google.

A useful improvement for 247 would be making it easier to sort recruits by high school. They don't have a simple system for that.

Horns 247 / Steve Wiltfong / 247 QB Garrett Nussmeier extremely excited about Texas offer

Spoiler

247 QB Garrett Nussmeier extremely excited about Texas offer

Steve Wiltfong

Flower Mound (Texas) Marcus Top247 2021 quarterback Garrett Nussmeier let out a "wow" in informing 247Sports that Texas is the latest program to extend him a scholarship.

Nussmeier has been building a relationship with new offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich and on Friday he received the good news.

"This is huge," Nussmeier added. "Really a relief. Felt like all my hard work is paying off."

It certainly did on the field this fall to the tune of 3,788 yards passing and 38 touchdowns.

The Longhorns enter the mix alongside the likes of LSU, North Carolina, South Carolina, Missouri, Georgia, Arizona State and Purdue regarding programs he keeps in regular touch with.

"I like how just about almost the whole state is behind the Longhorns," Nussmeier said. "I have had a relationship with Coach Yurich a long time and I'm glad he was finally able to pull the trigger."

The 6-foot-1 1/2, 175-pound Nussmeier is ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 171 prospect regardless of position.

Stay tuned for more on this developing story.

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Horns 247 / Steve Wiltfong / 247 QB Garrett Nussmeier extremely excited about Texas offer

Hide contents

Steve Wiltfong

Flower Mound (Texas) Marcus Top247 2021 quarterback Garrett Nussmeier let out a "wow" in informing 247Sports that Texas is the latest program to extend him a scholarship.

Nussmeier has been building a relationship with new offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich and on Friday he received the good news.

"This is huge," Nussmeier added. "Really a relief. Felt like all my hard work is paying off."

It certainly did on the field this fall to the tune of 3,788 yards passing and 38 touchdowns.

The Longhorns enter the mix alongside the likes of LSU, North Carolina, South Carolina, Missouri, Georgia, Arizona State and Purdue regarding programs he keeps in regular touch with.

"I like how just about almost the whole state is behind the Longhorns," Nussmeier said. "I have had a relationship with Coach Yurich a long time and I'm glad he was finally able to pull the trigger."

The 6-foot-1 1/2, 175-pound Nussmeier is ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 171 prospect regardless of position.

Is this Doug Nussmeier's kid?

(They look very similar to me.  But, then again... y'know...)

2 minutes ago, JerryHubbard said:

Bryce and mom had a great time at Jr Day - they very much enjoyed meeting the new OC.  Liked him a lot.

Bryce was able to talk with Herman more and again visited with the Track program.  Everyone assured him that he could continue to throw at UT while playing football.

Heidi (mom) is still hoping for College Station, but that does not appear to be his personal preference.  He is a huge fan of coach Hand.  Oregon, Oklahoma, and LSU also still in mix (LSU recruiting him the hardest), but Texas probably the favorite with his buddies going there and his relationship with Hand.  Doubt mom or brother will relent.  Saying they don't really care, but you know that they do.

That's all I have.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, JerryHubbard said:

Bryce and mom had a great time at Jr Day - they very much enjoyed meeting the new OC.  Liked him a lot.

Bryce was able to talk with Herman more and again visited with the Track program.  Everyone assured him that he could continue to throw at UT while playing football.

Heidi (mom) is still hoping for College Station, but that does not appear to be his personal preference.  He is a huge fan of coach Hand.  Oregon, Oklahoma, and LSU also still in mix (LSU recruiting him the hardest), but Texas probably the favorite with his buddies going there and his relationship with Hand.  Doubt mom or brother will relent.  Saying they don't really care, but you know that they do.

That's all I have.

Jerry, if you falsely get our hopes up, I'm going to

giphy.gif

(h/t @Burt Macklin on the cameo)

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, JerryHubbard said:

That's all I have.

Jerry, if you falsely get our hopes up, I'm going to

tumblr_n1dd118cwJ1rw80z2o2_250.gifv

(h/t @Burt Macklin on the cameo)

17 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Reveal hidden contents

Steve Wiltfong

Additional comments from Wiltfong/Nussmeier:

He feels loved by LSU right now. Talking to several others.

“I think the teams I talk to the most right now, I’d say LSU we talk all the time, I know they want me bad and I’m their guy, same with South Carolina and Missouri. I talk to Georgia a good bit, same with North Carolina, Arizona State and Purdue.”

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Additional comments from Wiltfong/Nussmeier:

He feels loved by LSU right now. Talking to several others.

“I think the teams I talk to the most right now, I’d say LSU we talk all the time, I know they want me bad and I’m their guy, same with South Carolina and Missouri. I talk to Georgia a good bit, same with North Carolina, Arizona State and Purdue.”

If you could predict where he was going to end up, would that make you.....

(wait for it)

Nusstradamus?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JerryHubbard said:

That's all I have.

Image result for Rick and Morty Jerry gif

• Like 3