Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Freebirds is the most overrated place to eat. It’s like a redneck Chipotle in that you have to like sodium, two days of your caloric intake at one time and diarrhea. I guess if you are fat or poor it has an appeal but to me that place is like eating out of a toilet. 

Freebirds is a recipe for yobogoyas.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like 247 will do a rankings update next week.  Will be interesting to see who gets a big increase or drop.  I could see Bowman going way up, 247 has him at #28 in the state currently.

Wouldn't surprise me if JaTavion Sanders got bumped up to a five star. He's at a.9758 rn 

Edited by TankedBevo

17 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Wouldn't surprise me if JaTavion Sanders got bumped up to a five star. He's at a.9758 rn 

What position is he recruited for? He seems one protein bar away from 235-240, which would be a huge WR (his 247 profile lists WR).

Edited by pacman

17 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

The only thing holding Sanders back being a composite 5* is his ESPN ranking of #123 nationally.  They've only had one ranking done back on the summer, and Gerry Hamilton said it'd be updated after the season.

The only thing holding Sanders back being a composite 5* is his ESPN ranking of #123 nationally. 

Not one service currently ranks him as a 5*. 247 has him at 40. Rivals has him at 41. So it’s a lot more than ESPN’s shitty ranking that’s holding him back. Although he could def end up there.

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Not one service currently ranks him as a 5*. 247 has him at 40. Rivals has him at 41. So it’s a lot more than ESPN’s shitty ranking that’s holding him back. Although he could def end up there.

Not really. If he was ranked around 40 on all 3 sites, then he’d almost definitely be a composite 5*. 

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

I never thought I’d say this, but I miss that goofy kid. Roach bores me. 

I could barely listen to the podcast with EJ but atleast he knew how to troll aggy.  I stopped listening to Roach.  I’d rather watch paint dry.  He seems like a great guy but he’s either gotta lose some weight or figure out what the hell is up with his heavy breathing.

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Big recruiting trainer (not one of the particularly corrupt ones)

Yeah he has good relationship with actual high school coaches and seems to help get exposure for kids to sign FCS, DII and whatnot.  Guessing the hookem was in response to Allen getting an offer from Texas 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squeegeedegg said:

Alright, don't take this as criticism of Bowman at all, but Justin Watkins I recall had as good or better return highlights when he committed.  I think Bowman is rated appropriately as it is.  With just a little more speed I would agree, surefire 5 star

Watkins was already starting to get dinged for transferring high schools so much. And then of course the criminality started happening.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Watkins was already starting to get dinged for transferring high schools so much. And then of course the criminality started happening.

I'm aware, but Watkins peaked at around a .97; and unless Bowman takes that extra step his senior year and at the AA game (he might) then I would expect him to also hang around the max .97 range

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

It will be a shame to watch those return skills go to waste as he’s directed to fair-catch everything.

fucking. Triggered. 

I expect the ST units to take the biggest step forward next season, and that takes into account that I expect the defense to be much improved. The roster depth finally has speed and we have hired several coaches to address ST.

I know — hope is a dangerous thing. 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:49 AM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni seems pretty confident with aggy and LJ Johnson.  Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember seeing much between him and aggy before this last weekend.

The next recruit Perroni meets who he thinks won't sign with A&M will be the first.

• Like 1