Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

20 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jackson may have looked awkward in that drill, but he's a stud and definate take.  On the flip side, we already have the best pass rusher for this class in Sanders.

Good news is we have a good shot at landing both. What I’ve heard (one sauce, not multiple sauces), is that Price is struggling with recruiting Jackson the last month.

Landon Jacksom composite has been updated, kid dropped almost 200 points in the average and to #14 in the state.

Sanders moved up to #4 by default.

Is Deuce Harmon a guy we are even looking at?  Looks aggy bound, but he's a composite 4* now.

Also, James Brockermeyer is now a 4* on Rivals.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Landon Jacksom composite has been updated, kid dropped almost 200 points in the average and to #14 in the state.

Sanders moved up to #4 by default.

Is Deuce Harmon a guy we are even looking at?  Looks aggy bound, but he's a composite 4* now.

Also, James Brockermeyer is now a 4* on Rivals.

Harmon's good, we want him. Strong nickel prospect.

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From TFLoss. 

Suchomel over at OrangeBloods saying he's very close to predicting OL Jonah Miller of Tucson, AZ to Texas.

Nice looking player... looks like an interior guy to me.  Maybe he's a Donovan Jackson replacement. 

Edited by RabidM

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah I think @closetojumping said a while back the staff is high on him.  Bijan's HS teammate.  

Lot of offers have gone out lately, but none to OL/DL.  Maybe the staff likes where they're at with the top guys.

This Olineman was offered last month

https://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-Wykoff-46080998/

3 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I like it that we are taking a page from Saban's strategy and going nationwide with offers to get these players to come to the 40 acres for an evaluation.  

We've offered no doubt national bluechip guys like this every year since Herman came. And sort of when Strong was here (though less systematically).

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We've offered no doubt national bluechip guys like this every year since Herman came. And sort of when Strong was here (though less systematically).

When you have to decide between guys like Cam'Ron Valdez (Rockdale) and Jonathan Brooks (Hallettsville) against out of state players like TreVeyon Henderson, I hope that evaluation is done on campus.  Stars at Night.  

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Like 1

Nick Harris CBs Nussmeier to LSU

IT tidbits

Spoiler

Wells: I think four is the number for this class. Quay Davis, Cody Jackson, Teddy Knox/JoJo Earle, Elijah Bean.

Seems we are still in it for Donovan Jackson as he would like to be closer to home. Win big in 2020, and that gets interesting. 

Bram Walden (https://247sports.com/Player/Bram-Walden-46055225/) expected to be in town soon. Hand likes him a lot, same high school as Ringo. There's a real chance there. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Like 2