Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Nick Harris CBs Nussmeier to LSU

IT tidbits

Hide contents

Wells: I think four is the number for this class. Quay Davis, Cody Jackson, Teddy Knox/JoJo Earle, Elijah Bean.

Seems we are still in it for Donovan Jackson as he would like to be closer to home. Win big in 2020, and that gets interesting. 

Bram Walden (https://247sports.com/Player/Bram-Walden-46055225/) expected to be in town soon. Hand likes him a lot, same high school as Ringo. There's a real chance there. 

That's a terrific WR haul if we hit on those players..  DJack really in play, still?

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

IT tidbits

Hide contents

Wells: I think four is the number for this class. Quay Davis, Cody Jackson, Teddy Knox/JoJo Earle, Elijah Bean.

Seems we are still in it for Donovan Jackson as he would like to be closer to home. Win big in 2020, and that gets interesting. 

Bram Walden (https://247sports.com/Player/Bram-Walden-46055225/) expected to be in town soon. Hand likes him a lot, same high school as Ringo. There's a real chance there. 

Seems like we are in a good spot for Jonah Miller as OL as well.  Going to be interesting to see how things go with OL recruiting.

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

That's a terrific WR haul if we hit on those players..  DJack really in play, still?

A source close to the family think that if Texas proves it can develop OL and compete for championships, he would prefer to stay closer to home than Columbus. Idk what his family situation looks like, but that's coming from his dad's side. His mom is the one with the bucknut in her purse and may be skewing the perspective on how shut down his recruitment really is. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Going to be interesting to see how things go with OL recruiting.

Really interesting. If we're looking for 5 more, and 3 of them might have to be late cycle flips, who they take now will be informative. Who they can keep warm without committing elsewhere will be interesting. OL seems to have gone the way of QB recruiting in that it's hard to string a 2nd option out if your 1st is squirrelly. Any 5 of Foster/Byrd/DJack/JB/TB/Walden/Miller is fine by me, but I expect we'll see some backup offers soon because I don't think the 2nd tier of guys in that group will hold out and wait for what the Brocks decide to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Hand is really handling the 2021 class well. Not waiting on the Brocks is the exact way he should process this class. If you get to the end with some collection from Byrd, Foster, Conner, Walden, Miller, or Jackson. I think most can live with it.

if the Brocks dont wanna continue their legacy, then so be it.  Time for new ones.

7 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

The Brocks will be in Austin, patience. 

Not so reliable in your bold predictions there bud. The last part was accurate, though.

Evans will be in Austin, especially if Texas wins 8-10 games.

I would put it Texas, Bama right now. Liucci is a fucking retard. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah! Fuck those 5 star talents! I only want good kids who want to be Ags!

I get what you are saying but I think Hand continuing to recruit other guys for their 2 spots is important not only for leverage but because we've seen other coaches on this staff that didn't recruit a plan b, while only shooting for the moon and the resultant outcomes. The fucking Noah Cain, Trey Sanders debacle for instance. I do think the Brocks end up Longhorns but if they somehow end up elsewhere and Texas is in a good spot with Miller and Walden because Hand has done a good job fostering and growing those relationships, I'm good with it.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

A source close to the family think that if Texas proves it can develop OL and compete for championships, he would prefer to stay closer to home than Columbus. Idk what his family situation looks like, but that's coming from his dad's side. His mom is the one with the bucknut in her purse and may be skewing the perspective on how shut down his recruitment really is. 

Really interesting. If we're looking for 5 more, and 3 of them might have to be late cycle flips, who they take now will be informative. Who they can keep warm without committing elsewhere will be interesting. OL seems to have gone the way of QB recruiting in that it's hard to string a 2nd option out if your 1st is squirrelly. Any 5 of Foster/Byrd/DJack/JB/TB/Walden/Miller is fine by me, but I expect we'll see some backup offers soon because I don't think the 2nd tier of guys in that group will hold out and wait for what the Brocks decide to do. 

Year 3 for Hand. Time to prove he can develop and coach at an elite level. No more excuses for games like ou and baylor or tcu last year.

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Year 3 for Hand. Time to prove he can develop and coach at an elite level. No more excuses for games like ou and baylor or tcu last year.

We get it, you're the resident Hand skeptic. 

Between this post, @Blackcat00 floating in to tell us everything's going to be fine with a drifting 5-star recruit, and @golfclap using Drayton as his negative example in a mostly unrelated post, everyone's really playing the hits today.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Such a bizarre position to take. There's certainly plenty of blame to go around for the back half of last season's offensive performances, but Hand's units have shown improvements every year he's been here and he's recruited pretty well. Of the position coaches last season, he had the most consistent unit, despite shitty playcalling that compromised his line. 

• Like 2

The Brocks have always talked up the school they had just visited. Doesn't mean they are going to commit there - it's just that they are very respectful of the all the schools that host them, and yet 9:95ers fall for it every time. Don't pay attention to what they say now. It's really simple as it comes to Texas' chances with them - win 10+ games and we land them; win 8 or less, and the class starts to disintegrate along with the football program.

22 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Kind of hard for Hand to look good when our running game revolved around rotating a dive and off-tackle play that everyone on the opposing defense know was coming. 

33 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Such a bizarre position to take. There's certainly plenty of blame to go around for the back half of last season's offensive performances, but Hand's units have shown improvements every year he's been here and he's recruited pretty well. Of the position coaches last season, he had the most consistent unit, despite shitty playcalling that compromised his line. 

Not that bizarre based on what we witnessed last season. I'll always expect elite here, improving from below average to average is not enough. 

17 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Kind of hard for Hand to look good when our running game revolved around rotating a dive and off-tackle play that everyone on the opposing defense know was coming. 

Could be, we should find out if Herman's failure on staff 1.0 is to blame. Perhaps a good OC will allow Drayton and Hand to prove they are elite coaches. As entertaining as our home games were last year, i'd like to beat Kansas without needing a last second drive/fg. I expect our offense to not get dominated by ou, baylor and tcu or anyone on this schedule. 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

I get what you are saying but I think Hand continuing to recruit other guys for their 2 spots is important not only for leverage but because we've seen other coaches on this staff that didn't recruit a plan b, while only shooting for the moon and the resultant outcomes. The fucking Noah Cain, Trey Sanders debacle for instance. I do think the Brocks end up Longhorns but if they somehow end up elsewhere and Texas is in a good spot with Miller and Walden because Hand has done a good job fostering and growing those relationships, I'm good with it.  

Dude, I’m in no way criticizing Hand. I’m Mocking that stupid fucking take. If the Brocks don’t come here it’s on Herman and the Brocks. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

i dont understand the Brocks. if i were them, i would have committed to Texas early and help Milroe build out the #1 class in the nation thereby ensuring program, as well as their own, success. but thats just me. 

and you would've transferred to LT

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

We get it, you're the resident Hand skeptic. 

Between this post, @Blackcat00 floating in to tell us everything's going to be fine with a drifting 5-star recruit, and @golfclap using Drayton as his negative example in a mostly unrelated post, everyone's really playing the hits today.

Where's my $9.99

9 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

IT tidbits

Reveal hidden contents

Has Cody Jackson shown any interest in UT? 

6 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

The Brocks have always talked up the school they had just visited. Doesn't mean they are going to commit there - it's just that they are very respectful of the all the schools that host them, and yet 9:95ers fall for it every time. Don't pay attention to what they say now. It's really simple as it comes to Texas' chances with them - win 10+ games and we land them; win 8 or less, and the class starts to disintegrate along with the football program.

They aren’t waiting until the last game to evaluate our season. It will be decided by the OU game. We beat LSU and OU early and then they’ll be ours.  We lose both, then we lose them.  We split, then probably 75% we don’t land them. 
They are looking for reasons to not come here. We need to make it clear very early that we are on the rise to be up there with the Clemsons and Bamas, but located in their home state and daddy’s school. 

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

They aren’t waiting until the last game to evaluate our season. It will be decided by the OU game. We beat LSU and OU early and then they’ll be ours.  We lose both, then we lose them.  We split, then probably 75% we don’t land them. 
They are looking for reasons to not come here. We need to make it clear very early that we are on the rise to be up there with the Clemsons and Bamas, but located in their home state and daddy’s school. 

What a weird way to phrase "they want to win a lot"